Wedding Etiquette Forum

boring Friday night...

Re: boring Friday night...

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_boring-friday-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ff64d3de-465a-4779-a833-9e51bd343dbbPost:1e873063-5dde-4c4f-9f7c-be1705a1e6d9">Re: boring Friday night...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Especially with the way you drink. 
    Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]
    no kidding.  i heart me some alcohol.
    Photobucket
  • That's what I thought too mica.  maybe its ok in the third trimester?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ciara - I would go darker in color (can you still color while PG?).  It will really work with your pale skin.  Maybe add layers around your face... do you have anything against a fringe "bangs"?
  • Oh, that's right.  Now I remember.  Okay, so you're not pregnant?

Have you tried charting your basal temperatures?  I've been told that diagnoses a whole lot of stuff.

Or, maybe I'm hanging out at the Catholic board too much.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_boring-friday-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:ff64d3de-465a-4779-a833-9e51bd343dbbPost:712536a5-48ba-487e-a758-56430343ff24">Re: boring Friday night...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Arent' there rules about dying your hair when you're pregnant?  Or is my medical memory failing me?
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

I think it's just a "limit your exposure" kind of thing.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Waiting to meet the baby broccoli on 5/5/2013!
  • I agree with going darker ciaram.  and get some layers in there for some body.
  • I always thought you couldn't do the dye during pregnancy either. 

KJB, will you go back to FB please quick?
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • After AF comes my way I have to start charting my temps.  weird!
  • You can't dye your hair in the first trimester. I'm way into my second and as long as I do an early appointment I don't think the fumes will be enough to make me sick yet.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_boring-friday-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:ff64d3de-465a-4779-a833-9e51bd343dbbPost:7040dfa2-466b-40a3-b329-e0c09c7cd3cb">Re: boring Friday night...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, that's right.  Now I remember.  Okay, so you're not pregnant? Have you tried charting your basal temperatures?  I've been told that diagnoses a whole lot of stuff. Or, maybe I'm hanging out at the Catholic board too much.
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

Heh, too many NFPers, eh?  I personally am leaning towards Billings moreso than the temperature thing when I go off of the pill.  Seems much more reliable.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Nevermind, you're in your second trimester, so you should be safe dying hair.  I think going a little darker would be good too.
  • What is Billings?  I don't know if I'm going to do ANYTHING at first... maybe just go off BC for a few months and see what happens.  
  • My plan when I go off the pill is to just have a lot of sex and hope for the best.  Haha and probably some ovulation kits.  That whole NFP thing is too weird for me.  Especially because as a health teacher it is my job to instruct my students on how not effective those methods are in birth control.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I have been seriously been considering bangs. I hate the way my hair looks right now. I used to have bangs but got so tired of them I got rid of them. Now I miss them. There used to be layers to my hair they just don't keep there body like they used to.
  • *Potential TMI Disclaimer*

Billings involves examing your secretion every day.  I'm sure you can find more information online (Billings Ovulation Method), but essentially the clear slimy kind of discharge means it's baby making time.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • LOL - a lady I know just referred to TTC as "fucking like bunnies".  
  • Apparently the billings method gets down and dirty with the cervix.
  • I just stopped the ring and have started charting.  Yup, have the basal body thermometer by the bedside, read Taking Care of Your Fertility.  I am woman, or something.

But KJB, have you been tested to see if there's something going on in your girl parts?
  • i wanted to do the temp thing - i got TCOYF but, since i'm lazy, never got around to starting it.  i printed off the charts and everything.  so who knows.  but 4 pg tests tell me i'm not pg.  yeah, just a bit paranoid.  :)
    Photobucket
  • Go see your doctor for blood work. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh, and dnb, the success (or lack thereof) of NFP does kinda frighten me.  I'm not gonna go off of the pill until we're okay with the prospect of maybe ending up pregnant, even if we didn't quite mean to yet.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Veggie - There's a website/book about "taking charge of your fertility" that combines temp charting and fluid charting that people swear is extremely effective as either preventative or TTC timing.
  • I'm picking up TCOYF this weekend!  I don't want to start TTC until our honeymoon in march but I'd like to get knocked up then.
  • seriously, i'm the laziest person ever. i was going to ask one of the gynes when he was at work yeasterday, but nosey mcnoseypants was in the room, so i didn't get a chance.  i should make an appt i guess. 
    i did have a cbc a few months ago through work and that was all good.  but that was in july i think
    Photobucket
  • I'd be paranoid too.  So do you want me to try to unofficially diagnose you over the internet?  ;P  I could try.  I got one of the highest scores in women's health in medical school and used to run a bunch of the women's health clubs.  Used to work at PP too, so I know a bit about that stuff, even if I just take care of post-menopausal women now.  
  • I will probably pick it up later this year.  when we're a little closer to the time.
  • Okay...  any funny cramping, weight gain, bloating?

Were your periods regular before?

• KJB - I've been meaning to tell you for a while now that I really like your wedding dress.  So many beach gowns are super slutty, but yours is gorgeous.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I also did the blonde because DH and I had a bet going. I don't remember the logistics now other than the fact that if I lost I would go blonde. I'm just so ready for a change and need a new style that actually makes me feel like I look good.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards