Honeymoon Discussions

Oahu, Hawaii...did you book the trip on your own or through a travel agent.

I'm wondering if travel agents actually save you money and how? I did get one quote but the prices of the room per night were the same on the website. I could just book it myself. I know I won't be saving a lot of money since we're traveling in mid December which is peak season over there.

Re: Oahu, Hawaii...did you book the trip on your own or through a travel agent.

• I would say do it yourself.  My aunt is a travel agent and I have used her a couple of times and her prices are always the same or more than what I find on expedia or similar sites.
  • We booked our Honolulu honeymoon on expedia. We didn't compare with travel agents, but for flights, hotel (8 nights), and rental car, we came in under $3,000. Flights to HI from PA are crazy expensive, so that's where most of the budget went.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I was alllll ready to book my flight and hotel through expedia. i found a way better price there than any other travel site or travel agent. But then I came accross Colleen at Simply Honeymoons. This lady is awesome! I gave her the pricing i found at Expedia and she matched that and went down $10 per person! It was nice because she sent us a packet with all our info in one place, all personalized, and we got extras through her like a room upgrade, welcome basket, and even a packed picket lunch and discounts at the spa. Our honeymoon isnt till September but i am very thrilled with her so far!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We used a travel agent to book our Hawaii honeymoon, but that was because we wanted to visit more than 1 island.  It made more sense to have someone else deal with all of the island hopping flights.  If you're only going to Oahu, you can probably book by yourself.  Buy a travel book or two and figure out what you want to go visit!

Our TA gave us some tips on where we should go and when we should do it, but you can get all of that info in a travel book. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_oahu-hawaiidid-you-book-the-trip-on-your-own-or-through-a-travel-agent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:b431f6c8-0203-43d9-9e75-24e2990cc9faPost:ab1ad850-00a6-4c3f-9331-f0afe5f37bcb">Re: Oahu, Hawaii...did you book the trip on your own or through a travel agent.</a>:
    [QUOTE]We booked our Honolulu honeymoon on expedia. We didn't compare with travel agents, but for flights, hotel (8 nights), and rental car, we came in under $3,000. Flights to HI from PA are crazy expensive, so that's where most of the budget went.
    Posted by KBSK12[/QUOTE]

Wow you got all that for under $3000. I'm looking at 6 nights at the Hilton Hawaiian Village for just 6 nights and the hotel and flights come out to a little more than $3000. I guess it's the time frame because I can't find a single flight for less than $1000 with tax and fees and we're coming from Florida.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_oahu-hawaiidid-you-book-the-trip-on-your-own-or-through-a-travel-agent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:b431f6c8-0203-43d9-9e75-24e2990cc9faPost:9246f250-1a66-421f-93f7-4eadfa18b935">Re: Oahu, Hawaii...did you book the trip on your own or through a travel agent.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oahu, Hawaii...did you book the trip on your own or through a travel agent. : Wow you got all that for under $3000. I'm looking at 6 nights at the Hilton Hawaiian Village for just 6 nights and the hotel and flights come out to a little more than $3000. I guess it's the time frame because I can't find a single flight for less than $1000 with tax and fees and we're coming from Florida.
    Posted by marichella21[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it could be the time you book.  FI booked all of our reservations in March. Shop around, and like PP's said, you may be able to get a good deal with a TA. There's a lot of factors that can go into pricing.
  • I forgot to add that our price included travel insurance, if that makes a difference.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards