Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Keratosis Pilaris

Does anyone else struggle with KP? I've had it (only on my upper arms) since I was about 13, and I am 26 now. I've gotten used to it, but it still makes me a little bit self-conscious. I've tried AmLactin, and the DermaDoctor KP Duty line (which hasn't really helped IMO). I haven't seen a dermatologist about it because I am not too sure they could do much for me- last time I asked my doctor about it, he said that its something I have to live with. I really hope he didn't know what he was talking about. Frown
I don't want to have to worry about it showing in my pics, etc., since I have a strapless gown. Any ideas??

Re: Keratosis Pilaris

• I struggle with it on one of my arms on the upper part.  Sometimes it looks worse than other times.  I am not much help though sorry :-(  I don't know how to get rid of it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• I use the DermaDoctor one, it is thick but it works. I also notice that having a tan makes it less noticable. I hate having it!!
  • A few things that may help- daily ex-foliating with a loofa. The prescription cream Tazorac has been shown to help but be careful as it will make that skin sensitive to the sun as well. Have you thought of having you MUA airbrush the area? 
  • yes i think tanning and then having it airbursh will not be noticed in the pictures and in person one of mybridesmaids has the same problem and thats what we are doing hope this helps
    save the date planning My Bio updated 05/22/11 image 184 Invited
    image129 are ready to party! image 39 missing out image 16 are driving me crazy
    RSVP Date: May 14, Wedding: June 18
  • hydrocorizone cream is helping mine a bit ... i'm also scrubbing with a loofa every day.  its still there but its not as bad.
  • So this is the thing where you get red bumps on your upper arms and/or legs right? I ahve this. It used to be really bad... not so much anymore. Not sure if it got better as I aged (mid-20's) or if it got better because I moved to Arizona from a colder climate. I think the sun does wonders. Back in the day when I had it really bad, i used exfoliating body scrub - like any of the kinds that have little beads or sand-like product in it. I would massage my legs with it. Seemed to really help. Definitely use lotion. The dermatologists recommend Eucerin....

for the day of though.... during the sister's wedding, I was really paranoid about the red bumps on my legs as I was wearing a tea-length dress. One of the other bridesmaids bought this spray on "makeup" for legs, which I guess is to replace pantyhose or whatever. I do not know what this stuff was actually... but I googled it and found this

http://www.sallyhansen.com/product.cfm?product=149

Anyhow, it worked awesome. My legs looked fantastic! Try to look for some of these products and try them out before the big day. I think it would look fine on arms too, but I guess you'd have to try it to actually know.
  • may help you
    Please check out the site...some of it wedding dresses related.

http://www.unique-weddingdresses.us/
  • I'm glad I'm not the only one stressing about this! I used to religiously use the KP duty scrub and lotion, with EXCELLENT results, but it's pricey, so I stopped using it.  I recently began using both again, and that combined with some summer sun, has really helped diminish it. I'm not sure anything will ever make it go away completely for me, so I'm just going to smile big and remember that I'm marrying the man I love--hopefully my happy glow will overshadow my "chicken skin"! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am using Amlactin and also a new Aveeno scrubbing body wash.  It is called Positively Nourishing Smoothing body wash.  It has rice and walnut granules in it and I find it helps to exfoliate the areas (for me on my upper arms).  I am using it every other day to start out with.  So far the two seem to be working well together.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards