North Carolina-Outer Banks

Wedding over.....can I do it all over again? Reviews

HI!  

We just got back from an amazing wedding week that was topped off with the most amazing wedding and reception at the Hilton Garden Inn Pier House. 
I can not say enough good things about the location, venue, food and more importantly the staff there.  In fact all our vendors were amazing!!!  

Cake-We used Patti Cakes and everyone raved about not just the look but the taste of our cakes.  I did the traditional cake and also a surprise grooms cake shaped like a Makers Mark bottle!  It was a huge hit! My husband even wants me to try and order another cake for just us to have :-) 

Flowers and decorations- we did all our own centerpieces with the help of the staff at the HGI who helped put out our table linens, chair sashes and centerpieces.  We also had the Embellishers do all of our hanging parasols and balls.  They really made my vision come to life.  They also did the flags in the backdrop of our ceremony and I LOVED IT!!!  They did my bouquet and the mom's prissy bouts.  The girls carried parasols instead of flowers. The Embellishers were AWESOME! 

Photographer- we used Amy Prikazsky from Charleston, she is a friend of a bridesmaid and we can't wait to get the pictures back

Ceremony Music-we had Phil Watson play acoustical guitar and sing and he also played during our cocktail hour...I was determined to make it but like everyone says we were not able to, but I heard he was great!  

Reverend- We used Jay Bowman and I can not say enough great things about him!  He did a great job and there was not a dry eye in the crowd. 

DJ-Robert "Styx" McKay friend from Charlotte,  he had us dancing all night and even did the rehearsal which again had us dancing all night!

Rehearsal Dinner- we rented the Souther Shores Boat Club Pavilion and High Cotton did the catering.....again everything was perfect!  

If anyone has any questions please let me know.  

I really wish i could go do it all over again!  Congrats to everyone else getting married out there it was truly the greatest week of my life!

Re: Wedding over.....can I do it all over again? Reviews

• sarahebrownsarahebrown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats Mrs!
    Sounds like everything was perfect :)

I was thinking of using High Cotton for our rehearsal dinner so I'm glad your guests liked it.

Also LOVE the idea of using parasols- how cute!
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • stefrulisstefrulis member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  Everyone loved the BBQ....I used the delivery and set up option and hired someone to stay and help keep everything fresh, we did the clean up.  Worked perfect!

I knew I would forget someone.  Amber and Jennifer from Bombshells along my my hairstylist from home did our hair and makeup and they did an awesome job!  Again, can not praise everyone enough!  I posted some pictures from friends and family on my bio but will add more when I get them back from the photographer.  
  • jkramasjkramas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The pics look fantastic!  I love everything you did.  Congrats on everything, wishing you a great happy marriage!
  • edited December 2011
    Oh my god I love the bobble heads!!! Are thoes bobble heads of your dogs too?? What a fun idea. We have three dogs. Where did you get that done?
  • stefrulisstefrulis member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Enichole...we had the bobbleheads custom made through rockbobblehead.com and they were great...sent over several drafts before we got the final version and the dog ones we just googled and were lucky enough to find that looked like our pups.  I do know so of the websites will do ones with the dogs and it is just a custom creation.  We loved them and they make great wedding souvenirs.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards