April 2012 Weddings

Has it really been a month?

Happy one month to all the April 14 brides out there!!! I cannot believe it has already been a month since I married my best friend!!! Things have been wonderful....I hope it has been the same for all of you lovely ladies!!!
April 2012 May Siggy Challenge! Favorite Gift kitchenaid May siggy Anniversary

Re: Has it really been a month?

• We were just talking about that...a month next week!  :)  Things have been great - this weekend we went and looked at homes.  I think we're going to build. 

We fought about what we like/don't like this weekend...but finally decided on this one!
    http://saintaubynhomes.com/images/FloorPlans/PDF/Jackson%20Flier-2396_07.12.2010.pdf
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • rlavachrlavach member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    It is so crazy. I'm starting to wonder now how long I can say 'we just got married'? I think I'll keep it going until at least 6 months :D

It's been a huge adjustment for us since we weren't living together before & now I'm getting back into my business. We have very diffirent work ethics, so that can also cause tiffs. It hasn't been easy, but we're working to make it better.
  • I understand what you mean Rlavach when you say that it is a huge ajustment.  My hubby and I have not lived together before, so I'm still moving in.  He does things differently, etc when it comes to household duties and he tends to want things done his way, but that is really insignificant in the big scheme of things. 

He is the same man I married, hasn't changed, I am just learning more and more about him and I'm sure he is learning a lot more about me. ;-) 

We are also looking for the best home for us to purchase and we have an offer in, we are praying that we get this one so we will have some more space.

I am happy to be a Mrs... and other than adjusting to changes, it seems very easy and I grow more in love with him each day.
    :-)
    Anniversary
  • rlavachrlavach member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_has-it-really-been-a-month?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:e6e9cbab-2ff3-4626-82a5-1e4c4c1e70eePost:fa8628bc-edc1-46d8-b929-840d07fa8450">Re: Has it really been a month?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I understand what you mean Rlavach when you say that it is a huge ajustment.  <strong>My hubby and I have not lived together before, so I'm still moving in.</strong>  He does things differently, etc when it comes to household duties and he tends to want things done his way, but that is really insignificant in the big scheme of things.  He is the same man I married, hasn't changed, I am just learning more and more about him and I'm sure he is learning a lot more about me. ;-)  We are also looking for the best home for us to purchase and we have an offer in, we are praying that we get this one so we will have some more space. I am happy to be a Mrs... and other than adjusting to changes, it seems very easy and I grow more in love with him each day. :-)
    Posted by kipperblue68[/QUOTE]
    I'm still moving in too. Every weekend we stop at my parents to take another trunkful of stuff. He thinks it's never going to end! Having our own place is a lot of work with all of the cooking & cleaning & caring for our 3 cats. It's a big lifestyle adjustment for me since I came from living home & not doing any of those things. It's also an adjustment for him since he's used to living alone & doing things whenever he feels like it, rather than when they're due (i.e. taking out the trash). It's a work in progress, but we're getting there.
  • We have just started the home search too!!! We are think of building but not sure yet.  Hubby wants to have at least a few acres.  So we will see if we just buy some land and then build or if we can find a place.  So many decisions to make.  Love the plans you posted!!!

We lived together for about 6 months before the wedding, so I completly understand the adjustment.  I think we are still adjusting some days.  It is so hard for us because we only have 1 bedroom.  I love my hubby more than anything but there are times when you just need you time and have no where to go but the walk in closet!!! :)
    April 2012 May Siggy Challenge! Favorite Gift kitchenaid May siggy Anniversary
  • I can't believe it's already been a month! I keep looking at all of my wedding pics over and over...hehe. I also wasn't living with hubby before we got married, although we bought a house back in December - he moved in and I stayed at my mom's. I'm *almost* done moving all of my stuff over to the new house, but I tend to procrastinate. ;) Now that the wedding is over and I have more free time, I'm really looking forward to doing things around the house, and making it feel more like "home".
    Anniversary
  • rlavachrlavach member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_has-it-really-been-a-month?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:e6e9cbab-2ff3-4626-82a5-1e4c4c1e70eePost:31da2a14-0d93-4d96-a1c6-0b78982574d9">Re: Has it really been a month?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We were just talking about that...a month next week!  :)  Things have been great - this weekend we went and looked at homes.  I think we're going to build.  We fought about what we like/don't like this weekend...but finally decided on this one! <a href="http://saintaubynhomes.com/images/FloorPlans/PDF/Jackson%20Flier-2396_07.12.2010.pdf" rel="nofollow">http://saintaubynhomes.com/images/FloorPlans/PDF/Jackson%20Flier-2396_07.12.2010.pdf</a>
    Posted by chickenbut143[/QUOTE]
    WHOA, I just looked at that home plan & it's amazing! A home that large would be millions in NNJ. Oh, I can only hope to one day be able to live in a home like that. Enjoy it! 
  • I know its so crazy its been a month. I remember getting more nervous when i saw 7 days, 5 days, 3 days UNTIL--- the Knot wedding countdown and now its weird to see 25 days SINCE your wedding.
    Photobucket
  • Doesn't seem like a month!

This Saturday...4 weeks afer getting married... H and I will have been in the same state  as a married couple for a grand total of 18 hours! wooo! ;-)

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2012-weddings_has-it-really-been-a-month?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:05427f07-4ba2-44d6-9271-99a7af1ee5c0Discussion:e6e9cbab-2ff3-4626-82a5-1e4c4c1e70eePost:d5f73c7c-d61f-40a7-b782-8ceb08fd7e1b">Re: Has it really been a month?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Doesn't seem like a month! This Saturday...4 weeks afer getting married... H and I will have been in the same state  as a married couple for a grand total of 18 hours! wooo! ;-)
    Posted by AmandaSC1988[/QUOTE]

hehehe
    Jamie 9/1/2013 BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards