Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Card Box idea/Citizens Bank Park

Ok, so some of you may remember me from last month when I first posted about my vintage Phillies themed reception?

If not, I'm having a vintage Phillies-themed reception- powder blue/maroon as the primary colors and a bunch of other little things centered around baseball but not overwhelmingly baseball if you kwim.

Anyway... one of my big projects I decided to take on if we go through with our original wedding idea was to make a card box replica of CBP. At least the top portion of the card box  will be CBP and the bottom will be our engagement photos at CBP. 

My question is this... where do I find photos of CBP that aren't aerial view photos so that I can try to piece it together to get an idea of what I need to draw and where? FI and I are going to two Phillies games this weekend and I could try to get photos myself but if I can have more "professional" looking photos for this process, that would be helpful. The other thing I could do is buy a small replica of it which I imagine they may have at Majestic. If not, where would be a good place to find something like that?

TIA!!! 

Oh and I know I said vintage and CBP doesn't fit that description but the Vet wasn't very pretty! Not to mention, CBP is where FI and I will have our e-pics taken so it works in my eyes :-)
Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Card Box idea/Citizens Bank Park

• Options
    Megaboo1116Megaboo1116 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry... I see I repeated my ideas a bunch! I'm excited about getting this project started especially since I may keep it a surprise from FI
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Regarding the replicas- if Majestic doesn't have what you are looking for, you should check out a sports memorabilla collection store (I have seen them in the malls...).
    Also- regarding non aerial pics- check out some local art stores (the ones in the malls- I know the Springfield mall in delco has one) because I have seen some paintings and blown up pictures there of CBP- that might work for the "professional" pictures that you wanted to see...

hope that helps but probably won't :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This may seem a little too much work but I thought of something that may be kind of cool. CBP is an octagon shape. You can go to CBP and take a picture of each side of the exterior. There is a free program I found online that will let you "stitch" all those photos together to make one large panaramic. You can go to http://www.photoartomation.com/ArtWork/Panoramic.htm and get it printed. I would think the 10" by 50" would work perfect. If your fiance is handy he can build an octagon shaped box out of wood then you would just wrap the print around the box and it would look exactly like the outside of the ballpark. Then on the top you would put the engagement photos. It is probably more work than you would want to do though. I just thought it would be different and that way your guests can see your engagement pictures when they are putting the cards in the slot as opposed to being on the bottom.
  • Options
    Megaboo1116Megaboo1116 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks! I will definitely be looking into that panorama website if I totally give up on trying to draw it myself. My photographer said he will take photos of all the different angles when we go to CBP for our e-pics. I guess that's the good thing about our photographer being a friend of the family :-)

I'm so excited to get this project started but since our e-pics aren't until next month, it's gonna be a while :-(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards