Not Engaged Yet

McDonalds Has Healing Powers

Well today anyway. Gotta love greasy breakfast sandwhiches when hungover.

What has healing powers for you? (doesn't need to be for hangovers.)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: McDonalds Has Healing Powers

• heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I always feel better eating grapefruit when I'm sick. Normally, I don't like grapefruit at all so that's odd. But maybe I'm just developing a taste for it as I get older.
  • mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OJ!
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I do not like grapefruit. I guess I'm not huge into sour/tart flavors like that though either.
  • MidniteRaeMidniteRae member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Taco Bell's tacos make my stomach feel better.
    If I have a sore throat I drink grapfruit juice. My throat stings, but it helps. I like grapefruit juice even when I'm not sick.
    "You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." -Ray Bradbury 
  • CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Loopy. . . an Egg McMuffin and hash brown from McDonalds is the absolute best cure for my hangovers! Chicken soup makes me feel better when I'm actually sick. 

Loopy-- hung over on a Thursday?  I thought you were an old married hag and didn't have fun anymore!
  • edited December 2011
    MASHED POTATOESZ.

A bagel and lox spread cream cheese from the uh-mazing bagel place by my school.
  • edited December 2011
    Vanilla ice cream...whenever I'm sick it makes me feel better.  Tea also works.  (I'm also partially saying this because I have laryngitis right now.)

When I'm hungover, there's this place in Boston called Sunset Cantina.  They have the BEST nachos ever...they are the perfect hangover food.  Drink with a beer and you're all set.
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A bacon, fried egg and cheddar cheese sandwich on cuban toast.  It's incredible! 

Anniversary

• loopy82loopy82 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_mcdonalds-healing-powers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:0c0d96bf-7ded-4fbd-8852-43e31c463267Post:e3e98e87-7e22-41e3-a728-37b440e0d251">Re: McDonalds Has Healing Powers</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with Loopy. . . an Egg McMuffin and hash brown from McDonalds is the absolute best cure for my hangovers! Chicken soup makes me feel better when I'm actually sick.  Loopy-- hung over on a Thursday?  I thought you were an old married hag and didn't have fun anymore!
    Posted by cschiano[/QUOTE]

Well you are right - I am a lame old married hag. DH and I went out for a fancy dinner. We had drinks on happy hour beforehand and this pretty cool bar, then a bottle of wine with dinner.
  • edited December 2011
    Ginger ale and Kraft Mac & Cheese can cure ANYTHING.

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

• LRPardyLRPardy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I was in University I swore by sesame bagel and pepsi from the fountain only (not bottled), worked every time... 
  • edited December 2011
    Plain cheeseburger and fries from Mc Donalds with a ginger ale cures my hangover everytime.

For everything else, chicken noodle soup and/or mashed potatos and red gatorade is my feel better food.
    ♥ Couldn't Ask For More... Wouldn't Settle For Less ♥ Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Biitches be making me hungry for french fries. :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• motoLynmotoLyn member
    edited December 2011
    Magical cure for a hangover, a beer the next morning...nah.  Magical cure would be ramen noodles for when I'm sick, instant cure for what ails you.  Another magical cure for when I'm having a bad day, a romp in the sac will make me feel much better Wink
  • leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    So because I mentioned yesterday that it's been awhile since I've been sick, now I'm sick.

That means it's time to break out the Canada Dry club soda and grits. I only eat grits when I have a sore throat, and I load them up with salt and butter.
  • chaiteachickchaiteachick member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Uhm. Dayquil... and/or its Israeli equivalent.

Of course, I'm partially saying this because I have a wicked headcold at the moment.

As for food.... I'm a huge cheesy/meaty carb sort of girl. Give me carbs and grease and I'm good to go. ;)
  • coastiegrl25coastiegrl25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I'm sick, potato soup by far.  Totally works everytime.  As far as the hangover, greasy foods from almost anywhere helps.  Also milk, most people don't know how I do it, but it coats my stomach and makes me better. 
    When is my wedding
  • zipis1zipis1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    BF's boss's banana chocolate chip muffins. I was laid up in bed all freaking day yesterday with an awful headache and nausea (both which would not be touched by meds), then he came home with a giant bag of those muffins, I devoured them, and the headache and nausea were almost completely gone.

I'm thinking of enslaving her so that I can have a steady supply of the Miracle Muffins.

• Elle1036Elle1036 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_mcdonalds-healing-powers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0c0d96bf-7ded-4fbd-8852-43e31c463267Post:50751315-221f-442c-8ad7-826325db839c">Re: McDonalds Has Healing Powers</a>:
    [QUOTE]So because I mentioned yesterday that it's been awhile since I've been sick, now I'm sick. That means it's time to break out the Canada Dry club soda and grits. I only eat grits when I have a sore throat, and I load them up with salt and butter.
    Posted by leia1979[/QUOTE]

Ahh I love buttery grits.  I'm sorry you aren't feeling well, Leia, but I can't be <em>too</em> sorry if it's an excuse to eat grits.
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    edited December 2011
    The only time I think I have ever had grits is at the Waffle House.
  • redheadtmkredheadtmk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i agree with loopy. mcdonalds has healing powers. for me a happy meal can fix anything.
  • Elle1036Elle1036 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_mcdonalds-healing-powers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0c0d96bf-7ded-4fbd-8852-43e31c463267Post:52846c6b-0b10-4dda-9e44-7e661179c407">Re: McDonalds Has Healing Powers</a>:
    [QUOTE]The only time I think I have ever had grits is at the Waffle House.
    Posted by loopy82[/QUOTE]

Not surprising.  They're definitely associated with the south.

Have you seen My Cousin Vinny?  I love the grits scene in that movie.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards