Wedding Woes

judging + confessions

(i originally called this just confessions, but it's mostly judging)

i hate it when someone has a party and does not have appropriate serving pieces.  i especially hate seeing cookies sitting on a dirty baking sheet, and a cake on a jellyroll pan.  get some platters, people.

i don't understand pinterest.  pinterest = food you will never make + i wish my body looked like that + guys i think are hot + remember when?! + clothes.  it's basically my trapper keeper from jr high except for everyone to see (and people like me to harshly judge)
(not that you care, but i don't pinterest so i am not following you or repinning or whatever.  i am following pintester.com, and i really believe that her results = most people's results)

i wish we could have an anonymous post and not have it descend into chaos.  i really do feel it has some value but someone (or more than one) is even more mean than nicole.

dh and i are house hunting.  did this nearly end anyone else's marriage?

zappos says that fall shoes will be western, tribal or bootie.  i thought gladiators were the worst.  NO THIS IS

i think cw might be gone.  that makes me tres sad.

Re: judging + confessions

• I agree on all counts with Pinterest. I have no interest in that place. I like the home decor aspect but I can find that in my magazines, etc. I am a magazine hoarder and I have that isht organized.

House hunting is the worst. DH nitpicked at the stupidest things, and when I pointed out that we'd have to spend XXX to upgrade or whatever to have it be functional or our style he'd tell me that we could deal. No dude- I am not dealing with things that I know you will never want to spend money on.

I'd like to do an anonymous post but I agree that someone has ruined the fun of it. Oh well. But then again, I sort of think if you can't say it as yourself why hide behind a screen name.

• WzzWzz member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    cw might just be on summer break.

i would like to see an anonymous thread, except someone is a lunatic and doesn't know appropriate adult behavior. there is always moderating, though. and really, if anon brings out the bad in someone, it's going to give even more info on the person.

i don't understand pinterest, and i do not understand twitter. i watched TV with H last night without being interrupted by social media and thought about how many people out there have hand imprints on their computers. they may never make eye contact with another human.
  • DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    1. I have a couple of platters, but FFS, even a dinner plate is better than a baking sheet for serving cookies.

2. I don't pinterest, either, really, and I am pretty much into social media. Then again, I don't instagram, either, so maybe I"m not as into it as I think I am.

3. I think anonymous posts are awesome. They do get out of hand, though.

4. We did strangely well with the house-building. Mostly because DH said it was almost all my decision. Maybe plan ahead and decide what are dealbreakers for each of you? H was all about a dining room with 4 walls - no open dining/living combos. I was more about his/her closets. We also went to a lot of open houses to see what we did/didn't like about various house plans, and that helped narrow our scope. We also had to live within 1/2 mile of the fire district or H would have to quit, so that also limited our options quite a bit.

5. I have seen a lot of western boots around. I think they might be right. I'll stick with my usual boring crap.

6. :(

• WzzWzz member
    ps - i can't take anyone anon seriously when they can't even say it as themselves. i end up thinking anything they say is going to be a lie.
  • due to "fifty shades of utter idiocy", i have never been so grateful to dh for nixing the name "gray" for baby mo.  the checkout clerk at the grocery story is in his 20s and named "cullen"; i asked him if he hated twilight because of his name and i could feel the weight of a thousand eye rolls as he said "HELLZ YES ... ma'am."
  • DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment

Actually, I *did* do something I saw on pinterest once. It was pretty genius. 

It was this one. I used our apple slicer instead of cutting with a knife, though. It worked great, except the kids didn't eat the damn apple anyway. Go figure.

• 6fsn6fsn member
    I pinterest for the recipes.  I also enjoy watching what smarty SIL pins because she really will do those crafty things. 

I don't see the appeal in anon posts.  Maybe if they didn't degrade so quickly.

House hunting was rough, rough, rough.  It's time consuming and emotionally and physically draining.  Thank jeebus my mom was our realtor.  She watched the kids so we could look at a house. 

Maybe some day I'll get new shoes.

I hope cw is just taking a break.
  • I don't see a link for that DG.  I even hovered my mouse over it.

I am on pinterest, but I don't pin anything,a nd people are still adding me.  So huh.

I love booties, and tribal.  I especially love these ones on solestruck called vintage jones boots...they are suppppper expensive but so cute.  I am a sucker for trends.  Yep.

Is there a way for us to start an anonymous thread with a sign in that is exclusive?  Yes, I sound like an idiot.

Househunting---I hardly remember.  H and I were in agreement on most things, "scary" "serial killer" "creepy/haunted" "ugly" "small".  Wait, there was ONE house I reaaaallly liked, but H was all "no" and then we found the house we live in and we like it eleventybillion times more.
  • There's someone here mowing my lawn. They've been here at least a few times before. We do not pay them, nor do we even know who the company is (their vehicle is unmarked). I notified the previous owner of the house that this had happened right after we moved in, figuring that she'd just forgotten to cancel the lawn service. But they still come. It's not regular, or if it is I'm often not here when it happens. I've never received a bill, and I plan to let it go until I do.

We did surprisingly well buying the house, but mostly because we both agreed it was a pile of sht and that we'd fix it up later. I think rebuilding is going to be a whole different story.

I love pinterest. But my boards are almost all craft related and I've done almost everything I've pinned and in most cases mine has turned out the same or better. I read pintester once and I couldn't get over how horribly written the post was so I won't go back. It pisses me off that such a great idea got taken by someone with such horrible execution.
  • House hunting was fairly easy for us. I loved our house before I even saw it, mainly because a friend of mine lives in the exact same house one street over. As soon as our realtor (DH's BFF) emailed me the listing, I immediately made the decision that it was our house. DH was shocked, and there were no fights until it came to packing up the condo.

I love Pinterest. I find it entertaining. I don't pin any crafts, becasue I don't do crafts, but I've found cute stuff for Baby A, some good recipes and some other fun things.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • re: pintester -- YES.  she reminds me of  allrecipes reviewers who say/do stupid things like "this recipe was terrible!  i didn't have onions so i used a turnip, and i was out of flour so i used baking soda. i subsituted coffee for the beef broth, and doubled the amount of sal.  the pot roast tasted like glue!" 
  • I'm not looking forward to the house-selling/hunting process with DH.  He and I battled it out over DefConn's name.  How are we ever going to settle on a house that will please us both? 

DH tried to get me to go for Cullen instead of DefConn's name and I told him there's no way I was having anyone associate our baby with Twilight.  He nixed Grayson.  I'm grateful on both accounts.

I don't get the Pinterest craze at all.  It seems like it's just an online 'vision' board. 

I, too, judge people who serve on baking sheets or other non-serving items at parties.  It's really not hard to that ish on a plate/platter.

The next time DH ever has a weekday off, I'm going to railroad his ass on getting isht done around the house since he's 'off' as he's trying to do to me because I had to take this week off as my sitter is on vacation and we have no other options.  I'm also buying  ice cream bars and hiding them from him (and the kiddo) because he ate 3/4 of the one I graciously shared with him last night.  I almost waited until he went to bed to eat it but decided to be nice and share.  Never again. 
  • My glucose readings have been higher than ever before and also lower....I think this is moving me out of being insulin resistant and into for realz sugarbeetus. Too bad I didn't start working out three years ago, like I was supposed to. This makes me want to cry right now, but I know I'll get over it.

I started sticking my toes.....this is either the best idea ever, or I'm going to lose a foot.
  • :(  Min, that makes me have a sad.  I don't know if working out would've helped really...I think diet is such a big part.
  • Yeah....I didn't really change that, either....aside from losing some weight. I dropped in the neighborhood of 20lbs, but that won't help me, I guess.

Makes me want to cry. So often women just want to be skinny....I'd trade it all not to have to be so broken everywhere.
  • :(  I bet that just burns your biscuits...when people say the whole "at least you're skinny". 
  • Ugh. I'm sorry, Min. I really hope you can get it under control quickly.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • No....I just tell them everyone is different and everyone has their own crap. Skinny =/= perfect life.

Now, if I could be 2 inches taller and 20 years younger and a super model, I'd shut up ;)
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    I'm sorry Min.  Have you tried any testing on your forearms?

Also, are you eating at regular intervals? 
  • *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_judging-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:c6041442-d0e8-4109-a054-8937b0262298Post:5fd5d5a2-1330-4705-9c67-5253d2129233">Re: judging + confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]re: pintester -- YES.  she reminds me of <strong> allrecipes reviewers who say/do stupid things like "this recipe was terrible!  i didn't have onions so i used a turnip, and i was out of flour so i used baking soda. i subsituted coffee for the beef broth, and doubled the amount of sal.  the pot roast tasted like glue!" 
    </strong>Posted by hmonkey[/QUOTE]

DG has been reviewing on allrecipes? ;-)

i like looking at all of the recipes on pinterest - I've made a few things and they turned out well. i don't pin much that i have found myself - but i check in occasionally to see what recipes others post. I don't really read all of these different cooking blogs, so it's a nice way to get some new ideas.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_judging-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:c6041442-d0e8-4109-a054-8937b0262298Post:8945c05b-4a44-4155-841d-700dbe03ec05">Re: judging + confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sorry Min.  Have you tried any testing on your forearms? Also, are you eating at regular intervals? 
    Posted by 6fsn[/QUOTE]

Not yet. And no.....my eating has just been terrible. I go go go all day and don't think about it and end up getting out of bed at night to eat like at midnight.

I am going to get some of those glucerna products to stash in my desk. I know I haven't really been doing what I am supposed to, but my GP said he doesn't think I am diabetic based on my numbers (he didn't see these ones the past few days that have me crapping my pants).....but now I am sufficently scared enough to go to see a endo.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    Every last one of my fasting numbers has been high.  The doc thinks my levels might be dropping over night and my body is pumping the insulin to make up for it.  Once I start eating it levels out over the day.  Eating regularly will probably have a big impact. 
  • I am sure you are right....when it went below 80 for the first time, I got scared. What I had going for me was that it never got low. Last night, BAM - 72.

Then I googled '70 range glucose' and it was all EAT NOW OR CALL AN AMBULANCE.
  • I love Pinterest.  But I'm a very visual person.  So, I could look at the lists of my bookmarks and not have a clue which one it was I really wanted to look at since half the time teh title of a post isn't the danged recipe/thing I want.  This is a great way for me to be able to say, Ah yes, I wanted to make X and there it is!  I also have a board called, Pins I've Actually Used.  I don't tend to "repin" much and if I do I try to find the orginal source.  Holy god Blizzes is crazy on it!!!!3

The only reason anonymous posts interest anyone is b/c we're all too goody two shoes to jump on people's butts about stupid schit and then, if someone does, everyone jumps all over that person for being mean or not understanding or YOU DON'T KNOW THEM.  Also, SSDD.  We all have the same stupid schit anymore and everyone pretty much knows everyone's opinion on it, so why f'in bother.

You couldn't get me to buy a house ever again.  If I could go talk to myself in 2004/5, whever it was I bought this life sucking building, I'd tell myself to go get a fab loft downtown and not have house responsibilities.  Houses suck.

CW is back at work.  She is active on Twitter and Youtube though.
  • edited July 2012
    I thought the point of having a party is pretty serving dishes and centerpieces.

Min, take time for a good lunch. K   I hope your numbers get under control soon.
  • WzzWzz member
    edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_judging-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:c6041442-d0e8-4109-a054-8937b0262298Post:ec355397-8cde-4d2d-a542-63a9638ffd67">Re: judging + confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love Pinterest.  But I'm a very visual person.  So, I could look at the lists of my bookmarks and not have a clue which one it was I really wanted to look at since half the time teh title of a post isn't the danged recipe/thing I want.  This is a great way for me to be able to say, Ah yes, I wanted to make X and there it is!  I also have a board called, Pins I've Actually Used.  I don't tend to "repin" much and if I do I try to find the orginal source.  Holy god Blizzes is crazy on it!!!!3 <strong>The only reason anonymous posts interest anyone is b/c we're all too goody two shoes to jump on people's butts about stupid schit and then, if someone does, everyone jumps all over that person for being mean or not understanding or YOU DON'T KNOW THEM.</strong>  Also, SSDD.  We all have the same stupid schit anymore and everyone pretty much knows everyone's opinion on it, so why f'in bother. You couldn't get me to buy a house ever again.  If I could go talk to myself in 2004/5, whever it was I bought this life sucking building, I'd tell myself to go get a fab loft downtown and not have house responsibilities.  Houses suck. CW is back at work.  She is active on Twitter and Youtube though.
    Posted by VarunaTT[/QUOTE]

i think there are people who want to confess stuff, but then there are others who abuse the private information they have access to.

i prefer to know who is saying what, really. the anonymous posts just make me think it's all a lie.
  • I'm not gone! You know I could never truly leave you. I did, however, forget the email and password that I signed up with, even though I've been using it for SIX years. I blame the fact that I'm getting old.

I miss my old screenname already. And I really wish you guys would make the switch to the nest proboards. I like it so very much better.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards