Moms and Maids
Options

Is it ok for MOB to be MOH?

Hey there, all. My wedding is not for another 2 years, but I'm a military bride and would love to get details like this sorted before I deploy. Here's the scoop: My mother is my best friend. There is no other woman that I am closer to. I realize this may be sad/pathetic, but I would really love for my mother to be my matron of honor. Is this too taboo? Has anyone else done anything similar? I asked my mother what she thought and her response was "Can we even do that?"  I would have 3 other bridesmaids plus the MOH. My sister being one of them. I'm having a somewhat unconventional wedding already, it's outside, non-denominational and during the fall. I would like to hold on to tradition where I can, but it does mean a lot to me. I've heard horror stories about ceremonies not going well when this is tried and people have said that it's pretty weird and I should make my sis MOH instead, but I want to hear what other brides and family members say. Please help?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Is it ok for MOB to be MOH?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Personally, I think MOB is more than enough honor for any woman, but there's no reason you can't do this if she's comfortable with it. My SIL had her mom as MOH.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm a MOB and VERY close to my daughter as well. I would prefer sitting in the front row watching my daughter get married holding my husbands hand. You can do whatever your Mom and you prefer. I don't think there are any rules that say you can't.
  • Options
    Eggshell31Eggshell31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My Mom is my MOB- she is my best friend and I would not want any other woman beside me. 

BTW she is sooooo excited about it!!!
  • Options
    kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I'm a MOB and love watching my dds get married from the front row.  That being said, there is absolutely nothing taboo about having your mom as our MOH.  If that is what you want and she wants to do it then go for it.

Good luck on your deployment.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it's a lovely idea! Who cares what everyone else thinks, if you're closest to your mother then that's who you should have for sure!!
  • Options
    djoann958djoann958 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should do what you want. It is your wedding. You could ask your mom and let her decide if she wants to be your MOH or not. I think asking her would be a very sweet testament to your relationship.
    On the other hand, when my daughter was saying her vows, I was sitting next to my husband, holding his hand with my head on his shoulder trying not to cry (it didn't work). I wouldn't have had it any other way. It was so emotional for both of us sitting there together during her wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards