New York-Western

Photographers-Review and 1 vs. 2?

Has anyone worked with, or know a fried who used Christopher Scinta?  His photos look great and his prices seem reasonable.  Just want to make sure it's not too good to be true!

Also, any thoughts on going with someone that shoots solo verses with an assistant?

Re: Photographers-Review and 1 vs. 2?

• spenet1spenet1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a solo photographer, and thinking back I'm kinda disappointed I chose that. I mean, she's AWESOME and the price was right, but having two people there feels so much more secure. Little things, like if one needs to use the bathroom nothing will be missed!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    White Knot
  • edited December 2011
    I am going with 2... Tess Moran is my photog and her sister will be shooting also.  I couldn't imagine having just one photographer for one main reason...
    I want someone to be able to get shots of me walking down the aisle with my dad... butttttt..... I want to get some great shots of my future husbands face while I am walking down the aisle.  Priceless.
    I am sure it CAN be done with just one.... but I don't want to risk missing those first few precious moments.  To me, it is worth spending a little extra to make sure i get those shots.
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    we have 2. it is the way to go!
    Just Married Photo
  • degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have two as well! But that was part of the package. Do whatever your gutt is telling you, that would be my advice.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • beekaboo43beekaboo43 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    While I don't know anyone who has used Chris for wedding photographs, I actually sing in a local choir with him and he's taken all of the groups photos.  I think all of our pictures have come out really good but most of all, Chris is just a really nice, fun guy...would definitely recommend him
  • edited December 2011
    i am using dana marie photo.  there will be 2 photographers.

i like the idea that 2 people will be taking the pictures and that we can get different angles/perspectives of the different tings...and i don't want to miss anything!
  • edited December 2011
    I am convinced it's better to have 2 photographers, simply because then you have 2 different angles and 2 different styles. Two good photographers are not going to have same exact image. And it only takes a second to miss something. Plus, sometime clergy restricts photography and any movement. What if one photographer doesn't have a shot?
  • bergkamp.janebergkamp.jane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do what you can afford.  But, if you do one just make sure you leave enough time inbetween things to take pictures since he wont have an assistant it might take longer.  
  • funnygirl1981funnygirl1981 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Chris Scinta does offer a 2nd photographer option. It's listed on his investment page at the bottom. Best of luck with your wedding!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards