North Carolina

Ceremony Music...harp? bagpipe???

My fiance loves the harp, so I thought about using a harpist for our ceremony music.  When I came to him with the idea, he said he loves the harp, but he wants the big "wedding march" music with all the instruments.  He was afraid the harp would be too light for such a grand entrance.

Then I found a bagpiper at a bridal show.  When he played for me outside it was amazing!  He told me that bagpipes and harps are both celtic and go together.  And by the way, our ceremony is outside.  When I brought this idea to my fiance, he said "aren't bagpipes for funerals?"  haha

So I'm trying to figure out what to do???  I love the idea of live musicians rather than the dj playing the wedding march.  Help!!!! 

Re: Ceremony Music...harp? bagpipe???

• I was recently in an ourdoor wedding and they had a harp play--it was beautiful!  Definitely not "grand," it is much more etherial and angelic.  I don't know how "bridal" a bagpipe would be, but if you like it it doesn't matter. 

Have you considered trumpets or a string quartet?  The more musicians you have ovbously, the more costly, I don't know what your budget is.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • I'm open to anything to begin with.  I'm not good with knowing what instruments sound like what.  My fiance loves the "traditional" wedding march music, but I'm not sure what instruments are the mains ones in that.  I like the idea of live music though.  
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I love a bagpipe, but not at a wedding, I don't know why.

Check out www.elegantensembles-ws.com, we had their string quartet play at our reception and they were awesome.  They've got music examples on the website you can listen to. 
  • Wow, they are wonderful!!!! Thank you!  I just sent them an email.  ;-) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards