Nebraska-Omaha

COORDINATOR GONE AT MAGNOLIA!!!!

OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!!! Leanna the coordinator is no longer at the Magnolia!!!!!!!!! Freakin out here! Got a call from the "Director" telling me she isn't there anymore! That girl loved what she did so I know she didn't leave on her own, and we had a great relationship so I know she would've called me if she had a chance to. I bet that "Director" had something to do with it!! There was something about what he said and how he said it that sounded VERY VERY FISHY!! My mom is sooooo MAD! We are spending a lot of money there and ONLY chose the location because of her! There were 2 other locations we were seriously thinking about but went to Magnolia because she was so genuine and knew what she was talking about on every topic we threw at her including those we never thought of!! My mom is going to call the General Manager and raise hell! Spread the word Knotties to everyone, anyone you know that is getting married there to raise hell and demand compensation and I bet they'll do something for you BUT YOU GOT TO SAY YOU BOOKED ONLY BECAUSE OF HER OR THEY PROBABLY WON'T TAKE IT SERIOUS ENOUGH. And tell everyone you know NOT to book there since the manager obviously don't know a good employee when they've got one!!! Who knows what weddings will be like now that she's gone!!!! Oh God, oh God, oh God, please make sure my wedding isn't a disaster!!!

Re: COORDINATOR GONE AT MAGNOLIA!!!!

• HuskerfanzHuskerfanz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you serious?  You have no idea what the circumstances are so don't make assumptions.  If you are that upset, have your wedding somewhere else. 

Your wedding is not going to be a disaster, regardless, unless the groom doesn't show up.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC #1 since 08/11 IUI#2 = BFP!
  • edited December 2011
    That is very stressful.  We were seriously considering Magnolia (but ended up booking The Durham instead) -- Leanna was so professional and organized, and we didn't get even a whiff of a suggestion that she would be leaving her position.  I hope it works out for you!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We had looked into the Magnolia, but neither one of us could ever get ahold of anyone. I forget how many messages we both left for them to call us back, and the one time the gal said she would call back when she had time to talk, she never did. I didn't have a good vibe so I scratched them off the list of options. Too bad...their venue is GORGEOUS. Anyway...we decided to go with DC Centre. Very happy (thus far). Good luck, honey.
    "The best thing about loving and being hurt is that you get to know what true love really is. For as gold is tested in fire, and so will love be perfected in pain."
    Planning Bio/Blog

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • HuskerfanzHuskerfanz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So since your other board posts say you will get married wherever she is, you must be moving your wedding which solves everything!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC #1 since 08/11 IUI#2 = BFP!
  • edited December 2011
    Are YOU serious? I took your first posting in stride, while appreciating the other two Knotties being so kind and sympathetic to my worries and concerns. And now you come back to this subject to post another one to me **AFTER** READING MY OTHER POSTINGS! THAT IS CREEPY! I suspected your 1st posting had a tone of snottiness to it and now your 2nd posting definitely does...... What is your problem? And, why are you still on this segment of The Knot? Seriously, 5,738 postings over (3) years? Do you have nothing better to do with your life that you even reply to "current" Knotties too, and this long after you've been married? Repeatedly replying at that? Just creepy! None of us need someone like this making harrassing comments to us with all the other concerns in life, and trying to plan our wedding on top of everything else for that matter. Please do not reply to my postings anymore.
  • erichter08erichter08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is horrible news regarding the Magnolia, I am also having my wedding there next June!! However, I have not received a call or an email saying LeAnna was no longer at the Magnolia!! I agree with you about how professional and knowledgable she was about the whole wedding process and that was one of the reasons my fiance and I and my parents chose this venue. I need to call my wedding planner to see if she's heard anything. I am just devastated.....
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you for the empathy and understanding "erichter"! It is a relief to hear someone else feels the same way. I suppose that only people who choose a place like the Magnolia and makes the hefty investment we are, can understand how important the relationship with the coordinator is and how their knowledge and caring means so much.
  • edited December 2011
    The Magnolia is a great place and I am sure that they will be sure to take care of your wedding. Just call them and express your thoughts in a calm and collected manner so they know what you are thinking. It will be fine.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank You
  • erichter08erichter08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I still have not heard from the Magnolia...I emailed LeAnna to see if I would get a reply but haven't. I think tomorrow I will call. I'm assuming they haven't called because they are finding a replacement. And I am sure that with the amount of money it costs to have a wedding/reception there, they will find someone highly qualified. 
  • RebeccaB1981RebeccaB1981 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My wedding is at the Magnolia in less than 3 months, and I have only heard through the grapevine about LeAnna being gone. We haven't been contacted by the hotel yet.
    You cannot plan a wedding without running into some road blocks, and when they happen, you can't let them get you so upset. My wedding will still be a wonderful and memorable day because I am marrying a great man, not because I have a good wedding coordinator. 
    Focus on what really matters - you and your fiancee.  

• edited December 2011
    Hello fellow Knotties! I just got engaged for my birthday, it was such a surprise and totally unexpected!! We are starting to look at places and are considering the Joslyn Museum, Joslyn Castle, Durham and Magnolia but, this posting has me a bit worried. Will you gals **who are getting married there** please let me know what is going on now? Have you received any more news yet?
  • vballbabe17vballbabe17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just a little update.  I'm also getting married at the Magnolia next May.  I emailed the GM and he got back to me saying they "made changes in staffing."  So she was let go.  He said he's working on weddings week by week and month by month.  He said they're trying to find someone but even if they do soon he doesn't see them up and running comfortably by themselves until September.  I'm very uneasy about this as well because she was fantastic at her job and making me feel comfortable about spending a large amount of money there.  We are only having our ceremony there but her and I went through the contract point by point.  He seemed to be pretty receptive but I'm still not at all thrilled about this situation or finding out this way.
  • edited December 2011
    Personally, I would have expected a phone call from them letting you guys know what's going on instead of finding out like this. I can only imagine what my nerves would be like if I were in that situation. You would think they would want to keep their clients up-to-date, especially considering the cost of it all. Sounds a bit unprofessional to me, but that's just my opinion.
    "The best thing about loving and being hurt is that you get to know what true love really is. For as gold is tested in fire, and so will love be perfected in pain."
    Planning Bio/Blog

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Magnolia in 5 weeks, and a bit nervous myself.
    Did anybody get ahold of the general manager?
    It was quite an expensive venue, and I didn't feel as though this was handled appropriately... I found out because I had questions, and sent multiple emails, with a reply back from the director, saying I should call as he had something to tell me about shift changes.
    I'm also quite nervous for the wedding and wondering if anybody had any compensation?
    Please let me know. I know things will be OK, but would still like some info.
    thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    I've been so BUSY that I haven't had time to post again for a while! I don't know how we all do this with work/school and planning a wedding too! After reading all the posts about the brides who are getting married there, their feelings towards this coordinator being so positive but more importantly about the way the hotel is handling it with the current brides has made me cross them off my list as a possibility. Beautiful property from the photos on their website but, planning a wedding is stressful enough, who needs to be bothered with a hotel who manages their business like this and lets a good employee go who was liked and respected by her brides! Good luck Knotties for those who are still having their wedding there.
  • RebeccaB1981RebeccaB1981 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    volley04 - I think you should still check out the Magnolia. Even though I liked LeAnna, the more we worked with her, we started to run into a few issues with her (she was telling us "no" to several reasonable requests that we had). After she was let go, we talked with the director about them, and he assured us that we would have everything we were asking for. The communication has been easier, and we are happier than before that we chose the hotel.  We hope it continues as we get closer to our wedding day......and I hope the other brides getting married there have the same experience!
  • edited December 2011
    RebeccaB, thanks for the update. I'm glad your experience has improved from your point of view. It is not surprising that the answers you are receiving now have changed to your favor though, I'm sure they are scrambling to make everyone happy since it has been said several times here that there are brides who are not happy over her being let go, they liked her too and those are only the brides who are Knotties and have chosen to say something. Think of all the ones we haven't heard from, the brides that don't even know yet because they are "taking it day by day, week by week" as the GM told "Vballbabe" according to her posting. A lot of places we've called are booked even into 2012 so that could be a lot more brides who don't even know about this yet. OR, what about brides who aren't even members of the Knot. And for those who think a good coordinator doesn't make a difference, oh yes they do and I know two people who really have had bad experiences with coordinators - it wasn't just receiving answers they didn't agree with either, and it did affect the overall experience thru the planning and on their wedding day. "Yes, we can or will do what you want" goes a long way to change someone's mind about their current opinion but, that doesn't mean it would be a standard answer under normal circumstances so I wouldn't be so quick to think the answers she gave you were wrong or she was being difficult with you. So Knotties based on what "RB" has said above, I would take advantage of their willingness to "make up for it" and go get 'em! So far, we haven't met any coordinators yet that we are impressed with, it sounds like she was a one of a kind compared to others in Omaha. For us considering Magnolia, there were just too many experiences/opinions shared here that we don't care to take a chance on for such an important day because once it is over we won't have another chance to experience it again.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards