Moms and Maids

after party

the wedding is on Friday.  we're inviting people to the house on Saturday.  if everyone is invited, how do we go about inviting. what time should the gathering start and end.  food is to be burgers, dogs, salads.  there will be a steel drum band for 3 hours.

Re: after party

• edited December 2011
    I've never heard of a party after the wedding, so I have no idea. I'm sure it is pretty informal, so it's up to you! I'm sure you can make it as early or late as you want. Mention it at the wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_after-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:bf247c65-8536-4019-9b75-542159c43cabPost:3972137d-9024-48b4-927e-0d21ac966cf0">after party</a>:
    [QUOTE]the wedding is on Friday.  we're inviting people to the house on Saturday.  if everyone is invited, how do we go about inviting. what time should the gathering start and end.  food is to be burgers, dogs, salads.  there will be a steel drum band for 3 hours.
    Posted by kaylbi[/QUOTE]

I'm confused. Is this cook out your reception?

If everyone is invited, then you need to convey this info on your invites. Date, time & place.
  • AutumnFairAutumnFair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm also a little confused about if everyone is invited or not. 

Basically, your having what it sounds like is a standard cookout (maybe a bit cooler with the band) so I think you can either just have it extra paper inserted with the invitation, do a seperate invitation altogether, or just do word of mouth. 
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the input.  This is not the reception.  That is immediately following the wedding on Friday.  This is a "destination" wedding of sorts and the get-together on Saturday is for people who are hanging around for the weekend.  I wasn't sure how to go about inviting but word of mouth sounds good.  Not sure what time frame to work with though.
  • edited December 2011
    That sounds like a lot of fun!  Start it whenever you like.
  • yoko2011yoko2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We're doing the same since we have a lot of OOT people we're hoping to spend time with. We're using separate invites. I would start later in the day based on when you think you can start without feeling rushed. We're spending the night at our venue so we're making sure we have time to get home, etc.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards