Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

thank goodness i'm not the only one who is looking for vow opinions.

with 70 some days left until the wedding I've been trying to get anything and everything I can DONE and just out of the way leaving me with less to worry about as the day get closer. I think I'm good with the vows but just wanted a few more opinions. 

keep in mine we are a very "non-traditional" or some may say "offbeat" couple and are making sure to do things the way we want not nessicarly the way they are "suppose to be done." 

Today, at this time and in this moment I pledge my life and love to you.

Everyone has their own ideas as to what a soul mate is.  Most people seem to think a soul mate is your perfect fit. But to me a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so YOU can change your life, not be changed. You’re my mirror when I feel lost, you help me find my way.  You’re able to ground my random thoughts and erratic emotions and help put all my pieces back together when I've given up.

Spending these past few years with you has opened a place in my heart that I thought I had lost along the way.  You have shown me that wanting the best of both worlds is possible when two people want and need the same things.  Our growth as individuals and as a couple has helped to strengthen our love beyond measure.  

When I think about the future I don’t see just my future I see our future. You right there by my side every step of the way.  I can see you holding our child for the first time and know that they will feel just as safe as I feel whenever I’m in your arms.  Seeing a future that looks so bright lets me know that you are the light that surrounds my darkest moments and saves me from my own doubt!

Now, I can’t promise you an  empty sink or a spotless floor all the time but I can promise to love you to infinity and beyond!  And just so we’re clear,  I will NEVER be an Eagles fan but I will always be YOUR biggest fan!

We have an old fashion kind of love with a ROCK-STAR edge! Your the best of both of my worlds. And as long as we have each other we never have to go to Applebee’'s alone.

Not death nor Zombies will break the bond we have built over the years and the bond we will continue to build on for years to come! Your the guy I wanna grow old with and years down the road We’ll look back at this moment we’re in and say to each other “I thought I loved you then!”

So, If you will have me and keep me I offer you everything I am and all that I have.

(whisper in his ear) P.S I love You!

What do ya think???? too wordy? too long? PERFECT, too funny, too sappy? not sappy enough... or just tell me i'm crazy and to shush up! :D

Re: thank goodness i'm not the only one who is looking for vow opinions.

• edited December 2011
    Quirky, but cute! I think it might be a little long, but then again, not many people focus on the ceremony anymore, so if this is how you feel, then this is the time to say it, go for it!
  • jessharjesshar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WOW that is amazing I wish I could come up with something like that, I might have to use you as an example and re think what I had. I love it...
  • edited December 2011
    I really like them!  I think it is wonderful!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • awdammawdamm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks LADIES! Every once in a while I just need opions from total strangers to help make me feel not totally crazy. hehehe though i am slightly crazy. 

:-D 

thanks again! 
  • jessharjesshar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You are not crazy, after reading your post I was like ohhh I like that and just re-worded it to fit us. Thank you so much for helping me. you really helped me to look and see what I should be looking at. Hope that makes sense.
  • awdammawdamm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    AWESOME. glad to help! I'll post my whole ceremony guideline maybe it will help some more, 
  • awdammawdamm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WELCOMING:
    Please be seated!  I’d like to welcome you all to the AWESOME celebration of a pretty AWESOME couple.  
    Although this is their day, it is also a tribute to all of you. For knowing you and growing with you has helped to make our Bride and Groom who they needed to be to find each other. They would like to thank you all for that. All of you are the threads of which have woven the tapestry of their lives. Each one of you is an important piece in the story it tells. It is the fabric that they wrap around themselves and take comfort in when the world seems cold. And on days like today when everything is right in their world, that tapestry is proudly spread out and displayed for everyone to see, with all the glorious colors and textures that your diversity adds. You all hold a place in their hearts reserved for those that they have chosen to call ‘Family’ and “Friends” and they are deeply grateful for each and every one of you here today.

OPENING:
    You have know each other from the first glance of acquaintance to this point of commitment. At some point, you decided to marry. From that moment of yes, to this moment of yes, indeed you have been making promises and agreements in an informal way.
    All those conversations were held riding in a car or over a meal or during long walks some after a few cocktails and a lot of “I Love you mans” -- all those sentences that began with "When we're married" and continued with "I will and you will and we will" -- those late night talks that included "someday" and "somehow" and "maybe" -- and all those promises that are unspoken matters of the heart.All those common things, and more, are the real process of a wedding. The symbolic vows that you are about to make are a way of saying to one another, "you know all those things we've promised and hoped and dreamed -- well, I meant it all, every word."
    Look at one another and remember this moment in time. Before this moment you have been many things to one another -- acquaintance, friend, companion, and even a teacher. Now you’ll say a few words that take you across the threshold of life, and things will never quite be the same between you. For after these vows, you shall say to the world, this is my hubster, this is my wifey.
    then he'll say his personal vows
    then my ( above) vows
    sand ceremony ( with bag piper playing the HBO series Tudors theme music)
    I know pronouce you Mr. and Mrs. Awesome~!
    SMOOCH!!! leave PARTY!
  • edited December 2011
    that is infact AWESOME!!!!
  • awdammawdamm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    SWEET THANKS! LISSA!~ :D
  • ekwilcox09ekwilcox09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE IT! I feel that these are perfect vows, and there is a chance that I will steal them! Also, I love the ceremony, I'm looking for something similar.
  • awdammawdamm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i didn't want it to be all preachy, and god this and god that ( nothing wrong with it at all just not us) 

I wanted it sweet, light hearted and to the point! 

Luckily my "Marryin us Mamma" is fantastic and understands that each ceremony should be right for each couple. 

if your in the Delaware area ( Maryland, DC, Philadelphia, Jersey) please look up Taya Shepard Altered Vows! SHE"S AWESOME! 

• awdammawdamm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i played around with the wording a bit and think it is even better now. 

i just changed the first part of the opening ( seemed oddly worded ) 

Opening 

Autumn & Jim, from the first moment you met to this point of commitment, you've been developing an awesome relationship. At some point, you decided to marry & thankfully, it was to each other!  But all along the way, you've been making promises and agreements in an informal way. All those conversations in the car, while eating dinner, maybe once or twice over a few cold cocktails....those late night and early morning talks that included "some day" and "some how" and "maybe"...all those sentences that began with "I will and you will and we will" and included a lot of "I love you so Freakin muches"... those promises are unspoken matters of the heart. All those common things and more are the REAL process of a wedding. The vows that you are about to make today are simply a way of saying to one another, "you know all those things we've promised and hoped and dreamed - well, I meant it all, every word.”
  • edited December 2011
    I can't breathe. I'm in tears. The screen is so blurry! Oh gosh, I can't believe i'm crying like this. Oh my gosh....That was seriously, so beautiful. I can't get over the fact that i'm crying right now. 
  • awdammawdamm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow. I don't want to say thank... but thanks for evoking such emotions from the words I wrote. Lets me know that I've got a pretty dang good ceremony going.  Won't be a dry eye in the house! 

:D 
  • edited December 2011
    I had my FI read it because I told him about it and he was making fun of me for crying. Guess who is all choked up now? Uh huh!
  • edited December 2011
    And in my defense, My wedding is 18 days away. I am an emotional MESS. So, you'd better not be on the other side of a computer screen laughing at me! Lol
  • awdammawdamm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    nope, no laughing here I'm in the same boat as you! we have the same wedding date! 

11/11/11 

:D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards