Snarky Brides

...She's nuts, right?

I just got a text from my uncle (he lives in Cali, he's my mom's half-brother).  I asked him to be the Emcee at our wedding reception, and he's really excited about it.  Apparently - my mother told him he needs to wear a tux.  He was asking me if this was something I wanted and what our colors are.

What?!

Don't you think that would look weird?  The bridal party guys, ushers and dads are wearing tuxes.  And I know he's Emcee, but really - he'll just look like some random guy at the ceremony wearing a tux. 

I told him to wear a nice suit and he'd be fine.

*three more weeks til it's all over*

So uh, what's everyone up to tonight?
panther

Re: ...She's nuts, right?

• Yeah, I think that would be weird too.

I am pretty I have no plans tonight. I'm awesome.
  • I'm baking a cake right now, and I'm pretty sure it's actually your fault.  I've been craving cake since I read your cake thread.  :)
  • This being hungover thing has pretty much consumed my day. I see pizza in my immediate future though. And scary movies.

• People get strange about weddings. My dad, who hasn't willingly worn a tie since he left the Secret Service, before I was born, has decided that he wants to wear a tux. I am flabbergasted. I told him not to, because he won't be comfortable, but he is insisting. My Godfather will be in a suit, their other brother will probably be in his best jeans with suspenders. What a motley crew!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • anna.oskaranna.oskar member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited October 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shes-nuts-right?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5745e63d-e6f2-433a-85f1-9d8fec7f1d7fPost:427c0934-db49-4694-ac42-4d6edeaaec8a">...She's nuts, right?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just got a text from my uncle (he lives in Cali, he's my mom's half-brother).  I asked him to be the Emcee at our wedding reception, and he's really excited about it.  Apparently - my mother told him he needs to wear a tux.  He was asking me if this was something I wanted and what our colors are. What?! Don't you think that would look weird?  The bridal party guys, ushers and dads are wearing tuxes.  And I know he's Emcee, but really - he'll just look like some random guy at the ceremony wearing a tux.  I told him to wear a nice suit and he'd be fine. *three more weeks til it's all over* So uh, what's everyone up to tonight?
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

Sorry.  My fault.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shes-nuts-right?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5745e63d-e6f2-433a-85f1-9d8fec7f1d7fPost:ead5ada2-f131-4eff-b768-ee4a9e90390a">Re:...She's nuts, right?</a>:
    [QUOTE]This being hungover thing has pretty much consumed my day. I see pizza in my immediate future though. And scary movies.
    Posted by jasmineh7777[/QUOTE]

I woke up slightly hungover and had left over pizza for breakfast. Thankfully it did help.
  • I'm getting ready for my bach party!! I am sooo excited! I am being picked up @ 7:30 but I have no idea where we are going. If they try to put a blindfold on me, I will puke! LOL!!
    And the whole time, my future husband was in the room...... image image
  • ANNA I KNEW IT.

Enjoy your cake, goutesh :) What kind?

I still have an entire funfetti cake in my fridge from last night, lol.
    panther
  • Oh, and we are going downtown tonight. I will be Columbia from RHPS. FI will be himself. I think he just wants to go because I'll be wearing a bustier. Ha! There will be glitter everywhere since I had to affix it to my hat and bow tie with Elmers glue. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Pizza is always a good idea. We got up too late to have the standard hung-over breakfest of McDonalds.

• Oh fun, Court :) You will have a total blast.

Ben and I are dressing up and going out with some friends tonight - he's a 1920s gangster and I'm going to be a flapper :) I'm really excited about my wig.  I'm wearing my wig cap already.  Basically, a nylon stocking, but for your head.  It rules.
    panther
  • AATB- Listen carefully. This is very important.
      Bring me the cake. Now.
    Kthanks.
  • Jas - pizza is excellent hangover food.  I approve :)
    panther
  • McDonald's breakfast really is the best cure.
  • I will try smushing the cake through the screen again.................. fail.

Taco John's is usually my hangover go-to :)
    panther
  • I wish we had that Willy Wonka chocalate zapper. Then the cake would be tiny, but at least it'd be here.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shes-nuts-right?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5745e63d-e6f2-433a-85f1-9d8fec7f1d7fPost:6611ed1e-84d1-4a21-9bb9-350596af8385">Re:...She's nuts, right?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Taco John's is usually my hangover go-to :)

oles cure everything that cake can't
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shes-nuts-right?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5745e63d-e6f2-433a-85f1-9d8fec7f1d7fPost:f44f2759-8e7b-4272-9d71-514bb4fc3e55">Re:...She's nuts, right?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:...She's nuts, right? : oles cure everything that cake can't
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

Now I want super potato oles.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shes-nuts-right?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5745e63d-e6f2-433a-85f1-9d8fec7f1d7fPost:f44f2759-8e7b-4272-9d71-514bb4fc3e55">Re:...She's nuts, right?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:...She's nuts, right? : oles cure everything that cake can't
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

Damn straight :)
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shes-nuts-right?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5745e63d-e6f2-433a-85f1-9d8fec7f1d7fPost:6611ed1e-84d1-4a21-9bb9-350596af8385">Re:...She's nuts, right?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I will try smushing the cake through the screen again.................. fail. Taco John's is usually my hangover go-to :)

<div>It's ok <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz3Bj5rqFDY">he (<click)</a> will clean it off for you!</div><div>
    </div><div>Hi!  FI is at his bach party today/tonight so the pup and I are chilling here.  I"m about to crack open a bottle of wine and start folding the programs.</div><div>
    </div><div>Also, I am watching Jersey Shore for the first time. w....t....f...</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • Our GMs wore tuxes, but our dads wore suits! I was like, "Uh, you guys can wear what you want." But we had to tell FIL that we preferred that he wear a jacket and tie. 
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards