Attire & Accessories Forum

Help- 2 questions- What to wear?

I'm going to an evening wedding & reception in two weeks at a country club and have no idea what to wear. I've never gone to a wedding at a country club and I don't know these people (my fiance does). Any suggestions? Casual dress? Cocktail dress? I don't know.

Question #2. Do the groomsmen and bridesmaids attire need to match? My bridesmaids all have this dress in this color (thanks to whoever posted this photo). While I bought the matching bowties for the guys just in case I think they would look funny in them and their black tuxes. And I prefer the look of regular ties. Our other color is a dark purple. Could the guys wear a dark purple tie? Would they wear this with a black vest or dark purple vest? I really don't have a clue and my fiance isn't sure either.
Ann Taylor Strapless Karen Dupioni Silk Dress in Pacific Blue

Thanks for any advice or suggestions!
New Knottie fwdarlin

Re: Help- 2 questions- What to wear?

• 1. Wear a cocktail dress. FI in a suit.

2. No, they don't need to match. The guys can wear ties in your other colour, or even a neutral like silver, white, black or champagne. If your guys wear purple ties, it would be nice for the girls to have purple in their bouquets to tie them in together - just an idea, not mandatory or anything. They can wear a vest that matches the tie, or in something neutral like black.

FWIW my girls wore Alfred Angelo "grape" dresses with champagne sashes and the guys wore champagne ties, no vest. My husband wore a white tie.  https://sites.google.com/site/ringpopmarriedbio/formal-photos
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • 1- I don't really know, sorry!

2- I agree with pp, the guys can wear ties (long or bow - I prefer long too) in the blue, the purple, or something neutral like silver, white, etc. I think the vest can be either the same color as the tie or black or white. If it were me I would probably go with ties in the color of the BM dresses, or like pp said, if the ties are purple maybe have something purple in the BM attire - bouquet, sash, etc.
  • Thanks ladies! I was so unsure but I think we might go with the dark purple for the guys after reading your opinions. Also the BMs will have purple in their bouquets and the GMs will have a purple and blue boutonniere so I think it will be fine for them not to match in attire.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards