New Jersey

Need Idea for Wedding Reception North NJ or NYC

Hi All, This will be my first post on TK :)

I seem to simply not be finding the right wedding venue for me. I am not interested in your typical banquet call, yet have roughly 250+ people on my guest list, so the place has to be a little larger. Below is a list of all the places i have counted out. Perhaps a place that can be rented out but is NOT your normal wedding banquet hall. A restaurant, or a loft in the city, rooftop, tent or wine cellar!?! Any ideas?
No to Venetian, Florentine gardens, Crystal Palace, Pleasantdale Chateau, Liberty House. These are all beuatiful places, yet not the right feel for me.

ANY HELP!?!?! Somewhere in the NYC or North Jersey are (Bergen County)?

Re: Need Idea for Wedding Reception North NJ or NYC

• Hi and welcome!  I am going to send you a PM (private message) which you can see by clicking under Private Messages in the left column:

<-----------------------------------------------------------
  • the Stony Hill Inn in Hackensack.  the room's max capacity is 250, so with a few no's you'll be fine.  They were lovely to work with, too.
    ExerciseMilestone image
  • For NYC I would try contacting the Metropolitan Pavilion (they have several venue options), studio 450 or hudson boulevard hall, Bridgewaters. 
  • I love my helper at Meadowwood Manor in Randolph NJ.  It's easy to get to from Rt. 80 =) I don't know their capacity (we're having about 120) but it's PLENTY of room for us haha
  • LissyM83LissyM83 member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Tribeca Rooftop
    Lighthouse at Chelsea Piers
    Central Park Boathouse
    Capitale
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • check out The Mezzanine in Newark.  Its an old bank building that is run by the Frungillo caterers.  You rent out the space and pay the caterer seperately.  I've been to a weddin gthere and its large, but definitely unique.  The bar is the old bank teller booth, you can go into the old safe, the bridal suite is the old bank manager's office, its cool
  • Definitely check out The Wilshire Grand in West Orange. 
  • My cousin is getting married at the NY Botanical Gardens in the Bronx.  Their wedding is in May, so I haven't gone yet, but it looks beautiful and unique for sure! 
    imageAnniversary
  • What about the Newark Museum? 

We were going to look at the Midtown Loft & Terrace but found our venue prior to that appointment.  You would have to bring in your own caterer and such but the price to rent the space wasn't terrible, at all.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Im looking for the same thing! I dont want a typical "wedding" ballroom that has a wedding factory feel. Im expecting about 90-100 people being our max, so not a huge wedding by any means. Any suggestions are appreciated!
  • Try The Elan in Lodi (Bergen County)...it's new ...  It doesnt have that Catering/Banquet Hall feel to it and they have a room that holds up to 400 and smaller rooms, it's modern yet has a 1940's supper club feel to it.  The food is phemon...chef used to work at Budakan and Tribeca Grill..also had a restaurant  Caruso's in Paramus.  
    TheElan.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards