Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

wedding favors?

Well, my wedding is in October of 2011 so I have some time but just want to bounce some ideas around for wedding favors as i am stumped... my wedding is at a ski village and my colors are brown, orange, and red. The fall tones of those colors. My center pieces arent fully decided upon yet either but i just dont know what to do for favors. I want something original!!! Got any ideas???

Re: wedding favors?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think little treats always go over well, because no one dislikes a few candies, at least in my experience. I'm not a huge fan of random trinkets because when I go to a wedding, I don't really feel like I'd ever use that little 'favor' thing. However, that's just my personal preference. I am pretty sure we are doing a donation to ASPCA (we are big animal lovers) in lieu of favors, and putting cards at the table informing the guests of the donation made for them. I saw this at a friend's wedding and I thought it was really great because I'd much rather the money be spent toward a worthwhile cause instead of a bunch of random favors. Again, personal preference but something to think about!
  • Options
    K10ByrdK10Byrd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've gotten a mixed CD of the couple's fav. songs before and thought that was really sweet. I think something useful is the best bet, something that reflects on your hobbies together, or interests. I don't think anyone really cares about a bag of candies with initials on it.

I personally, was thinking this would be an easy way to save $$, we are on a budget, but I still want the wedding to feel upscale and classy. I wonder if anyone would miss the favors...
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Sounds like we have the same wedding!  = ) We're getting married September 2011, also with a fall theme.  We have fall colors with the BM in chocolate brown  & our reception is at a ski chalelt.  = )

We'll be doing bags of a candy corn & peanut mixture.  This is my favorite "fall" snack & it will be really easy for us to do.  Not sure yet if the bags will have a leaf design on them or just be clear.  And then I'm hoping to make/find some kind of a leaf tag that we can put on it also.  

Hope that helps!  Good luck!     

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing cookies, in the shape of a bone, from our furbaby :) pic in profile of the card I made...I like edible favors!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the ideas. They all sound great and will help. I especially like the candy corn idea to go with my fall theme!!!!!   Keep the ideas comin!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Sarahsue1684Sarahsue1684 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going with a candy buffet so if people want a favor they can take one and if not they dont have to! That way we are not stuck with a unch of favors if people sont want them. I do like the candy corn and peanuts idea for the fall weddngs very clever!
  • Options
    Sarahsue1684Sarahsue1684 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MikeNAndi...for leaf tags you could go to archivers they have punchouts in the back of the sotre you can use for free and all you need is to but your own paper. Also Joanns and Michaels or Archivers also has hand punches that you can buy as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm making pairs of truffles that I'll box up for everyone, which was a pretty obvious choice because I can make them in mass quantities pretty easily.  300 of them might take me half a weekend.  I still need to order boxes for them, but I figure any unused or extra boxes can be used the next time I have a sale.  If you want to do chocolates, it's pretty easy to incorporate fall flavors.  I make a mixed spice truffle that goes over pretty well, and it's pretty easy to make your own flavors or find recipes.  Besides those, we're having a candy buffet.  It might be sugar overkill, but I don't care.  Sugar is my passion, and I've never heard of having too much candy.

If you want to stay edible, you could make spice cookies, cookies shaped like pumpkins or leaves, carmel apples, maple candy, jars of maple syrup, or tons of other stuff.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_wedding-favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:f82cd9a7-f7a1-4db0-a039-7d721bf0ab79Post:1a3bd3c1-7d48-4da0-b66a-e4567756447b">Re: wedding favors?</a>:
    [QUOTE]MikeNAndi...for leaf tags you could go to archivers they have punchouts in the back of the sotre you can use for free and all you need is to but your own paper. Also Joanns and Michaels or Archivers also has hand punches that you can buy as well.
    Posted by Sarahsue1684[/QUOTE]

Good to know!!  Thanks for the heads up, I will be looking into that for sure!  = )
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out the favors board.  They have lots of post on ideas too.  In general, most people on the boards are not fans of charitable donations in place of actual favors.  Many people feel if they wanted to give to x charity they would and many times, the charity a couple chooses is something that another individual person does not support.  Plus it really is not a thank you for going to the wedding.

Many ladies agree that doing edible favors are a great option.  You can do simple baggie with some kisses in it or go all out and do a homemade jam.  You can also cut out very cute boxes at achievers that can be used to put candy in. 

Whatever you do, if you do a inedible gift, please do not engrave your name or date on it.  No one wants that kind of stuff sitting around and many people just leave them at the weddings anyways = waste of money!

If you really want to save money, skip the favor. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards