Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Foundation recommendations???

Hi Ladies,

I am trying to pick a good foundation for the wedding day that isn't too expensive.  I usually wear Bare Minerals, but I want something that provides a little more coverage.  Any advice would be great!

Re: Foundation recommendations???

• I wear Cover Girl's Tru Blend liquid foundation and pressed powder and I've always loved it.  It has nice coverage, doesn't cake at all and feels light...

Wow, I just sounded like a commercial :P
  • Bare minerals provides plenty of coverage, especially if you use the primer.
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_foundation-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:a533933c-6de1-44cc-b94c-fb55cd46dd25Post:bd964e91-2268-441e-adae-8d1e3cb6a744">Re: Foundation recommendations???</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bare minerals provides plenty of coverage, especially if you use the primer.
    Posted by ManyPenguins[/QUOTE]

Yes but then you could potentially be stuck appearing completely washed out in photos. Mineral makeup is NOT recommended for wedding wear because the high power flash of professional cameras will make you look like a ghost. Side note: I've never gotten better coverage from a primer, anyway. Staying power, yes but coverage, no. Interesting.

ANYWAY. I have been in LOVE with Estee Lauder Double-Wear lately. The coverage is flawless on my so not perfect skin and it makes my skin so silky. I have used Make Up For Ever, Chanel, Clinique, Mary Kay, Korean brands, etc etc and all the usual drug store brands but nothing compares for me. That being said, Revlon Colorstay has quite the fan club for a cheap heavy coverage foundation.
  • revlon photo ready, it's hd makeup, and it works great, nice moderate coverage and doesn't sit in lines or feel heavy, use it with a primer
  • I used Tarte foundation on my wedding day but also love Revlon Custom Creations
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! White Knot
  • I was talking about mixing the primer directly into the foundation before applying it. But I guess it depends on what route she's going with her pictures/photographer.
  • MAC's cream foundation provides really great coverage, and I don't think it has SPF or minerals in it. It completely covered my acne scars, and I can even use it as an under eye concealer. 
  • I second Mac cream foundation, but it's on the pricier side. I use Diorskin Sculpt, again, expensive, but one bottle ($60) lasts me 6 months. Foundation is the one thing I splurge on for the extra coverage and an exact match to my skin tone. I suggest going to a department store for foundation, but if that's truly out of your price range, just be wary of ALL mineral makeups and powders. Most of them (including the MAC powders) have light reflectors in them that won't do you justice in the pictures. 
  • I am planning on doing my makeup for the wedding so I tested it out for my engagement pictures. I used Rimmel Long lasting Finish. I normally don't like liquid foundation but this feels really light and doesn't clog my pores or make my skin icky. I applied it with a good foundation brush to even it out and then covered it with Matte Bare Minerals because I love that stuff. Here is a link to some engagement pictures. I'm happy with the foundation part..now to just work on the eyes....

http://rkphoto.zenfolio.com/p177829539
  • Smashbox Camera Ready--it's a medium to full coverage cream foundation that works great with the camera. I'm wearing it in my siggy pic below.

DO NOT wear mineral makeup for your wedding!

Glenna Harding Photography
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards