New Jersey

Personalized beverage napkins

Did anyone order napkins where you uploaded your own monogram?
I've seen a lot of cute designs on websites where you plug in your initials, but I would like to be able to upload this "image" to the napkins and have the date underneath.

I'm thinking raspberry napkins with the monogram in white. (Not that the colors really pertain to the question) 
I found one website, but you have to pay $50 just for them to use your image, and the doesn't go towards the price of the napkins.

Any help/direction would be greatly appreciated!
Photobucket

Re: Personalized beverage napkins

• sgdc2011sgdc2011
    1000 Comments
    edited December 2011
    Do you really need personalized napkins?  Will people really notice your monogram vs. one that the website generated?  Think about what's important to you then decide if $50 just for the design is worth it.  If it is, go for it.  Most places that you can upload you own design is going to charge you a fee. 
  • edited December 2011
    When I was thinking of doing these last week (a very quick passing thought, haha), I was looking at the site below and found some that you could upload your own design for:

http://www.partybasics.com/configure/configure.aspx?design=Custom_Personalized_Beverage_Napkins&model=napkin.tcx&SKU=PBPBC
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kellybee83kellybee83
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Comments
    edited December 2011
    Do I NEED them, no.  Would I LIKE them yes, that's why I asked the question.  I've worked in the hospitality industry for 10 years (no I'm not a vendor), I always feel as though the little personal touches are what make a wedding.  That being said, I won't spend $50 just to use my image, I think that's a waste of money.  I was simply asking if anyone knew if there were other sites that didn't charge a fee (or a much lower fee).
    Photobucket
  • sgdc2011sgdc2011
    1000 Comments
    edited December 2011
    Vista Print Maybe?
  • edited December 2011
    This is something I have never even thought of - is this something a lot of ppl do? I should have thought of this but its prob too late now- its a cute detail, but how do you know how many to order? And do you have to check w/ the venue to see if its OK to use these?
  • kellybee83kellybee83
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Comments
    edited December 2011
    No, you don't have to check with your venue.  Just drop them off when you drop off your other day of "stuff".  Have them put some on the cocktail stations, some on the bars, and give others to the servers who are butler passing the hors d'oeuvres.  It's a cute touch.  I'm thinking of ordering 400 or 500. 

I'm probably going to order from one of these websites.
    http://myweddingreceptionideas.com/
    http://www.partybasics.com/

But there are so many others if you don't want to upload your own artwork.
    I loved this one, you can customize their napkins a ton of different ways. 
    http://www.foryourparty.com/designyourownnapkins.php

Some of the sites only take a couple days to print and ship, and most have rush delivery if it takes longer. 

That all being said you definitely don't need them.  So I wouldn't stress over it.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011

We are having napkins, matchbooks and cookie bags printed with our design, names and date. My fiance has a restored 1975 chevy truck and his best man has a graphic design degree and love to draw, so he took the classic "just married" car picture with the cans on the backend and made it Matt's Truck as our design.

We are having ours made from annsbridalbargain.com  I spoke to someone using their online chat and he said its a $15 charge to have them create a die for the design and then I can have it printed on the napkins, matchbooks and bags. So its just a one time fee. I just have to call and speak with a customer service rep when I place my order rather that completely going online to order. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • blueikaosblueikaos
    100 Comments Second Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    If you are crafty, google DIY monogramed napkins.  You can get waterproof stamp ink and stamps and make your own.  You can choose to leave them just stamped, or go the extra mile to emboss them. 

Some stamp sites even have custom monogramed stamps made for around $5.

No i haven't done this yet, but this is the exact thing I was researching today.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hi! we are trying to do this too... with a custom "logo" for our wedding. who did you end up using? thanks so much!
    maria

maria.dalessandro at gmail dot com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards