New Jersey
Options

Hyatt, Jersey CIty vs. Chart House, Weehawken

Can anyone give an opinion/information on Hyatt vs. Chart House? Can the Chart House accomodate a 200 person wedding? I know the Hyatt is big enough to accomodate it, but I feel like the food and liquor options/packages are nicer at the Chart House. However, it looks like the upstairs ballroom would be very cramped with 20 tables, plus a good sized dance floor, dj, and bars. Both have great views, and there are positives and negatives to both. If anyone has any opinions or experiences to share with either place it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Re: Hyatt, Jersey CIty vs. Chart House, Weehawken

• Options
    I think the Chart House would be too small for a 200 person wedding.  I have not been to a wedding at the Hyatt, but I understand that it is larger and that they give you a lot more for your money.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you for your reply :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://princeton.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_hyatt-jersey-city-vs-chart-house-weehawken?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:6b475407-fb6b-4685-82d8-a45a1f03c8b8Post:25ea0f69-9329-4708-91f5-ee06c82149fd">Hyatt, Jersey CIty vs. Chart House, Weehawken</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can anyone give an opinion/information on Hyatt vs. Chart House? Can the Chart House accomodate a 200 person wedding? I know the Hyatt is big enough to accomodate it, but I feel like the food and liquor options/packages are nicer at the Chart House. However, it looks like the upstairs ballroom would be very cramped with 20 tables, plus a good sized dance floor, dj, and bars. Both have great views, and there are positives and negatives to both. If anyone has any opinions or experiences to share with either place it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
    Posted by Nikkicheyne[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div><p style="font:normal normal normal 11px/normal Arial;color:#4c402a;margin:0px;"><span style="letter-spacing:0px;">Hi Nikki,</span></p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 11px/normal Arial;color:#4c402a;margin:0px;"><span style="letter-spacing:0px;"> </span></p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 11px/normal Arial;color:#4c402a;margin:0px;"><span style="letter-spacing:0px;">My husband and I looked at the Chart House, but ruled it out because the space didn't dazzle us, plus it was difficult to judge how much the costs would be based on the way they do their food/liquor pricing. </span></p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 11px/normal Arial;color:#4c402a;min-height:12px;margin:0px;"> </p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 11px/normal Arial;color:#4c402a;margin:0px;"><span style="letter-spacing:0px;">After looking at many other venues, we ended up going with the Hyatt and we have nothing but rave reviews. The 9th floor ballroom with balcony is amazing -- much nicer than Chart House -- and if you're considering an outdoor ceremony on the property, you can have it on the pier, and the cocktail hour at its outdoor lounge area (weather permitting, of course). The food is very good, but the thing that stands out the most is the staff and service. The staff -- from wedding director to butler and bartenders -- are first class all the way, catering to your every need, always with a bright smile on their face. They pay attention to the small details and totally take care of you. After the wedding, so many of our guests called to say how sophisticated the wedding/Hyatt was. </span></p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 11px/normal Arial;color:#4c402a;min-height:12px;margin:0px;"> </p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 11px/normal Arial;color:#4c402a;margin:0px;"><span style="letter-spacing:0px;">Actually, we had two weddings at the Hyatt. The first one was scheduled during Hurricane Irene weekend. We had to cancel the big reception but had an intimate luncheon and ceremony that day and months later had "take two" of the big party. The Hyatt was absolutely wonderful in the way they handled the hurricane fiasco and scrambling to change our menu and decorating a different room at the last minute. They gave us total peace of mind under very tense circumstances. </span></p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 11px/normal Arial;color:#4c402a;min-height:12px;margin:0px;"> </p> <p style="font:normal normal normal 11px/normal Arial;color:#4c402a;margin:0px;"><span style="letter-spacing:0px;">The staff really went above and beyond in making both events beautiful and I really don't have enough kind words to say about our experience. I know if you go with that venue, you will really be impressed and in good hands.</span></p><div><span style="letter-spacing:0px;">
    </span></div>
    </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards