New York-Upstate

Syracuse area photo-journalist style photog?

Hey everyone! Did/will anyone be using a photojournalist for their wedding? Any suggestions/people to avoid? I'm remote so I want to travel in to meet everyone...and I need to use my time wisely...TIA!!!!

Re: Syracuse area photo-journalist style photog?

• edited December 2011
    I am using Dan Paniccia from Photo Emphasis. www.photoemphasis.net He is great!!! He did my e-pics and b-pics (check out my bio) He is extremely easy to work with, has great turn around time, and is reasonably priced. He listens to what YOU want and aims to please. He is based out of Rochester but I know he does cover the Syracuse area. Good luck Smile
  • edited December 2011
    I'd recommend Chris Johnson.  He has a mixed approach so you get all of the posed shots you want, plus all of the candid an photojournalistic photos too.  HIs website is http://staticmoments.com/
  • edited December 2011
    Crystal Herry w/ ultimate images by Crystal. Amazing!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
  • lisainthecuselisainthecuse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also heard great things about Crystal but she is booked for my date.  I also love Kelly Stremmel's work, but she was also booked for my date (http://kellystremmelblog.typepad.com/).  After I found out they were booked I came back here and someone had recommended Meghan Thomas, who I booked with. meghanthomasphotography.com 
    I am really excited about working with her.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks SOOOO much for your responses! I'm looking into all of them...and am already emailing with Crystal Herry. Anyone use fotoimpressions? Thanks again  y'all are great :D
  • edited December 2011
    Lisa, I am glad you could find someone that you love! I checked out the site and looks great!!

Angle- I hope things work out with Crystal! If you book her, you will basically get a day-of coordinator as well. She was awesome, and the pictures are incredible!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
  • edited December 2011
    third crystal and her assistant Stacy--both are amazing.  good luck!
  • PeanutsCLPeanutsCL member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I vote again for Crystal! Her photographs are beautiful and she's very professional and "on top of it"!
  • barrcuda7barrcuda7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am using James Bass (jbassphoto.com) He is a really awesome guy, and I couldn't be more excited to use him. I loved him so much, he is the only thing that I blew my budget on (so far. . .). So worth looking into!!!

Good Luck!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards