Favors

probably stressing for no reason but...

My wedding is in the fall and I want to do an edible favor. Caramel Apples are at the top of the list. However, our theme isn't necessarily "fall." There are no leaves, no pumpkins, apple baskets or hay anywhere in sight. I'm just worried that Caramel Apples are too fall-ish...or am I being a nut case?

Re: probably stressing for no reason but...

• trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You're right.  No reason for the stress.  Favors don't have to match a theme.  And I think caramel apples sound delightful!  I love me a good candy apple.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • edited December 2011
    Okay I just thought of a part two: we can get them with peanuts or without. Probably should go without just in case someone is allergic, right? Maybe half and half.
  • Miss_SophiaMiss_Sophia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    half and half sound like a good idea if that won't cost extra. If for whatever reason going half and half would cost you more I would just go without the nuts. I love the idea for your favors though! :)
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    To address your very good question about the peanuts:  (thanks for thinking of that!).

I'm a teacher, and a co-worker has a son who has peanut and tree nut allergies, as did one of my students.  Both were severe enough to require epi-pens if they even touched peanut butter, much less ingested it.

It's not enough for people with those allergies to just avoid eating the nuts.  If the candy apples without nuts are made in the same place as those with nuts, contamination may well have happened.

For that reason, you should probably label the product (I'd think the manufacturer already has) with a disclaimer that they are made in a facility where nuts are used.

People with severe allergies will know not even to try them.  I'd go without the nuts altogether, but add the disclaimer, JIC.

I wouldn't have thought about it.  It's good that you did.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah I only considered it cause I used to work in a place where we counldn't bring any, and I mean ANY, products that might contain peanuts. No PB&J, no M&Ms with peanuts, no snickers etc. It was really annoying but I know how severe an allergic reaction can be...I think was are opting for no peanuts. The company offers caramel apples with dipped in white chocolate with a milk chocolate swirl pattern and ones that are switched (milk chocolate with a white chocolate swirl). Gonna go with half and half, then alternate at each seat.
  • CA2MT4EveRCA2MT4EveR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yum :)
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • edited December 2011
    I am having the same problem. I love the idea of carmel apples, but I have nothing in wedding theme that is "fall." However, I think I am still going to go ahead with the idea. My wedding colors are white/black/red so I am hoping I can pull it all together. Good luck and congrats!
    jn+ln+baby=family
  • CA2MT4EveRCA2MT4EveR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you guys are overthinking this.  I personally don't think "Fall" when I think of a caramel apple, maybe Summer and fairs!  If it's that important to you, have the caramel colored, or use the colors of your wedding somehow with it.  But really, I don't think any guest will say "You know, this was an incredible wedding, but I just don't see where the apples tie in"
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards