Snarky Brides

I don't get it/we get it?

Re: I don't get it/we get it?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dont-itwe?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bf438891-33f5-4940-a29b-deecd3c84cffPost:4c4762e0-0bed-4c7b-85c3-8083991ebcc3">Re: I don't get it/we get it?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hated olives until about a year ago. Now I love them. Also, I just watched  this video  on the gay right movement and cried like a baby. I don't get how people can hate other people because of who they love. It literally doesn't make sense to me, I just can fathom it. It makes me sad for humanity. 
    Posted by number55[/QUOTE]

<div>Pretty much all of the sad/horrible things people do make me sad for humanity.  People suck.</div>
  • edited January 2012

I don't get uncentered signature pictures with text after them. Maybe I am just anal as fvck about things lining up but it drives me batty. I don't want to be that biitch that goes around telling people to fix their sigs though.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dont-itwe?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bf438891-33f5-4940-a29b-deecd3c84cffPost:34e2fec9-9f39-449f-8b05-8ba14e0af2bb">Re: I don't get it/we get it?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I don't get it/we get it? :
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

Blue, read this book. It shows you how much trash the average person makes, and where it goes. IIt will blow your mind -
    <a href="http://www.amazon.com/Garbage-Land-Secret-Trail-Trash/dp/031615461X/ref=tmm_pap_title_0" rel="nofollow">http://www.amazon.com/Garbage-Land-Secret-Trail-Trash/dp/031615461X/ref=tmm_pap_title_0</a>
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Blue you would get along with my H. He will sit in bed and when we watch a movie, instead of popcorn he will just sit with a jar of olives. SO GROSS.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dont-itwe?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bf438891-33f5-4940-a29b-deecd3c84cffPost:4c4762e0-0bed-4c7b-85c3-8083991ebcc3">Re: I don't get it/we get it?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hated olives until about a year ago. Now I love them. <strong>Also, I just watched  this video  on the gay right movement and cried like a baby. I don't get how people can hate other people because of who they love. It literally doesn't make sense to me, I just can fathom it. It makes me sad for humanity.</strong> 

<div>One of the nicest, most tolerant, human beings I know is my coworker. He has been with his partner for almost 32 years. I can't understand people who don't see that it's not wrong. It just is. I really admire their relationship. Besides, who am I to say who someone should love. Clearly, my coworker and his partner love each other. They wouldn't have made it this long if they didn't.</div>
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dont-itwe?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bf438891-33f5-4940-a29b-deecd3c84cffPost:23bc200f-2025-4b32-bacc-3f53c4e50eba">Re: I don't get it/we get it?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I don't get it/we get it? : Pretty much all of the sad/horrible things people do make me sad for humanity.  People suck.
    Posted by lbarr088[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah, that too. Some days I feel overwhelmed by how broken the world is. It makes me sad for the millions of children who are born into horrible conditions with little hope of ever escaping them.  They are innocent but have to bear all the consequences of those who came before them.</div>
  • Rosie - Don't feel bad, that drives me crazy too. I learned early on about the <br /> thing, and I love how organized it makes my sig look.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dont-itwe?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:bf438891-33f5-4940-a29b-deecd3c84cffPost:5dca0c3f-b95f-4dbb-b01b-1cd21ac98872">Re: I don't get it/we get it?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Blue you would get along with my H. He will sit in bed and when we watch a movie, instead of popcorn he will just sit with a jar of olives. SO GROSS.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

When I was a kid, Jello came out with a "make your own pudding popsicle" mold.  I used to make pickle juice Popsicles.

And I used to have my mom make me pickle sandwiches for school lunch. 

I put olives in every salad I make too.  Its better than salad dressing.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dont-itwe?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bf438891-33f5-4940-a29b-deecd3c84cffPost:916de891-41d8-4bce-806c-b7a9033728c3">Re: I don't get it/we get it?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I don't get it/we get it? : One of the nicest, most tolerant, human beings I know is my coworker. He has been with his partner for almost 32 years. I can't understand people who don't see that it's not wrong. It just is. I really admire their relationship. Besides, who am I to say who someone should love. Clearly, my coworker and his partner love each other. They wouldn't have made it this long if they didn't.
    Posted by SEWF[/QUOTE]

<div>I feel the same way about the gay parents I had a few years ago. They adopted three boys through the foster system and they are by far some of the MOST amazing parents I have ever met. They love their children (and recognize them for who they are while still setting high standards) so deeply. I can't imagine people arguing that they couldn't be parents. They make many of the biological parents I see look like piss-poor parents frankly. They definitely don't take for granted that they get to raise children. </div>
  • Black olives with ranch is one of the best snacks ever.

I don't get the term "wife chop." I mean, I get what it means, but I don't get the reasoning.
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dont-itwe?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bf438891-33f5-4940-a29b-deecd3c84cffPost:f103a358-463d-4a5b-941f-0505a5d85b51">Re: I don't get it/we get it?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I don't get it/we get it? : Yeah, that too. Some days I feel overwhelmed by how broken the world is. It makes me sad for the millions of children who are born into horrible conditions with little hope of ever escaping them.  They are innocent but have to bear all the consequences of those who came before them.

<div>I totally agree.  I always tell FI how scary it must be to raise kids nowadays.  I'd like to think I'd be a pretty chill parent however with all of the horror stories you hear I'd probably be just as "up their ass" about things as my parents were to me.</div><div>
    </div><div>ETA:  In hindsight asking for my friends names/contact info isn't so "up your ass" ... at the time though, it was brutal. </div>
  • DodgersBrideDodgersBride member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    The only thing that annoyed me with sigs is when they had the stick figures with dresses on them as part of the siggy challenge. I get it some brides don't want their FI to see their dress but if your FI is on TK then you should probably know not to participate in that month's challenge.

ETA: I don't get why it is called a siggy challenge.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dont-itwe?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bf438891-33f5-4940-a29b-deecd3c84cffPost:0b4b78c3-ea92-4bfa-9359-58db2fbb8969">Re: I don't get it/we get it?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Black olives with ranch is one of the best snacks ever. I don't get the term "wife chop." I mean, I get what it means, but I don't get the reasoning.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

I don't get it either, I don't know why becoming a wife makes people get their hair cut? Or something? I love my long hair.
  • I don't get people who drive around with their radios and bass so loud that it shakes the windows in my house. There is no need for it. My H is partially deaf and even he doesn't play his radio that loud.
  • Sesh- I dont get the wife chop either.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Haha so says three very long haired ladies.
  • numbers- Read this story. It kind of goes along with what you were saying.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dont-itwe?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:bf438891-33f5-4940-a29b-deecd3c84cffPost:3aef98b3-f69f-4224-bd61-9f5d1bd79785">Re: I don't get it/we get it?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haha so says three very long haired ladies.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

Lol, true. I would never "chop" my hair.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dont-itwe?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bf438891-33f5-4940-a29b-deecd3c84cffPost:a67623aa-8f31-4ea5-808b-78b3884712b2">Re: I don't get it/we get it?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I don't get it/we get it? : Lol, true. I would never "chop" my hair.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

I don't think I can either. Its too much a part of me, in an intense emotional way, lol.
  • Meh, I go back and forth between a bob and long hair anyways...I cut it back into a bob about 3 months after the wedding because it was 'that time', now I am growing it back again.

I do have a friend who thinks that women over 40 shouldn't have long hair. Meh, I have no idea what mine will look like but it will probably be long because then I can put it up in a pony tail. When it's shorter I have to style it. And I am so lazy when it comes to that. 
  • I don't get people that call to tell me they sent me an email and then tell me everything the emails says. Either just call me and tell me the details or just send the damm email. I prefer email but whatever either ONE is fine!
  • I look stupid with short hair, so I'm too vain for that. I'll stick with my long hair.
  • I got my hair cut after the wedding, but it was because I had grown it out for the wedding to give myself more options and was just sick of it. It's grown back out now, I just needed a break from it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dont-itwe?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bf438891-33f5-4940-a29b-deecd3c84cffPost:0f84b882-f40e-4cfd-b8e4-d1b49f31b2ee">Re: I don't get it/we get it?</a>:
    [QUOTE]numbers- Read this story. It kind of goes along with what you were saying. <a href="http://news.yahoo.com/why-gay-parents-may-best-parents-131902676.html" rel="nofollow">http://news.yahoo.com/why-gay-parents-may-best-parents-131902676.html</a>
    Posted by SEWF[/QUOTE]

<div>The family I was talking about that fit so many of the stats they mentioned. The kids were all over 6, one was biracial and he had learning disabilities as well. Didn't matter though, parents raised them well, all the kids are doing great. </div>
  • I don't get the wife chop either. It took me FOREVER to grow my hair out, I'm not cutting it just because I'm off the market.

Plus, the last time I had a bob, I was walking down the street and my shadow looked like a penis. Not a good look for me.

25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dont-itwe?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bf438891-33f5-4940-a29b-deecd3c84cffPost:5e54df72-dc91-44ac-91bd-b3f60ebefc31">Re: I don't get it/we get it?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't get people that call to tell me they sent me an email and then tell me everything the emails says. Either just call me and tell me the details or just send the damm email. I prefer email but whatever either ONE is fine!
    Posted by DodgersBride[/QUOTE]

<div>Urgh I hear ya, and here's a story for you.  I called a family member of mine (who usually responds quickly to email and didn't) and ended up talking to them in detail because they said they weren't going to be online for awhile to check it.  It hadn't been more than 10 minutes when my phone flashes and I have an email with their response after we had JUST spoken about it on the phone.  They thought having it in writing was better.  Frig.</div>
  • The OOTD on the Fashion&Beauty board on TN. I don't get it. There are only 2, maybe 3 posters I look forward to seeing everyday because their outfits are fun. Everyone else wears the exact same thing, day in, day out. It's so boring. I'm no fashion guru but if you're going to post in OOTD at least have some reasonable fashion sense.

Everyone on FB: I get it. Indiana's weather is stupid and weird. But, uh, it's like this every year. If you want stable conditions, move somewhere else.
  • Dodgers- YGPM
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_dont-itwe?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:bf438891-33f5-4940-a29b-deecd3c84cffPost:3a972b68-374c-45ce-97e3-c9d11b81ce92">Re: I don't get it/we get it?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The OOTD on the Fashion&Beauty board on TN. I don't get it. There are only 2, maybe 3 posters I look forward to seeing everyday because their outfits are fun. Everyone else wears the exact same thing, day in, day out. It's so boring. I'm no fashion guru but if you're going to post in OOTD at least have some reasonable fashion sense. <strong>Everyone on FB: I get it. Indiana's weather is stupid and weird. But, uh, it's like this every year. If you want stable conditions, move somewhere else.</strong>
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

<div>YES.  I'm from northern IN and people complained every.single.year. about this.  And I still see it on FB from my friends who are still in IN.  Come on.  This is not new.</div><div>
    </div><div>Also, when IN started doing daylight savings time a few years ago, everyone bitched for WEEKS about how their sleep schedule was SO messed up, now tired they were, etc. I can MAYBE understand 1 day of needing to get used to it.  But after that, you're (general you) just using it as an excuse to be a bitch. </div>
  • I prefer my hair in a bob personally, though I am growing it out a bit longer right now. I've never in my life had really long hair.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards