DC

Wedding Band?

Hi,

Does anyone know of any bands in the DC area that arent outrageously expensive? I am getting married 9/28/2013 in downtown DC and really was hoping for a live band. It seems a lot of the choices are way out of my budget but I really wanted someone under $5,000. I already have cocktail music and they will only be playing for 4 hours.

Any ideas much appreciated!

Thanks!

Re: Wedding Band?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_dc_wedding-band-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:57Discussion:4b4387bd-44cf-4d11-a9ba-7699ac078c2dPost:cc229dbe-a2b2-4034-a7df-3bd37e162e14">Wedding Band?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi, Does anyone know of any bands in the DC area that arent outrageously expensive? I am getting married 9/28/2013 in downtown DC and really was hoping for a live band. It seems a lot of the choices are way out of my budget but I really wanted someone under $5,000. I already have cocktail music and they will only be playing for 4 hours. Any ideas much appreciated! Thanks!
    Posted by tessb1125[/QUOTE]

So I booked Gypsy Wisdom (out of Philly) for my reception on Sept 14 in downtown DC. They're similar to Gonzo's Nose (IMO).  They are not a traditional wedding band, more of a pop band.  My sis saw them in Atlantic City and loved them.  So FI and I checked them out at Clarendon Grill in September.  I went back and saw them again with my girlfriends to make sure I really wanted them.  The lead vocalist, Courtney Jansen, has a fantastic voice, and the band's vibe in general is really high energy.  I'm super excited that they'll be playing our wedding.  The price was $4,000 plus 3 double bed hotel rooms.  I definitely thought this was a deal.  The song list on Anderson Entertainment is heavy on 90s, but they do a lot of other stuff not listed there.  I think they're coming back to Clarendon in February if you want to check them out.  Good luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards