New Hampshire

Seamstress Recommendations for Dress Alterations in NH?

I'm trying to find a good seamstress to alter my wedding dress somewhere near the Salem NH area. So far 2 that I'm considering are Margaret's Alterations in Salem NH and Dressmaking by Dolly in Hudson NH. Has anyone used these before? Is there anyone else that you'd recommend in the area who's good and can give me an affordable prices?

-Elisabeth

Re: Seamstress Recommendations for Dress Alterations in NH?

• edited December 2011
    I know that Emily used Dress Making by Dolly and was very happy with her work (and the price!).
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • edited December 2011
    I just Margaret and I loved her.  Her prices were really really good compared to other prices I had heard about. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    My wedding dress is at Dolly's right now.  She's holding it until I'm ready for my alterations.  But, she's altered my friends wedding dresses (yes, she had two) and all of her bridesmaid dresses (I was one of them) and they came out perfect and the price was too!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-hampshire_seamstress-recommendations-dress-alterations-nh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:101Discussion:c51fce3e-bf51-4543-9db5-d96d8fe9d2c7Post:772e0593-e09b-4106-824b-a2e5a725c087">Re: Seamstress Recommendations for Dress Alterations in NH?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My wedding dress is at Dolly's right now.  She's holding it until I'm ready for my alterations.  But, she's altered my friends wedding dresses (yes, she had two) and all of her bridesmaid dresses (I was one of them) and they came out perfect and the price was too!!!!
    Posted by JennLaura[/QUOTE]

May I ask what you had done to your BM dress and the cost?  Although I used Margaret for my wedding dress, Hudson is far more convenient since I just moved to Nashua. 
  • edited December 2011
    I know she shortened, fixed the straps so they wouldn't fall, and I think she put cups in the dress.  I'm pretty sure I only paid $50.00 for everything.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh I may call her tomorrow so that I can do it closer to home....did she have Saturday hours?
  • edited December 2011
    Oh and how far in advance should I call her for a June wedding?  I had to make my bridal appt so early but wasn't sure about BM dresses
  • I am looking for a seamstress to hem and bustle my Essence of Australia wedding gown in the Claremont/Lebanon area. Any suggestions? Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards