Military Brides

small wedding with a press for time.

hi, my fiance is in the military and currently is in Bootcamp.  He wont be home until a week before our wedding in November 12th of this year. we were planning on a big wedding next Sept but decided we wanted to get married now.  So we are having a small wedding at the JP court and having a dinner at our house.  I dont know how to decorate or what to do for food since its going to be about 50 people.  My fiance and I do not want this to be a big deal because we want our big wedding to be big...  My mother has all these plans, but thats not what we want for this wedding.  any suggustions on how to do this.  I only have 37 days; and am stuck.

thank you

Re: small wedding with a press for time.

• edited December 2011
    Have you told your mom that you are not wanting anything big right now?
    more details might make it easier to try and help... lol sorry 
    Brittany and Matthew December 28 USAF- Proud Fianc? Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto with jfg. Discuss this with your mom first, then go on with the planning. I'm guessing you want more of a casual dinner right? You can always do like a laid back BBQ reception and decorations can always be purchased at party stores, walmart, sam's
  • edited December 2011
    I would sit and have a talk with your mother about what you want. She is probably so excited that she doesn't even know what she's doing. I hope everything works out. :)
    No Amount Of Distance Can Seperate The HeartPhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards