Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Question Regarding Venue Negotiation

HI Everyone!

I'm wondering if I could get your advice on something.  As most of you know, I've completely fallen in love with Tendenza even though it is slightly out of my price range (by $10/person).  Recently, I found out that a bride was able to negotiate her price down by $10 per person for her 10/10/10 wedding at Cescaphe Ballroom.  Prior to learning this, I had already inquired if there was any possibility that they could meet my budget and I was told no because they had already increased their prices to newly inquiring brides by $10 per person so basically, I was already getting a deal.  Question is, should I try to ask again knowing that they negotiated with the other bride for her 10/10/10 wedding (which was a highly desirable date at their more expensive venue) or just let it go and just book it?

Also, this is one of the reasons that my fiance isn't 100% on board.  We could get Ballroom at the Ben for $10 less per person but I just love the look of Tendenza more. 

I dunno...I wanna ask again because that's a potential savings of $2000 but at the same time I don't wanna be annoying and have them completely turn me away.

Thoughts?

Re: Question Regarding Venue Negotiation

• ev4149ev4149 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Asking can't hurt.  Worst thing they can say is no.  When I asked at my venue, they were willing to give it to me.

Also, I don't know if I would mention the other bride. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely ask. I would also tell them that the $10/person may cause you to end up at Ben instead of there. Make sure they know you have a good second choice.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_question-regarding-venue-negotiation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:0f4e35d2-d6d6-4a58-b4a9-9affce55c9ddPost:a461c82f-758f-4db9-a24d-bb832cc06e2a">Re: Question Regarding Venue Negotiation</a>:
    [QUOTE]Definitely ask. I would also tell them that the $10/person may cause you to end up at Ben instead of there. Make sure they know you have a good second choice.
    Posted by Bean32[/QUOTE]

<div>I agree here.  Also make a suggestion of something you could live without.  We really don't need x.  </div><div>
    </div><div>Also do you have under 21s coming?  If so you should not be paying the full open bar price for them as they legally can not drink.  I have many in the 17-20 set and I am getting a discount of $25 pp for them.  </div>
  • Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the past responses.  It won't hurt to ask.  If you tell them flat out that it's too much and you aren't comfortable, they may work with you at the thought of losing your business. 

Ditto the under 21.  There should also be a discounted rate for children and your vendors. 
    Photobucket
  • nancyrnancyr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Always ask, as others have said the worst they can say is no.  Everything is negotiable, it just depends on finding their incentive.  What can you offer them to make it worth their while?  Good luck! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards