Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Say Anything Wednesday

So freaking excited I had to share.  We just booked our honeymoon.  We still need to get our airline tickets but the dates and location are booked. 

Guten Tag (Hello) Austria!!!! We're flying into Salsburg and our resort is about 30 miles south.  We'll probably do some day trips to Vienna or Munich too.

Sooooo excited.  If you've been and have any recs please pass them on!!!

Re: Say Anything Wednesday

• edited December 2011
    How exciting!!!!! Congrats (Gluckwunsch)!

I can't wait to see my bridals...I have been stalking my photographers blog for a week!!! He said give him 2 weeks but still stalking just in case.... I hope, I hope, I hope...Laughing

Vent time: Ok......do people know that the bride is not to be planning a bridal shower for herself?!?!?!?! I am trying my absolute best to stay out of it but I keep getting asked questions - invitees, RSVPs, menu ideas, favor ideas, on and on and on!! It's really starting to bother me - I appreciate everything she (my mothers friend) is doing and that she wants my input but - on EVERYTHING?!? really...I'm done!
  • DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How exciting! 
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    That sounds like one awesome honeymoon!
  • amberproamberpro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I want to go to Austria- very jealous ;)

I am so bored that I have redefined the term.
    photo images_zps41edd072.jpg

Carter born 5/28/11
    BFP 9/27/12 EDD 6/11/13, MC 9wks, no HB

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Woo hoo Brandi, that sounds great!

The grad party I am throwing for my friend is this Sunday and I am beyond stressed about it.  It has been more stressful than planning my wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    Austria is amazing - congrats on planning an unforgettable honeymoon!

I ate at Dimples Cupcakes over the weekend. It puts Society Bakery and Sprinkles to shame!!! :)
  • edited December 2011
    tried a class at 24 hour fitness yesterday (athletic training) and i made it the whole class!!! though i'm getting over food poisioning and almost threw up in the class.... it was good!
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know when you are going but I had a coworker go to Austria for two weeks during Christmas break and she was ready to shop but everything was closed. 

Dimples Cupcakes has been added to my list of places to check out!

• edited December 2011

Sometimes I get so angry at the things my mom does, I think I could easily tell her, "Hey, please don't communicate with me until you get your sh** straight and get help"...but that maybe a little harsh.  I truly do feel that way though...My dad was in town this past weekend and we all went out to lunch and I can't remember the last time there was such a relaxed atmosphere with our family and it was because  my  mom wasn't there.  Pretty depressing.

• edited December 2011
    Mariah, there is nothing wrong with taking a little break.
  • stephl3055stephl3055 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hate summer.  My hair looks like crap and I feel gross just walking around outside.  And it's not even July or August yet. 

I agree with Shortgirl, Mariah.  If your mom is making you miserable, there is nothing wrong with you taking some time to yourself without her.  You'll be happier that way and if/when she gets it together, then you can start talking to her again.  Yes she's your mother and you will always love her, but sometimes family members don't always get along. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    There is a dimples right near where I work....I have to avoid it!  They are very good though!  Just a little pricey!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• edited December 2011

I will agree Dimples is pricey. $4 for any cupcake, however they're pretty big. And delicious.

Mariah - you don't have to be your mom's BFF. I'm sorry you're going through this, but keep her at arms length; I wouldn't recommend taking a break from her necessarily. I feel like I'm going through something similar with my Dad; our relationship will never be the same after my Mom died. Good luck.

• edited December 2011
    Steph, I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels yucky during Texas summers. The minute I step outside in the morning, I feel like I need to go back in and take another shower. Dern humidity!

I just found out, via FB pictures, that my unlce is engaged. He's in the Air Force and lives in Vegas so that could be why no one knew yet. Plus, he just proposed last night. He's been married twice before and he's only 29. First wife was a cheating wh*re and left him after 7 years of marriage while he was away in Korea for a year stay. His second wife was rebound from the first and only lasted a few months. I hope and pray this is THE one for him. I'll never say it to his face, but he so reminds me of Ross on Friends Tongue out
  • bethlovesjimbethlovesjim member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mariah,  I feel the same way about my mother, OFTEN. Recently with the planning of our engagement party. I would rather not have any party, then deal with her planning it.  I've taken a break, and its created tension when I do see her (like on mothers day)... I don't have any solutions, but I cant completely empathize.

Today my final paper of the semester is due, and I cant motivate myself to complete it. I'm SOOO not interested in campaign finance right now.   I would much rather hang out at the pool!  I love the summer, and the heat. I don't like the humidity though.

Steph, I feel you! I think its the humidity... YUCK! 
    first camping trip engagement
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks you guys for all the advice and sweet words.  You are all so sweet and awesome!

I am so jealous about the trip to Austria!  How amazing! 

And now all I can think about is cupcakes...I may have to get some next week as appreciation for the people who cover for me while I'm out tomorrow and Friday.

I AM going to Starbucks today to get a half price frappuchino!  :) 
  • Jay+MarissaJay+Marissa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_say-anything-wednesday-35?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:d77bb91b-e54b-4011-a672-9d9dcf010ec8Post:a275045e-b8d8-49b7-89b3-6f0672a16158">Say Anything Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]So freaking excited I had to share.  We just booked our honeymoon.  We still need to get our airline tickets but the dates and location are booked.  Guten Tag (Hello) Austria!!!! We're flying into Salsburg and our resort is about 30 miles south.  We'll probably do some day trips to Vienna or Munich too. Sooooo excited.  If you've been and have any recs please pass them on!!!
    Posted by balfour00[/QUOTE]

Take a day trip to Neuschwanstein. You WILL NOT be disappointed--it is my absolute favorite place in the world!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and what is this dimples cupcakes????
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just checked out their website--$45 for a 6 inch cake--are you freaking kidding me???
  • edited December 2011
    Mmm cupcakes.
  • edited December 2011
    Dimples cupcakes are really good,  but I like the frosting at the Cupcakery better.
    image 208 Invited
    image 107 Are ready to party!
    image 102 Will be missing out
    image 0 Are MIA (RSVPs due 9.10)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • stephl3055stephl3055 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I didn't realize there was a Dimples like 5 miles from my house, and that banana pudding sounds awesome.  And I think there's another cupcake place in Frisco that is really good too. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Cupcakery has locations in Uptown and Frisco.  So tasty!

Mariah - I hear you about your mom.  I felt ridiculous shopping for a mother's day because it's hard to find a card that says "I don't really like you."  I don't have any good advice because my solution was to move far away and then be constantly busy so I rarely have time to talk to her.  Not sure how well that would work with your mom, but I think any excuse to get a bit of space without seeming like you're actively avoiding her would be worth trying. 
  • BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so jealous about Austria! My sister and I went to Europe for six weeks in 2003, and we had planned on spending a few days in Austria. But I hurt my knee pretty badly and we had to spend a few days with some friends who were living in Germany at the time. 

I also hate summer. I can't stand being hot at all. The only good thing is that the sun stays out so late. I really want to live somewhere with summers in the 70's and winters in the 40's. Does a place like this exist?
  • edited December 2011
    I never said Dimples was affordable, but they're better than Society & Sprinkles, in my opinion. The cupcakes are really big too!

Isn't Dimples the WORST name ever for a cupcake place?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_say-anything-wednesday-35?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:d77bb91b-e54b-4011-a672-9d9dcf010ec8Post:4c5be5ff-2539-4039-9f5f-868f7e4c659e">Re: Say Anything Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cupcakery has locations in Uptown and Frisco.  So tasty! Mariah - I hear you about your mom.  I felt ridiculous shopping for a mother's day because it's hard to find a card that says "I don't really like you."  I don't have any good advice because my solution was to move far away and then be constantly busy so I rarely have time to talk to her.  Not sure how well that would work with your mom, but I think any excuse to get a bit of space without seeming like you're actively avoiding her would be worth trying. 
    Posted by Terriniski[/QUOTE]Oh.My.God.YES!!  I ended up buying a pretty generic mother's day card because all the other ones were like, "You've always been there for me.  Thanks for being my best friend and someone I can always talk to and look up to" blah blah blah.  I swear I was so conflicted it took me 10 minutes.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_say-anything-wednesday-35?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:d77bb91b-e54b-4011-a672-9d9dcf010ec8Post:a950cc50-11d1-4ad5-a4dd-7af3b5d58d26">Re: Say Anything Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I never said Dimples was affordable, but they're better than Society & Sprinkles, in my opinion. The cupcakes are really big too! Isn't Dimples the WORST name ever for a cupcake place?
    Posted by emimayor[/QUOTE]ROFL!  When I think of Dimples I think, "Oh great...because I know that each "dimple" I eat is going to create 10 "dimples" in my a$$"  :)  Seriously. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_say-anything-wednesday-35?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:d77bb91b-e54b-4011-a672-9d9dcf010ec8Post:5ef56901-0318-4f76-a981-ce0ce438d465">Re: Say Anything Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Say Anything Wednesday : Oh.My.God.YES!!  I ended up buying a pretty generic mother's day card because all the other ones were like, "You've always been there for me.  Thanks for being my best friend and someone I can always talk to and look up to" blah blah blah.  I swear I was so conflicted it took me 10 minutes.
    Posted by Mariah09202008[/QUOTE]

I ended up with two cards, surprisingly.  One that was like "I'm who I am because of you" - which is my way of saying "I'm a stronger person now because I had to put up with your craziness."  The other one was a humorous one about how some kids are tough to raise, which is my way of acknowledging that I know she thinks I was a PITA adult child but I don't regret my decisions, of which she so strongly disapproved.
  • edited December 2011
    Im graduating with an Associates in Science tomorrow!!
    Super Excited :)
    10/16/10
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats, Tammy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards