Florida-North Florida

silk flowers got in!!!!

So excited to finally see them in person and they look even better in person than in pics (a little smushed, but that can be easily fixed). I will post pics once I get a centerpiece made...not even going to start that tonight, especially since I've got family staying with me over Thanksgiving, so maybe next week.

NWR....just ordered a Wii from Dell for only $180. Also got the AE Sports Active Bundle to finally start working out...and the new Super Mario Brothers.

Not sure whether I'm more excited about the flowers or the Wii and stuff Laughing 
ExerciseMilestone

Re: silk flowers got in!!!!

• lifeizbeachylifeizbeachy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your flowers! Where did you get them? I have been considering usings silks for decor and real for bouquets myself.

I love my Wii, they have a new Work Out game coming out today and it is taking all of my will power not to go buy it. It's called Shape Up. It comes with a camera so you see your self on tv working out next to your trainer so you can see if you are doing it right. It also shows the calories you have burned and they rate you on percentage of how correctly you are doing the exercises etc... The cool part is you don't have to hold nunchucks ot use the Wii for balance board. Everything is observed thru the camera.

I have asked for ir and EA sports for Christmas so fi would kill me if I ran out and bought it, but I am all about imediate gratification!  LOL
  • edited December 2011
    The flowers are from afloral.com. They are vey reasonably priced and there are online coupon codes out there (I used the code 'twitter' and got 10% off). They also offer free shipping if you spend a certain amount.

When I ordered the site said it would take weeks for the flowers to show up, but they showed up in less than one week (part of the reason I am so excited about them getting here).

They have lots of pre-made bouqets. I wound up spending $250 on 21 of them. I am using them as-is for the BM's (only 4 of them & will be wrapping stems in ribbon), using 2 of them to make my bouqet (wrapping stems in ribbon and adding some crystal sprays I got for 75 cents from Hobby Lobby), and deconstructing the rest for use in boutineres (sp??), centerpieces, and other decorations.

The Wii should get here by the 14th....and I keep looking at more games I want...the FI is going to kill me if I keep spending money on them though.
    ExerciseMilestone
  • janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so jealous you have a Wii!  I so want one.

Pictures of the flowers?  I was going to order from Afloral, but I decided to do real flowers instead.
  • edited December 2011

The new Super Mario Brothers game completely sold me on getting a Wii, that, and I can use it to work out at home. I have also never seen one below $200, so getting it on sale made me feel a bit better about the purchase... I also keep telling myself it was a 'Merry Christmas to me' purchase Laughing (the FI and my son will love it too, so it is a gift to all of us...even though I will be using it before Christmas). Confession...I put it on my Dell Preferred Account, but hopefully I'll be able to pay it off before I rack up too much interest.

The bouqets have ivory roses, a small white flower I don't know the name of, white hydrangeas with green accents, lavender lisianthus, and the blue anenomes with the black centers. It is very much a spring mix, and the pics don't do it justice as you can't see all the variation in the blooms and colors. They're a bit smashed from shipping (they put all 21 bouqets in one large box), but I will fluff one up and post a (good) pic tomorrow (having dinner with the fam tonight....shrimp boil...yummy!!!!).

ExerciseMilestone
  • lifeizbeachylifeizbeachy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the 411 on the flowers!

You will love your Wii it's an awesome family activity, I love it because I suck at other games but can actually beat my fi at Wii!  Yay me!  heh hehTongue out 
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, I suck at most other gaming systems, but I can actually play and win witht he Wii.
    ExerciseMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    Flower pics (I feel like crap today...sinus infection...so I know I won't be starting the centerpieces, I barely had to motivation to do the pics). They are a bit smashed still, but I have plenty of time to work with them.

Top view:

Side view:

ExerciseMilestone
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards