Military Brides

Re: And for your entertainment tonight...

• Um okay...pretty sure guardsmen are soldiers. That's like saying a reservist isn't a (insert SM term). Her pregnancy pic in ACU's with belly exposed and a non-regulation pink ribbon belt really defeats her "don't take pics in your H's uniform" vent. IMO pulling a stunt like that in your own uniform is just as bad.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_and-for-your-entertainment-tonight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:11a8c026-9ae0-4eba-8034-99650b6d9767Post:562e6a35-a02c-4a77-9bca-810fdc47367d">Re: And for your entertainment tonight...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Um okay...pretty sure guardsmen are soldiers. That's like saying a reservist isn't a (insert SM term). Her pregnancy pic in ACU's with belly exposed and a non-regulation pink ribbon belt really defeats her "don't take pics in your H's uniform" vent. IMO pulling a stunt like that in your own uniform is just as bad.
    Posted by Sammy0709[/QUOTE]
    Did you read the comments? Her husband went on and defended her. It's going around the internet from a Facebook page and there are wives from her area saying they forwarded her article to their husband's superiors
  • So I guess the fact that national guard SOLDIERS go through the same basic and AIT means absolutely nothing.  Not to mention, the national gaurd does deploy overseas just like AD army.   This girl is a little full of herself.
    PhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_and-for-your-entertainment-tonight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:11a8c026-9ae0-4eba-8034-99650b6d9767Post:5dc3d1aa-1d0f-440d-b2b1-5542674cacca">Re: And for your entertainment tonight...</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I guess the fact that national guard SOLDIERS go through the same basic and AIT means absolutely nothing.  Not to mention, the national gaurd does deploy overseas just like AD army.   This girl is a little full of herself.
    Posted by B&K10+13+12[/QUOTE]
    Yeah and saying guard soldiers know they won't deploy another 4 years...give me a break
  • Ugh gag me...this whole time I was under the impression that was her uniform since she did that little vent. It's her husband's. What a joke.
  • Yeah such a hypocrite. She turned his comment into a new blog post too
  • Let's also add that my FIL who was in the Army was a NG recruiter for the final years of his career.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_and-for-your-entertainment-tonight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:11a8c026-9ae0-4eba-8034-99650b6d9767Post:ad00a7d2-ee7b-4d38-ac76-b233185c42e4">Re: And for your entertainment tonight...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: And for your entertainment tonight... : Yeah and saying guard soldiers know they won't deploy another 4 years...give me a break
    Posted by Zimsgirl[/QUOTE]

Lol this girl is nuts! 
  • Yea.. I laughed when she saw the rant about not dressing up in their uniform... HA! I didn't do too much reading, but I didn't get the feeling that she was prior service so was that his uniform?

Photobucket
  • She gained some followers tonight I noticed probably because people wanna see how crazy she continues to get hahaha
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_and-for-your-entertainment-tonight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:11a8c026-9ae0-4eba-8034-99650b6d9767Post:12e9d3f2-868e-4a34-b098-019210d0880e">Re: And for your entertainment tonight...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yea.. I laughed when she saw the rant about not dressing up in their uniform... HA! I didn't do too much reading, but I didn't get the feeling that she was prior service so was that his uniform?
    Posted by AmandaSC1988[/QUOTE]
    Yep all his. Besides her general opinion about NG not being real soliders her PTSD comments really pissed me off
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_and-for-your-entertainment-tonight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:11a8c026-9ae0-4eba-8034-99650b6d9767Post:d6c2aa16-75cc-46ec-915c-e61c044665bc">Re: And for your entertainment tonight...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: And for your entertainment tonight... : Yep all his. Besides her general opinion about NG not being real soliders her PTSD comments really pissed me off

Had to reread the PTSD part. She should consider herself fortunate her H doesn't have PTSD because mine is all kinds of messed up and I know a lot of other people on this board deal with it too but she seems to be rubbing it in people's faces.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_and-for-your-entertainment-tonight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:11a8c026-9ae0-4eba-8034-99650b6d9767Post:024dd750-5c06-435d-a87c-472cfd1eff34">Re: And for your entertainment tonight...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: And for your entertainment tonight... : Had to reread the PTSD part. She should consider herself fortunate her H doesn't have PTSD because mine is all kinds of messed up and I know a lot of other people on this board deal with it too but she seems to be rubbing it in people's faces.
    Yeah that's a really sensitive issue and she's fortunate her husband doesn't deal wit hit but it's not something you throw in someone's face/brag about
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_and-for-your-entertainment-tonight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:11a8c026-9ae0-4eba-8034-99650b6d9767Post:024dd750-5c06-435d-a87c-472cfd1eff34">Re: And for your entertainment tonight...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: And for your entertainment tonight... : Had to reread the PTSD part. She should consider herself fortunate her H doesn't have PTSD because mine is all kinds of messed up and I know a lot of other people on this board deal with it too but she seems to be rubbing it in people's faces.

I have a feeling that if her H was diagnosed with PTSD he probably wouldn't be her H for much longer. 
  • Wow, what a see you next Tuesday. Just wow. This, this right here, is where those stereotypes come from about there being such a divide among spouses in the military.  Also, way to rag on other women for pics of themselves in their SO's uniform, not that I think that's allowed or advisable, while posting ridiculous belly pics of yourself in your SO's uniform with a pink belt. At least she blacked the name out, I guess, but certainly not her face, Mrs. Persec. If I can read this, I'll bet people who work with your husband can, too. Especially since you live in a town with what seems like only a NG base, which you name, I somehow see this getting awkward.

Read more, her husband sounds like a real peach, too.

I can't stop: Pics of your husband's dog tags over your pregnant belly just seem unnecessarily morbid.
  • I read the whole blog entry, what a really whiney biotch! She definitely need to get her facts straight and talk about hypocrite. A belly picture in his uniform? Really?! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_and-for-your-entertainment-tonight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:11a8c026-9ae0-4eba-8034-99650b6d9767Post:78676f3f-a2a7-4137-92cc-501b37ed5a78">Re: And for your entertainment tonight...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow, what a see you next Tuesday. Just wow. This, this right here, is where those stereotypes come from about there being such a divide among spouses in the military.  Also, way to rag on other women for pics of themselves in their SO's uniform, not that I think that's allowed or advisable, while posting ridiculous belly pics of yourself in your SO's uniform with a pink belt. At least she blacked the name out, I guess, but certainly not her face, Mrs. Persec. If I can read this, I'll bet people who work with your husband can, too. Especially since you live in a town with what seems like only a NG base, which you name, I somehow see this getting awkward. Read more, her husband sounds like a real peach, too. I can't stop: Pics of your husband's dog tags over your pregnant belly just seem unnecessarily morbid.
    Posted by divinemsbee[/QUOTE]<div>Yeah I like how some of the posters are in her area and forwarded it to their husband's superiors hahaha

</div>
  • Wow... I don't even know where to begin.. There are no words.... 

• While reading I was just like "Ok, whatever." Until I got to the part about not dressing up in your H's uniform. I was like "Waaaiiiit, didn't I just see a pic of her wearing her H's uniform, pregnant belly exposed, with a pink belt?" Yup, sure enough. What a freakin hypocrite. And a biotch.
  • Wow. I just read her first post. I can't believe she lumped all national guard wives into one category. She used statements like: "I see none of this with national guard wives." I'm pretty sure not ALL national guard wives do what she is saying. Some? Probably. Just like some Army wives, some Navy wives.... You get my point. I hate hate hate when people lump all of one group into statements like that.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm seeing red.
  • Yikes... what a snot!

May I say, she got married in August and is due in February... could be intentional, could be a pre-wedding happy accident, but it also could have been what pushed them to get married, no?  And she said he's stationed there as a recruiter, which my understanding is rarely more than a 2 year post, and she met him because he was stationed there, so she hasn't been through a deployment yet if he's a recruiter and was when she met him.  Unless I'm missing something.  What kind of whiney little brat!!!!

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_and-for-your-entertainment-tonight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:11a8c026-9ae0-4eba-8034-99650b6d9767Post:f9020d92-c44f-467d-b319-8d8041acf81e">Re: And for your entertainment tonight...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm seeing red.
    Posted by Bacon+lettuce+tomato[/QUOTE]

Ya know... I just read the whole thing... and I totally agree.  I'm furious, and it won't let me post a response, so I'm going to give it to you ladies instead:

"What a little snot.  There's a whole group of military wives - Army, NG, Navy, Marines, Air Force, and Coasties - mocking you throughout the interwebs.  Most specifically Military Nesties on "The Nest" and Military Brides on "The Knot". From the sounds of it, your husband may have been through deployments, but I don't think it sounds like YOU have, certainly not as a service member and not even as a spouse.  What gives you the right to judge someone else's service to the country?  They are SOLDIERS, though they may not be in the Army.  My fiance is a MARINE.  And he and I both respect all members of our armed services, as well you should also.  Until you yourself can put on a uniform as a service member (not in some stupid little dress-up session that is against uniform regulations) then shut your mouth and show some respect to those who actually ARE sacrificing for our country.  You're the spouse of a recruiter, and from the sounds of it that's all you've been through as far as military life goes.  Get over yourself, learn some humility, and show some respect for those who actually sacrifice for our country."

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_and-for-your-entertainment-tonight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:11a8c026-9ae0-4eba-8034-99650b6d9767Post:21b8d8f1-9742-48f0-a6ab-0d1bfd1e4565">Re: And for your entertainment tonight...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: And for your entertainment tonight... : Ya know... I just read the whole thing... and I totally agree.  I'm furious, and it won't let me post a response, so I'm going to give it to you ladies instead: "What a little snot.  There's a whole group of military wives - Army, NG, Navy, Marines, Air Force, and Coasties - mocking you throughout the interwebs.  Most specifically Military Nesties on "The Nest" and Military Brides on "The Knot". From the sounds of it, your husband may have been through deployments, but I don't think it sounds like YOU have, certainly not as a service member and not even as a spouse.  What gives you the right to judge someone else's service to the country?  They are SOLDIERS, though they may not be in the Army.  My fiance is a MARINE.  And he and I both respect all members of our armed services, as well you should also.  Until you yourself can put on a uniform as a service member (not in some stupid little dress-up session that is against uniform regulations) then shut your mouth and show some respect to those who actually ARE sacrificing for our country.  You're the spouse of a recruiter, and from the sounds of it that's all you've been through as far as military life goes.  Get over yourself, learn some humility, and show some respect for those who actually sacrifice for our country."
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]<div>Amen!

</div>
  • The words, they fail me...
  • REALLY?!?! Really?!?!  What the hell is she smoking? Ok she is talking about respecting the uniform but she is wearing his in the preggo picture?  I find that picture very offensive. 

Oh and the part about Army Wives of AD people sit there is wait until they are spoken to is just nonsense in my book.  I do respect H's commanders however I am a grown ass woman and I will not sit there slient like a child until some says "Crown would you like to add your imput?"  Actually I think H would ask me what the hell was wrong with me if I sat there in slience.  I mean I have had wonderful converstations with H's commander.  She is a delightful person and does not wear her rank in every day life.  I mean adults have converstations, that is what we do.  I mean am I going to fist bump the General, well that is unlikey however I am not going to stand there like a bump on the log looking foolish until he says "Hello Mrs Crown."  Oh and using "excuse me" is just simply manners. 

• Comments on the nest said it got passed to the local news and they're covering it. Id pay to see that broadcast!
  • She deleted all of her other blog posts! Hahahaha
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_and-for-your-entertainment-tonight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:11a8c026-9ae0-4eba-8034-99650b6d9767Post:53b02c58-c903-4d97-b6f6-a2e0becd2387">Re: And for your entertainment tonight...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Comments on the nest said it got passed to the local news and they're covering it. Id pay to see that broadcast!

Where is her local news or did I miss that?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_and-for-your-entertainment-tonight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:11a8c026-9ae0-4eba-8034-99650b6d9767Post:c1f5793b-0268-43cf-947e-c69a78892d08">Re: And for your entertainment tonight...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: And for your entertainment tonight... : Where is her local news or did I miss that?
    Posted by crownsuperstar[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure. All I know is she's in Vermont. Someone on the nest said it went to her news. I hope someone finds it haha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards