Military Brides

I Judge....

I am feeling really judgmental today. Plus it is prety slow around here so I thought I would try and get some discussion going.

First, I judge the people that take the elevator anything less than 5 floors(Unless you are old, injured or have a crap ton of stuff to take up).  I take the stairs every morning (4th floor), and I actually get there faster than people that take the elevator... I can't help but judge the crap out of the able bodied folk that take the elevators.

Second, I judge the people that put their bodies in danger and don't care (tanning (eww anyone see that woman), smoking, excessive drinking, etc). I judge myself too because I tanned for the wedding knowing full well the risks, and the continued to tan so I am not white for our honeymoon. AND I had a friend who died from complications from skin cancer. I'm not proud of it. I also judge the crap out of people who smoke, mainly because my grandmother died from lung cancer from second hand smoke..and it was a very painful process.

Third,(More light) I judge people that have a conference call and don't mute themselves, I know we are waiting for other people to join the call, but I don't want to hear you talk to your CW about weekend plans...
Photobucket

Re: I Judge....

• I'm so in a judgy mood.

I judge people who brag on FB constantly. I have sooo many braggers on my page, some who even TAG me on their bragging to make sure I see it. I don't give a flyingfuck about you lame ass "achievement", ohhhhh, 98% of the time.

I judge my SIL who accused my 4 year old niece of stealing an eye makeup remover from me. A.) what would she want/use that for? B.) It was in SIL's BAG, which was out of niece's reach C.) She (niece) had every opportunity to "steal" much more appealing items from me (bright eyeshadows & lipsticks at her reach) and was soooo respectful of my stuff. My verdict: SIL stole it so that she would have remover for Vegas.
    She even went as far as to have my niece leave me an apology VM! Ties=cut. Such a bitch.

I judge my boss (who is really cool normally,) for saying that we should allow China to be #1 because we've been #1 for "too long" and we should give others a chance. Ummmmmm, WHAT?!?!  <--- This was an actual conversation we had.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_i-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:f8c8351c-4dce-4c52-bb01-85172af0368fPost:6bb62f18-465e-44ba-9f82-f80b9105c1d2">Re: I Judge....</a>:
    [QUOTE] I judge my boss (who is really cool normally,) for saying that we should allow China to be #1 because we've been #1 for "too long" and we should give others a chance. Ummmmmm, WHAT?!?!  <--- This was an actual conversation we had.
    Posted by CAB1217[/QUOTE]

<div>Good thinking Boss man. I mean, China's got a <em>great </em>value system. Their grand strategy is <em>exactly</em> what should prevail.</div>
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_i-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:f8c8351c-4dce-4c52-bb01-85172af0368fPost:e87d9744-cc80-42b7-b49e-8b0bdc0618d3">Re: I Judge....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I Judge.... : Good thinking Boss man. I mean, China's got a great value system. Their grand strategy is exactly  what should prevail.
    Posted by WishIcouldbeinthe'stan[/QUOTE]

He's totally all about puppy dogs and rainbows. He thinks we should all hold hands and take turns! How <em>cute.</em>
  • I have a crapton of RSVP judges right now. IDK who I judge more: the people who can't find their mailboxes or have the decency to respond to a facebook message when they are ON facebook posting crap, or the people who add people to the RSVP card who weren't on there. 

I judge people who put up all these pictures on facebook about being Christian and loving Jesus but yet every other status they put up is totally awful/demeaning/disrespectful of the opposite sex or is just downright nasty. I read a lot of statuses I really don't care to read because they're ugly, and most of the time these people get the boot from my facebook...but really, don't be posting on your page about how much you love Jesus one minute and how everyone who doesn't repost your picture is going to Hell and then come back with all these negative/demeaning/ugly posts. Nobody likes a hypocrite, and I'm pretty sure Jesus cares a bit more about how you treat and talk about other people than he does about whether or not you hit that "share" button.

I judge people who tell me that they know what it's like being in an LDR because their SO lives 45 minutes away. Really? Please.

wedding1 Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_i-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:f8c8351c-4dce-4c52-bb01-85172af0368fPost:b6a82ea8-a6f5-4aa6-8014-fca47e591932">I Judge....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am feeling really judgmental today. Plus it is prety slow around here so I thought I would try and get some discussion going. First, I judge the people that take the elevator anything less than 5 floors(Unless you are old, injured or have a crap ton of stuff to take up).  I take the stairs every morning (4th floor), and I actually get there faster than people that take the elevator... I can't help but judge the crap out of the able bodied folk that take the elevators. Second, I judge the people that put their bodies in danger and don't care (tanning (<strong>eww anyone see that woman</strong>), smoking, excessive drinking, etc). I judge myself too because I tanned for the wedding knowing full well the risks, and the continued to tan so I am not white for our honeymoon. AND I had a friend who died from complications from skin cancer. I'm not proud of it. I also judge the crap out of people who smoke, mainly because my grandmother died from lung cancer from second hand smoke..and it was a very painful process. Third,(More light) I judge people that have a conference call and don't mute themselves, I know we are waiting for other people to join the call, but I don't want to hear you talk to your CW about weekend plans...
    Posted by AmandaSC1988[/QUOTE]

OMG, she so reminded me of that one spongebob episode where they all go to the "bleached" level. It's ridiculous and TOTALLY unappealing.

I will do my judgy post in a little bit, just finishing up a project. 
  • I'm judging John Edwards right now. I hope he goes to jail.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_i-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:f8c8351c-4dce-4c52-bb01-85172af0368fPost:7f8f0589-ab3b-4f87-b81e-b8f7ec57e9ac">Re:I Judge....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm judging John Edwards right now. I hope he goes to jail.
    Posted by TeamBaby[/QUOTE]

No lie!!!!! UGH he makes me sick!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_i-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:f8c8351c-4dce-4c52-bb01-85172af0368fPost:7f8f0589-ab3b-4f87-b81e-b8f7ec57e9ac">Re:I Judge....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm judging John Edwards right now. I hope he goes to jail.
    Posted by TeamBaby[/QUOTE]

Yup.
  • I'll play. I judge this military wife I'm friends with on Facebook who decided to go on a public rant about how people have no idea what it's like being married to the military, including a comment like 'shut the eff up about missing your H while he's gone for a weekend bc MINE is gone for MONTHS at antime' . I mean, we all have those days but IMO that's a pretty immature way to handle it. I judge people who start planning their wedding on pinterest without being in a relationship at all, and failed to change their settings so it's not all over Facebook. Don't they know people can see that? Are they trying to scare off guys? I judge myself for judging others instead of doing my work haha!
  • I judge my coworker that threw a fit because we didn't agree on a rule that she wants to change. I want to keep it the way it is and enforce. I judge her because she said she's graduating in 3 years because she can't afford a 4th. That's bullshit. Shes graduating in 3 so she graduates with her fiance. She also stormed out crying and my boss went to coddle her. So pissed
  • LambbopLambbop member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_i-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:f8c8351c-4dce-4c52-bb01-85172af0368fPost:9af5e553-44d5-456b-b519-4fc04c0fd651">Re: I Judge....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a crapton of RSVP judges right now. IDK who I judge more: the people who can't find their mailboxes or have the decency to respond to a facebook message when they are ON facebook posting crap, or the people who add people to the RSVP card who weren't on there. Posted by firemedicrr[/QUOTE]

AMEN! I don't understand what's so hard about checking a little box and throwing a prepaid postcard in the mail. I don't care if you're not coming... Just. Tell. Me. Now.

I judge people who say "well you knew what you were getting into when you decided to marry someone in the military." No one ever tells civilian couples "well you knew what you were getting into when you started this relationship."

I mean yeah, we all know that there are givens in military relationships... but there are other challenges you don't expect just like in any other relationship. Just because my FI happens to be a soldier doesn't mean I deserve that "you knew what you were getting in to" lecture when we face challenges.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CAB- to funny!

I judge the phantom shiiter that has invaded the bathroom at work and refuses to use the spray that is provided. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_i-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:f8c8351c-4dce-4c52-bb01-85172af0368fPost:5d9a84c5-9b9d-4c29-bea9-bcb84fa6df7e">Re: I Judge....</a>:
    [QUOTE]CAB- to funny! I judge the phantom shiiter that has invaded the bathroom at work and refuses to use the spray that is provided. 
    Posted by crownsuperstar[/QUOTE]

Ewwwwww! LOL!
  • I judge myself for drinking a nice big glass of wine before my finals.

But seriously, its gonna help me through this :P
  • I use the elevator to go from the 5th floor to the 6th floor every day when I get to work. Judge away.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_i-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:f8c8351c-4dce-4c52-bb01-85172af0368fPost:9c08f30b-9df5-47f9-8d44-a4bed84e9338">Re:I Judge....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I use the elevator to go from the 5th floor to the 6th floor every day when I get to work. Judge away.
    Posted by Sammy0709[/QUOTE]

I totally use the elevator for 1 floor ha ha!

I have another one. I judge people who <u>don't</u> vaccinate their children.

OMG! ETA! Ha ha! I wrote DO when I meant DON'T!
  • I use the elevator for one floor too unless at the gym then I feel like I should "warm" my legs for class. HAAA
  • kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Well fuucckkk I ride elevators whenever I can! So judge away as well. For the record we lived on the 5th floor in Japan and power was out whenever there was big aftershocks. It was NOT fun fuucking walling up the flights of stairs with bags of groceries!!!
  • AND I judge people who drink and drive but, who doesn't. Then there's SIL who thinks that a couple thousand dollar fine for a DUI isn't fair. Trust me, you got off easy considering you didn't kill yourself or someone else.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_i-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:f8c8351c-4dce-4c52-bb01-85172af0368fPost:5c902197-fff6-4539-a43f-88f78eb02744">Re:I Judge....</a>:
    [QUOTE]AND I judge people who drink and drive but, who doesn't. Then there's SIL who thinks that a couple thousand dollar fine for a DUI isn't fair. Trust me, you got off easy considering you didn't kill yourself or someone else.
    Posted by Sammy0709[/QUOTE]

AMEN.

I judge my H who apparantly decided he doesn't give a fuuck that I HATE when he dips because a) it's completely disgusting and b) I would prefer to spend the rest of our lives doing fun things and raising a family rather than in a hospital getting chemo treatments and having his jaw removed. Because right now, he was dipping right in front of me.
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    Wow Binx, I'm sure you're furious!  I'd be pretty pissed, too.  I know how big of an issue that's been for you guys.

I judge my high school classmate who has gone through the most awkward Facebook breakup on earth - hourly updates, and then passive-aggressively announcing a pregnancy and then hypothesizing on whether or not she should terminate.  I get that it's a personal decision, and I'm really pro-choice, but I think it's a very intimate and difficult decision and shouldn't be decided on a Facebook poll. WTF?!  To be fair, I don't think she's even pregnant - it was too coincidental with him breaking up with her and her 'discovering' two days later that she was pregnant.  I think she's doing it all to hurt him, but that's a really f-ed up way to hurt someone.

I judge the doctor FI went to for his broken finger.  Apparently he billed the insurance for a 'surgery' when he never even touched FI's finger - just gave him a little plastic molded splint.  So now FI has a $350 bill on top of the $120 he already paid in cash, and the insurance company paid out over $800.  I think for a 20 minute office visit and a plastic molded splint, the $800 and the $120 already paid should be more than sufficient!  FI now is fighting the $350 and has to tell the doctor he'll report him for fraud for claiming he conducted a surgery to get more money.  This isn't the first time a doctor has had fake billing in Miami - I saw a podiatrist for an ingrown toenail once, and he suggested I get orthodics, but I didn't want them so I declined.  He went ahead and billed my insurance company for them anyway!

I judge myself for being on here playing "I judge" rather than packing... so... bye!

Anniversary

• You can call judge me for this...

But I am working on a project at work for a new uniform ordering process and I am judging the fact that we have to give the option of having a 6XL shirt. I feel terrible, but it begs the question if they can they even properly perform their jobs at that size? (Working at a Gas Station...standing all day)
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_i-judge?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:f8c8351c-4dce-4c52-bb01-85172af0368fPost:61c28b46-01c5-4b27-abd6-940cf016cb29">Re: I Judge....</a>:
    [QUOTE]You can call judge me for this... But I am working on a project at work for a new uniform ordering process and I am judging the fact that we have to give the option of having a 6XL shirt. I feel terrible, but it begs the question if they can they even properly perform their jobs at that size? (Working at a Gas Station...standing all day)
    Posted by AmandaSC1988[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I judge this, too.... so I won't judge you for it. Everyone can judge us together!! lol</div><div>
    </div><div>I also judge:</div><div>
    </div><div>a) clothing companies for making certain clotes above a size large. I'm sorry, but some styles should not be worn if you're 3XL</div><div>
    </div><div>b) people who wear clothes that are 2 sizes too small. You're the only one that can see the tag, and I'm sure those jeans would be cuter if they didn't give you a jumbo size muffin top.</div>
    wedding1 Anniversary
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Fire & Amanda, that brings back the point about judging skinny people who judge fat people.  It just rubs everyone the wrong way. 

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards