Michigan-Detroit

Black Lace Linens

I want to take my wedding in a slightly gothic direction. I want to use ivory table linen with a black lace overlay. I'd prefer pieces large enough to cover the 60" tables, but would be willing to look at just pieces for the top.

I can't seem to find anyone anywhere that has linen like this. Any ideas??

Re: Black Lace Linens

• Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just do some googling,for budget fabrics, then order something. I sew, and google tons of stuff for fabrics. Most places will send you a swatch.

Not sure how many people you are having, or how many tables you need this for. Lace doesn't have to be hemmed. However, most fabrics are 60 inches wide at the widest part, which would make them the same width as your round tables. you could do table runners, or cross runners over the white linen.

Good luck.
  • sunkissed212sunkissed212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I cant' help with recs, but your idea sounds really cool. If you get it figured out you'll have to post pics, I'm intrigued.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    TTC #1 since 8/2010...2 years, 6 IUI's and 1 m/c later...
    08/2012 IVF #1, 2 5-day blasts transferred 8/19 = BFP! Beta 1 (8/28)=241, Beta 2 (8/30)=457, Beta 3 (9/5)=3,813, u/s 9/13=Twins!, u/s 9/21=Surprise...there's one more! TRIPLETS!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I can't give you any suggestions either on a vendor. But try Haberman Fabrics in Royal Oak. That totally sounds like something you can DIY. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I just ordered some linens from Chair Covers & Linens in Madison Heights.  I had no idea this little gem was right in our neighborhood.  They ship all over the country but their warehouse is here and they have a showroom with literally hunderds of options.  You could call first to see if they have anything like what you're looking for and if they do you can go down there and see it in person.  I had a great experience there - they have table rounds in their showroom and made all kinds of tablescapes for me until I found one I liked.

Anyway, 800-260-1030 or www.linenhero.com
  • Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kristen, thanks for the info on this! I'm clicking around their website, but would love to go there in person to see what's available. I used to live in Madison Hts, and never knew this place existed!

Thanks !
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards