Massachusetts-Boston

Venue- Leominster Lodge of Elks

This is the venue I used for my wedding reception. I want to let all brides to be know NOT to use this place. I had such a bad experience with this place that I DO NOT recommend it to anyone.

First, when my husband helped his sister bring the cake to the hall the day before the reception to store it in the fridge, the hall manager told her he would be there the day of at 6 am so she could finish the cake before her hair appt. I thought this was great bc I could also drop off all the reception stuff before my hair appt. Well...I didnt get to the hall that morning til 615 am and the hall manager wasnt there. My SIL was there at 630 and he still wasnt there. She had to leave so she could get her hair done. That evening when she saw the hall manager at the reception she confronted him and he told her he didnt bother getting there early bc he knew she wouldnt show. WTF

Also, the day before the reception, my husband and I met with the hall manager to go over the final details. He told me that all I had to do was drop off the favor/centerpieces and the caterers would set it up for me. My sister was the one to collect our overnight bags from the hotel. When I found out that he stood us up, I asked my sister if she could drop off the reception stuff before going to the church. When she went to drop the stuff off, the caterers were not aware they had to set up the favors/centerpieces. So my sister and two nephews did the setting up and missed me walking down the aisle.

So my advice...DO NOT use Leominster Elks and go with a venue that has a better reputation. We only went with this because it was cheap. Now I truly know cheap isnt always better.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Venue- Leominster Lodge of Elks

• edited December 2011
    I actually had a great experience with the Elks. The manager was actually really accommodating - I switched the location of the ceremony from the gazebo to the reception hall the week of the wedding. They had a 200 person high school reunion until midnight, the night before, but everything was set up perfectly for us when the early birds arrived (and that place was decked out the night before). We had to have a bunch of chairs on the dance floor, and I had ordered cocktail tables as well. By the time I was finished with pictures, the floor was cleared for dancing!

Because they were using the reception area for another event the night before, Brent was nice enough to let us use the downstairs for our rehearsal. He also let me store all of my centerpieces, favors, and programs down there.

As for the caterers, we used McNally's and they were fantastic! Top notch service. They put everything on the tables, lit candles, etc. with no problem. But I did ask them beforehand. Most caterers are used to doing this, you just have to ask.

The place/atmosphere/staff were everything we wanted. It was a medium sized wedding - a little over 100 and I thought everything was perfect!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards