Not Engaged Yet

Cute traditions

Do you ladies have any cute traditions that seem to have stuck or at least lasted awhile? I know I'm just at the beginning of my relationship, but BF loves to bring me just a single rose on special occasions. I got 1 back on our 1 month anniversary and 1 just this past weekend on my birthday. 

Re: Cute traditions

• AW how sweet!

FI always brings me flowers for my bday and the week after Vday ( we celebrate after the hallmark card holiday when the rush slows down). For our bdays we go out for Habachi and the non-bday person pays for the dinner while the other pays for the drinks since it ends up being an $80-$100 night.

• edited January 2012
    We attend an re-enactment event the last weekend of January every year, and that night in the hotel we order gratuitous dessert for dinner from room service.

It feels so ridiculous and awesome in a "I'm a grown up and can eat cake for dinner if I want!" sort of way..
  • edited January 2012
    Aww! FI did the single rose thing for me when we were dating. No flowers since, though. (humph) 
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • No....but I want some. LOL. Can I steal some of your traditions? Hehe....

I definitely want to start new traditions in the house. We have holiday traditions, but not "just because" traditions.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Nah, not really. We're sort of a boring unmarried married couple.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_cute-traditions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:d07d1d05-0fac-4fa3-8a38-8e8d06f8573dPost:4be7e63a-651b-4828-88b1-e72404810ef8">Re: Cute traditions</a>:
    [QUOTE]We attend an re-enactment event the last weekend of January every year, and that night in the hotel we order gratuitous dessert for dinner from room service. It feels so ridiculous and awesome in a "I'm a grown up and can eat cake for dinner if I want!" sort of way..
    Posted by klkaigev[/QUOTE]

<div>AHH Cake! I want cake now. :D</div>
  • We have a tradition to go out on the monthly anniversary of us starting dating. The reason is because we rarely get a "date night' because of our schedules - so it's the one night out of the month we dedicate to ourselves.
  • Cake makes everything better :0D
  • I don't think we have any traditions beyond birthday sex, but hey don't need to have a birthday to have some sexy time :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_cute-traditions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:d07d1d05-0fac-4fa3-8a38-8e8d06f8573dPost:a5b9ecbf-2910-41ba-acd2-94e337a41ae3">Re: Cute traditions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nah, not really. We're sort of a boring unmarried married couple.
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]

<div>Haha, same here. </div>

• edited January 2012
    Nothing really big I get flowers after every show I do which is so sweet.  We talk every night on the phone and we send at least one email a day at work.  We always wish each other sweet dreams at night. cute stuff like that.  I can't think of any big ones right now though. 

Anniversary

• when we first started dating my bf bought me one rose for every month we had dated on our "monthiversary" all the way up to one year. now we just celebrate the anniversaries :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards