New Jersey

Best Cider Donuts Near Basking Ridge

I plan on using an outside bakery or farm to provide cider donuts, pies, and the like at my fall wedding at the Olde Mill Inn this October. Wightman Farm keeps coming up, but I don't know much about it, or any of the other farms/bake shops in the area (I grew up in the South Brunswick/Princeton area). Suggestions from any sugar pros out there?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Best Cider Donuts Near Basking Ridge

• Hey from the Princeton area :)

Wightman's can be a bit pricey (especially for pumpkins), but is one of my favorite places.  The baked goods are all very good and fresh, and my mom always splurges on donuts while we're there.  I'm not a huge donut fan, but do like their powdered donuts - very fresh (and now I'm craving one...)

If you'd be up for hauling the pies, there is A&M on 130, just south of Hightstown.  We are pretty strict about baking everything from scratch for holidays, and still go out of our way to get one of their caramel apple pies every Thanksgiving.  It's seriously one of the best pies I've ever had (as are their other flavors we've tried.)
    Anniversary
  • agu101agu101 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Delicious Orchards in Colts Neck.  Their apple cider donuts are amazing!!!!  Also great pies and cookies.
    Anniversary Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com
  • Have you looked into Terhune Orchards?  I think its about an hour away - but their stuff is delicious!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I second Terhune Orchards. They're really great!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Not exactly near Basking Ridge, but Battleview Orchards in Freehold makes delicious cider donuts!  Last time I was there I waited over half an hour in line just to get some hot ones.  :)

• I don't have any suggestions for you; just wanted to say how much I love the idea!
  • Thanks niolani :)

Thanks everyone for all the great suggestions!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards