New Jersey
Options

Alterations recommendation

I am getting married out of state, and I bought my wedding gown out of state, but I live here (north Jersey, NYC area) and need to get it altered here (shortening, which needs to be done from the waist, the bustle, and taking in the bust - so a decent amount of stuff).  I'm pretty much terrified of choosing a place and I wish so much that I could just get it done at the shop where I bought it... but that is impossible. 

So tell me, who would you trust with this job??  Preference of course to somewhere with affordable prices, but I'm more worried about trusting them!
TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
IVF Oct/Nov 2012
Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
Cautiously optimistic.

Re: Alterations recommendation

• Options
    KocurFineArtKocurFineArt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would check on Yelp. That's what I do for just about EVERYTHING. I've never looked for this type of thing on there, but I'm sure it's there. See what people are saying about seamstresses in your area, then you can make a decision from there. I would also call a few of those places and get quotes based on the work you need done.

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know how far North Brunswick is from you but I used a woman named Nesrin.  She works out of her home and does fantastic work.  A few knotties used her when I was planning.  Email me if you are interested in her phone number,  moscatelloc @ hotmail

I have full reviews in my siggy.
    imageimage
  • Options
    smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend Hollywood Bridal in Kennilworth and they cap their bridal alterations at $250
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_alterations-recommendation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:481c56c2-8358-4810-8770-9d1385e58524Post:37a0a919-a63e-4452-a129-239473d79b89">Re: Alterations recommendation</a>:
    [QUOTE]I highly recommend Hollywood Bridal in Kennilworth and they cap their bridal alterations at $250
    Posted by smw42[/QUOTE]

<font color="#008080">Ditto this!!!
    I am wearing my cousin's dress ~ and had it altered at Hollywood.
    They only charged me $190 for a whole bunch of alterations!</font>
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Being married is a real thriller! =)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards