New York-Long Island

Engagement Party Favors

For the past month I've been starting to get ideas for our engagement party which is in June. One of the things I've been looking into is favors. Me and my mother have been discussing different things we can give out as favors and I suggested Chocolate lollipops in the shape of an engagement ring. My personal opinion, I would rather give out something that my guests will use. My mother on the other hand doesn't think its a good enough favor. What do you girls think? We're having it at the yacht club in Brooklyn so it isn't really fancy fancy and it's a Sunday afternoon affair.

TIA!

Re: Engagement Party Favors

• Favors for an engagement party really aren't necessary at all (and I've been to multiple engagement parties and not been given favors at all and not been bothered by it) so frankly, whatever you pick would just seem like a cool bonus to me as a guest.  I vote go with what you like.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Really? I've been to several engagement parties and all of them gave out favors. I guess it depends on people's preferences.
  • I like the chocolate lollipop idea. Engagement party shouldn't be treated like a wedding, in terms of favors. So something small like that would be totally fine.

FI and I got engaged in Key West, so we did a Key West theme for our engagement party and did Key Lime Margarita mix for favors.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That's such a cute idea!
  • We our having our engagement party end of February, so my mom and I have been discussing this as well!  We found a cool website for favors   www.beau-coup.com we are doing the frosted plastic glasses which are personalized with our names and the date we got engaged.   They aren't that expensive (depending on how many people you have) - I think we ordered 60 of them for $140. 

My mom didn't want to go "too cheap" and I thought favors for an engagement party were silly.  So, we compromised.   We went with the plastic glasses because for the wedding we are doing bar ware (stemless wine glasses and pint glasses) for favors.  So we are trying to keep to the same theme.  They are useful and personalized :)
  • Thanks! I checked out the website and they have soo many cute things!
  • imo the favors that are edible are the best. i cant imagine what i could take home that i'd actually like and use from only an engagement party you know?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards