Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

how much to spend on a band?

Hi,
I'm in talks with a local band that tours here in Memphis and plays a lot at clubs. I have gotten a quote for four hours of play at $2000 and am wondering if this is reasonable?
Thoughts?
My fiance and I adore this band...

Re: how much to spend on a band?

• edited December 2011
    That seems really reasonable if you like them.  We're going the DJ route and spending $1200 or so I think (I honestly can't remember oops).  He's the best in the area though.

For bands I would expect $2500-$3500 but depends on the area.  If you love them and have it in the budget- go for it!  Guests will likely remember the entertainment and the food ;)
  • GeauxTigers17GeauxTigers17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    $2000 sounds very reasonable to me. Ask recently married friends in your area, but ours has a base rate of $3000, and I'm in north Louisiana - not exactly a high-rent district like NYC or San Francisco or something. 

Edited to add that the band, bar, and food were the most important elements for us, so we were willing to shell out more for that. If it's not a priority for you, I'd understand that, but I still think it's a pretty good price. 
  • edited December 2011
    Whoa! the bands im looking at are 6,500 & up! 10 piece band tho...  In Boston!  
    boooooooooooooooooo :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards