Snarky Brides

Good morning girls! Yes it's 4 AM here!

2»

Re: Good morning girls! Yes it's 4 AM here!

• Hey, numbers! I missed you in the post. :) You had the breakup tub...I may be drooling a little, even if it's only 10:15 and not an ideal time for ice cream. That thing is incredible.

It's moving closer to you, and farther from me. Which is maybe a good thing for my wallet...maybe. It hurts my soul a little, but it's all good. The new Target is apparently going into the old Ikea spot...I'll be interested to see how it compares to the US Target.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-girls-yes-its-4-am-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d4d696c7-eed6-4b56-8b40-b1fa84a36541Post:87dbd0e1-9f6f-4984-9301-57b9f7f7206a">Re: Good morning girls! Yes it's 4 AM here!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning girls! Yes it's 4 AM here! : I think I did hear that.  Up to Appleby and the South Service Rd type area?  I need to go to Ikea.  To, y'know, buy a crib and shiit.  <strong>'Cause apparently I'm having a baby in 13-17 weeks.</strong>
    Posted by raynes[/QUOTE]

<div>I wish we had a like button on here.</div><div>
    </div><div>Also...your due date is variable by 4 weeks? Or are you just including the possibility of an early birth?</div>
  • Edie - I have no idea; it feels like I've tried every avenue to get this thing closed.

And is it just me, or has customer service really gone down the tubes now that the economy is in the gutter? It just seems like nowadays, it is such a PITA to get things done.

For instance, I pay the highest rate for our weekly pool cleaning service. Every week, our pool lady has something to complain about. Last week, it was because she had to replace our pump basket (just add it to my monthly bill!), this week she left me a long note complaining that it took her over an hour to clean our pool when normally it takes 20-30 minutes, and out of the 70+ pools she does every week, ours takes the longest and if this continues then she's going to have to start charging us more.

Uhh, WTF? How about you quit complaining about a job you choose to do, and just friggin' do it? And stop threatening to charge us more when that's not even in our contract.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Number, list in March.  Then you'll get the spring/early summer buyers.  Around here it's the most popular time for house shopping.
  • Good morning!

I have had nightmares every night this week. It's making me almost scared to go to bed. I don't like it.

H is interviewing for a new job today! It's something he is much more interested in than his current job so I am hoping he gets it :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-girls-yes-its-4-am-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d4d696c7-eed6-4b56-8b40-b1fa84a36541Post:bf5fbb07-93a1-4a3e-a317-b77dd1f60b86">Re: Good morning girls! Yes it's 4 AM here!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Number, list in March.  Then you'll get the spring/early summer buyers.  Around here it's the most popular time for house shopping.
    Posted by pirategal03[/QUOTE]

<div>It is here too. We just have to figure out what we will get for our current place AND what we can afford for a DP.  Sigh. I hate this crap.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-girls-yes-its-4-am-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d4d696c7-eed6-4b56-8b40-b1fa84a36541Post:bf31a285-6cea-416c-9921-2c5880011ad7">Re: Good morning girls! Yes it's 4 AM here!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Megh, that makes no sense. I mean yeah it sucks it took longer than she though it would but it happens. I have not noticed a drop in customer service yet but it doesn't surprise me. Especially this time of year right after the holidays. 
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

What's more is she went three weeks in November without cleaning our pool. She claimed she did and that she just didn't know where to put the service tags because it was windy, but H was home all day during that time (he had stand-down days from work) and she never once came during that time, so I called her boss. And now she's saying that the reason it's taking her so long is because our lawncare guy isn't being careful enough and the clippings are getting blown into the pool when he mows. No, he hasn't been by since mid-December since the grass doesn't really grow when it's cold, and we even pay him to clean up after himself when he does clean.

This is just one example, don't even get me started on Florida Power & Light...
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Morning ladies! Its cold again this morning and it hurts my bones lol. I love Bank of America. We have a bunch of accounts with them and never had a problem.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-girls-yes-its-4-am-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d4d696c7-eed6-4b56-8b40-b1fa84a36541Post:ae6e520c-2112-4dac-8dbc-10e3652fb17a">Re: Good morning girls! Yes it's 4 AM here!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good luck to your H Sere! Kd, we use our AMEX for everything humanly possible.  I like that we have to pay it off every month.  Keeps us honest on what we can afford.  And the points are awesome - especially now that you can shop amazon with points.  We paid zero for our Dyson Animal that way.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

DH uses his for everything too. We just used the points for a flat screen in the bedroom.

Mine is so old and has had a balance for years. It's my biggest account, so I just pay the minimum every month. I will be done with on CC in March and what I'm paying on that will go to my next smallest. Then all I have left is my Amex,car payment and cell phone. I'm almost there! I'm so excited to be paying off my bills from my divorce. Since, I got screwed in the deal.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-girls-yes-its-4-am-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d4d696c7-eed6-4b56-8b40-b1fa84a36541Post:f71b4b04-483c-40ce-83a8-97637f340695">Re: Good morning girls! Yes it's 4 AM here!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning girls! Yes it's 4 AM here! : I wish we had a like button on here. Also...your due date is variable by 4 weeks? Or are you just including the possibility of an early birth?
    Posted by number55[/QUOTE]

Your due date is set for 40 weeks after your last period started, but you're considered full term at 37 weeks. 

Also, re: Target, I realllllllly hope the Zellers near me becomes one.  I've never been to a Target, but I've heard such good things.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-girls-yes-its-4-am-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d4d696c7-eed6-4b56-8b40-b1fa84a36541Post:ed1fc997-d41e-4a27-9b64-1b2217ea5b09">Re: Good morning girls! Yes it's 4 AM here!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning girls! Yes it's 4 AM here! : Your due date is set for 40 weeks after your last period started, but you're considered full term at 37 weeks.  Also, re: Target, I realllllllly hope the Zellers near me becomes one.  I've never been to a Target, but I've heard such good things.
    Posted by raynes[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh, yeah, I guess in terms of full term, I get it.</div><div>
    </div><div>Also, the Zellers by my house will be a Target. You can come for a visit!</div>
  • Raynes - My mom used to take us school clothes shopping at Zellers in Abbotsford, BC (back when the dollar used be worth more than the loonie), and I hated it. For some reason, that Zellers just skeeved me out. It was like a cross between WalMart, Ross (stuff all over the floor) and K-Mart, but also a ghost town. There was maybe one other family there (on a Saturday no less) and one checker running the register. I swear, you could hear an echo in there.
    Photobucket
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-girls-yes-its-4-am-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d4d696c7-eed6-4b56-8b40-b1fa84a36541Post:52e42716-a3fe-4ad5-87bb-88b4e56edf08">Re: Good morning girls! Yes it's 4 AM here!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Edie, that's my understanding.  Well, they do have an option to 'Pay Over Time' but I think you pay a premium for it and I have no idea what the interest is.  With our account, we do have to pay if off each month.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

If you have to pay it in full each month it's a charge card, not a credit card.

<a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charge_card" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Charge Card</a> vs <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Credit_card" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Credit Card</a> (both clicky)
  • HI everyone! I am at work, and really wanting thai food for lunch but I shouldn't.

Everyone here is guilting me because I plan to transfer to another office soon and it makes me hate coming to work. I shouldn't feel guilty because I am protecting my career and future!
  • Mmmmm I love Thai food. Usually, when I start to crave it, I'm not satisfied till I eat some. The same goes for Vietnamese Pho.
    Photobucket
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-girls-yes-its-4-am-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d4d696c7-eed6-4b56-8b40-b1fa84a36541Post:f2b09c7d-7e8a-4f94-90ee-c8a9f4d7acbe">Re: Good morning girls! Yes it's 4 AM here!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Pirate, that makes sense.  I didn't see in the article - do charge cards affect your credit rating? 
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

It depends on how you mean.  Yes, charge cards report to your credit, but not in the same way as a credit card.  A credit card reports as a revolving account, a charge card reports as a line of credit, but not as a revolving.  So, if you have a high balance on a charge card at report time, it can affect your overall utilization.

Say you have two credit cards, both with $1000 limits.  You have a zero balance on one, and $500 on the other.  You have 25% utilization (500/2000). 

If you have the same two credit cards, with the same balances, but also have a charge card with $700 on it, then you have a 44% utilization (1200/2700) because charge cards usually report the highest balance as the limit, since they don't really have a traditional "limit".   (I'm fairly certain this part is right)

Sorry for the delayed response, I typed all this then got called into a meeting.

ETA: But having another credit line, like a charge card, in good standing can be a positive mark on a credit report. 

There are so many tiny things that affect credit scores, it's crazy.
  • Yum that French toast looks delicious! I had some macadamia nut and banana French toast in Hawaii that was the most amazing thing ever! I'm posting from my new Kindle Fire so hopefully it works! So far I love it, glad we got it. Nothing much on the agenda today except the store to pick up some stuff so I can try my hand at making my own baby food!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-girls-yes-its-4-am-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d4d696c7-eed6-4b56-8b40-b1fa84a36541Post:27360e7e-719b-4b59-b50c-21bad4ce6b7c">Re: Good morning girls! Yes it's 4 AM here!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks Pirate.  I have a good credit score but I was going to be kind of irked if the fact that we pay a charge card off every month didn't account for anything.   We do have other actual credit cards but they're all at zero balances (right now).
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

Using credit wisely (like it sounds like you're doing) should count for something :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-girls-yes-its-4-am-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d4d696c7-eed6-4b56-8b40-b1fa84a36541Post:18ca6953-3839-46b7-8dea-7bb1af98a4ad">Re: Good morning girls! Yes it's 4 AM here!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mmmmm I love Thai food. Usually, when I start to crave it, I'm not satisfied till I eat some. The same goes for Vietnamese Pho.
    Posted by mehgank[/QUOTE]

Me too, And I seriously think about it constantly for days it drives me crazy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards