Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Cupcakes -- what do we "cut"

This may be a stupid question, but frankly, I can't figure out the answer on my own :)

We're going to have cupcakes -- so we don't exactly have a piece of cake to 'feed' each other.  I'm not super torn up about it -- but wondered if we should just skip that part?  cut a cupcake?  thoughts?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Cupcakes -- what do we "cut"

• ekilzer1ekilzer1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could just get a small top tier made (or maybe a GIANT cupcake for you to cut in to).... 

Otherwise just feed each other a cupcake! No biggie! 
  • edited December 2011
    I would just cut a cupcake and call it good.
  • futurepivkofuturepivko member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i agree, if you dont want to incur the extra cost of a bigger cake to cut into, then just cut into a cupcake, or feed each other a cupcake.
  • edited December 2011
    I love the idea of cupcakes! I LOVE The idea of cutting into a large cupcake!!! That is so cute! That way your guests get the same dessert as you!
  • edited December 2011
    My FI and I are doing this, and we are going to have the cupcakes on a tower with the top level of the tower having a single 8-inch round cake for us to cut into.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Heather8505Heather8505 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I say simply feed the cupcake and don't "cut" anything...unless you do the idea of a larger cupcake which seems super cute.
    me and my two men image
  • JudieNJudieN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing cupcakes, and our cupcake people also include an 8-inch round cake for us to cut into. We chose the flavor, and they are decorating it to match our cupcakes.
  • edited December 2011
    I think feeding each other bites of cupcake would be ridiculously adorable!
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance doesn't really eat sweets, and I prefer cupcakes, so we're doing cupcakes too. Instead of trying to figure out a flavor that everyone will like, we get a whole bunch of flavors for less cost!  We're going to have a samll (6") cake made to do the cake cutting and save for our first anniversary. Then I can get whatever weird flavor I want and I don't have to worry about if everyone else likes it!
  • sarahlm619sarahlm619 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I thought the top small cake everyone mentioned was for the anniversary -- like janicejab said...

...but since everyone seemed to think that cutting the cupcake was a cute idea -- guess we'll just go with that!  Thanks everyone!!!
  • asimms12asimms12 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that you should cut a cupcake. Because the two of you feeding each other a whole cupcake would be a bit big so cut two small pieces off of one to do that so you get both photo opportunities of the cutting and the "feeding".

And cupcakes with a bunch of different flavors sounds like a great idea I might do that instead of a cake.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My husband and I shared a cupcake. It works out perfect because it ends up being about the right about of cake to share.

I like cupcakes, they're way better than normal cake. Cutting into a small round meant I wouldn't have gotten a cupcake. And sharing a cupcake is cuter.
  • edited December 2011
    Wilton (and Michaels and Homesense) sell a giant cupcake pan that you can have one made.  My mom is making us cupcakes for the guests and a giant cupcake for us to cut and feed each other!

It's cute and goes with the theme!  :)
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing cupcakes for our wedding and have decided to have two cupcakes on top ( one is a groom and one is a bride ) and pull apart a piece and feed it to each other. The bakery that is making our cupcakes, suggested to have a little larger cupcakes ( than the regular sized cupcakes )  to fill the top and make it almost like to cake topper as well. We thought it was a unique idea and will be really fun.

Here was our inspiration ( and i found this from google so i don't know who to give credit to it )

I don't mind growing old, as long as I'm growing old with you. (:

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Our Wedding Website
  • sarahlm619sarahlm619 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    SUPER cute idea shearxhappiness -- thanks!!!

Lots to think of -- good thing my wedding is still over a year away! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards