Wedding Woes

updates (and a pic)

wolverine is 2 months old! (as of tuesday) she's 7lb8oz and 21" now - up from 4lb6oz 18" at birth. she's very active, and starting to smile at me when she sees me. i love it.

since DK got a job, I am staying home a little longer - probably an extra 6-7 weeks. my employer approves, but I got a call from my boss today saying how much he is looking forward to having me back. it's nice to feel needed. :-)

we're still catching stray/feral cats in our yard. caught #9 this morning. he was a nasty SOB. we know of at least 3 more adult cats that we have not caught. i talked to the animal control officer when she picked up the cat, and she said so far none have been adoptable. the kittens might have a chance, but since they were about 3-4 months, they may be too wild.

there is some fun IL gossip/drama, but that's for another post.

Wolverine takes all comers: (also, please note the pillow - you know this will piss off MIL when she sees it... Innocent) I was humming the "Rocky" theme to her when I was taking the pic...

Re: updates (and a pic)

• edited December 2011
    She's so tiny, and sweet.:)
  • edited December 2011
    She's so itty bitty. What a darling baby.
    MIL is thrilled you're joining the family. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Gaaaah, she's adorable!!  I'm glad she's thriving AND that you get to stay home a little longer with her.
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    AWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!  So adorable.  I'm glad she's growing well and getting extra mama time. 

• +candi++candi+ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    love!! she's so adorable!
    imageimage
  • HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    OMG, she's so tiny and cute!
  • notamrsnotamrs member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Too cute! 

:( about the cats. I hate that people are so stupid to let animals run around unfixed and create situations like that. It's sad that they haven't been adoptable, but it's probably best that if they have to be put down, it will at least be in a humane way rather than starving, freezing, being hit by a car or mauled by a dog/coyote/whatever.
  • hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    so cute!  and what excellent news!

notamrs, i could not agree more.  ferals are really hard to capture, and then even if you release, they're really hard to capture again.  and feral cats are hard to rehab and adopt out; sometimes being put down is better than starving or being hunted.
  • SposatiSposati member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Adorable!!

And the cats...NINE?! What in the what what now?
  • edited December 2011
    How did the cats end up in your card? It seems strange that nine feral cats would all be in the same place <- says the crazy dog lady.
  • tawillerstawillers member
    edited December 2011
    Ha!  I love this picture!
  • *Barbie**Barbie* member
    edited December 2011
    the next door neighbor gave DK some history on the cats - apparently they have had a problem in the neighborhood for a while, and nobody has done anything about it - so that cats just keep multiplying. the people who live on the other side of us appear to be feeding the cats. that is just making the situation worse. neighbor said she has had several littersof kittens born in her yard and turned them over to animal control

the previous owner of our house had an "outdoor dog" who spent 100% of his time in the yard - the neighbors told us that it helped keeping the cats away.

It would be nice if the cats were adoptable, but euthanizing them seems like the humane way to handle it. the cats get food and shelter for at least a few days before the procedure, so at least they are comfortable.

we probably saved #8 - he was a little kitten. DK and the dogs found him huddled under our pool equipment 2 nights ago in the middle of a downpour. (we got something like 1.5-2inches of rain) DK set the trap about 5 feet from the kitten, and he was in it within 10 minutes - it gave him more shelter and a nice meal of tuna before he got picked up.
  • notamrsnotamrs member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah.  There are some successful trap, neuter release programs for feral colonies, but it takes a lot of time and dedication to make them work.  I'm as big an animal lover as they come, but sometimes you have to be realistic.  It just sucks that the animals usually pay the price for people's stupidity.
  • **O-Face****O-Face** member
    edited December 2011
    Wolverine is adorable and I love that you needled MIL with the pillow.  ;)

• LnR70707LnR70707 member
    edited December 2011
    I've said it before and I'll say it again (though obviously it falls on deaf ears), removal is not the answer when dealing with a colony, because there is an endless supply of new ones to take over.  Trap, spay, and release again in the same area is the best way to reduce the population.  Cats are territorial....you'll still have them around, but at least it will be the same fixed ones instead of 10 new ones fighting for the positions of the ones you just took out.
    br>imageimage
    IF/Baby Blog
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards