African American Weddings

Jumping the broom

Hi all.  I wanted to know what you all thought about jumping the broom for an interracial marriage? 

I am African American/Dominican and my FI is Italian.

Thanks!!Sealed
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Jumping the broom

• edited December 2011
    I think if you find things from both cultures to mix, this would be a great one!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I am 100% mixng it up. I am African-American and my FI is Belgian. We are jumping the broom and to add something about Belgium at the recpetion we will have a chocolate fountian. In Belgium in the major tourist cities like Brussels or Bruges there is a big chocolate shop that has a big chocolate fountian in the window.

Go for it girl!
    Photobucket
    "Ever Thine, Ever Mine, Ever Ours"
    Janae & Olivier

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    You should do it. I'm African-American and FI is Colombian/White and we will be jumping the broom. Its siginificant to me and he appreciates it as well.
    ~ Planning Bio~
    ~ Married Bio~
    ~ Married August 15, 2010 ~
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    All You Need Is Love....
  • amberlynnedamberlynned member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I say do it. As long as his culture is represented as well. That way it wont seem like one culture is more important than the other.

But people LOVE cultural weddings. So I'm sure it will be a hit if you include little traditions.

GL!
    Creating Our Happily Ever After Countdown Ticker

Our Married Bio
  • edited December 2011

You should do it, Its just a celebration of you culture.
  • adgenyaadgenya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did. I am AA and my FI is white (Irish, Swedish) and he loved the tradition and the idea as a whole. Our guests loved it too. 
  • KMB611KMB611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I say jump the broom. You're merging your cultures and beliefs together and this would be a wonderful way to start.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards