Nevada-Las Vegas

What are you guys doing????

I know that besides planning and paying for a wedding... We all have LIFE GOING ON... and with christmas coming up..I started wondering what everyone is doing???

of course kids always are taken care of.... BUT... what are you guys doing for each other... are you still spending a lot on each other for gifts.. or are you using that money for your wedding??

Since our wedding is in Vegas.. I really want to make a scouting trip out there.. for taste testing and touring the ceremony and reception site... I am thinking of just making that trip our christmas gift for each other... two birds with one stone!!!!

what are you ladies doing... or are you just holding off until after christmas
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What are you guys doing????

• im done with christmas that includes 2 dogs.  :) im moving in feb so im saving to fix car and move.  :)
  • We are doing a small Christmas since the wedding will be less than two months from then. We will get each other one gift which happens to be an Ipad, how I got dupped into that I'm still trying to figure it out, darn Vodka!

Other than that we want to spend family time together and enjoy the holiday.
    And they lived happily ever after... February 16, 2013 Chapel of the Flowers Stardust Suite at The Orleans
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_what-are-you-guys-doing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:bcb47023-2c4f-44ef-8063-3835c7891118Post:a5299d48-1067-40a5-a802-0577ca3f90ad">Re: What are you guys doing????</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are doing a small Christmas since the wedding will be less than two months from then. We will get each other one gift <strong><em>which happens to be an Ipad, how I got dupped into that I'm still trying to figure it out, darn Vodka</em></strong>! Other than that we want to spend family time together and enjoy the holiday.
    Posted by jkr41271[/QUOTE]

he got you girl..lol... small gift.. yeah ok..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Small Christmas big gift and his bday is December 15th which he keeps reminding me. WTF...I think I need to ask for a ring upgrade, lol
    And they lived happily ever after... February 16, 2013 Chapel of the Flowers Stardust Suite at The Orleans
  • yeah.. you need to get some more out of this deal,,

I love that my bday is jan 28th... so I have that buffer space.lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lol i would combine the gift lol
  • I think I will combine that gift...I'll tell him he can either get it on the 15th or 25th he can pick.  Love that idea!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_what-are-you-guys-doing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:bcb47023-2c4f-44ef-8063-3835c7891118Post:fafdaef8-c2a8-435c-8bb3-58ab8d3954db">What are you guys doing????</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know that besides planning and paying for a wedding... We all have LIFE GOING ON... and with christmas coming up..I started wondering what everyone is doing??? of course kids always are taken care of.... BUT... what are you guys doing for each other... are you still spending a lot on each other for gifts.. or are you using that money for your wedding?? Since our wedding is in Vegas.. I really want to make a scouting trip out there.. for taste testing and touring the ceremony and reception site... I am thinking of just making that trip our christmas gift for each other... two birds with one stone!!!! what are you ladies doing... or are you just holding off until after christmas
    Posted by nursing2u[/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure its going to be a low-key christmas when it comes to the gifting between fiance and I.  I really just want a nice purse, but even feel a tad bit guilty asking for that seeing that we have SO much to pay for in a couple of months. 

I am trying to get all of our other christmas shopping done with ASAP, so I can get back to concentrating on the wedding.  It really creeped up. I cannot believe how many details I still have to do.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_what-are-you-guys-doing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:bcb47023-2c4f-44ef-8063-3835c7891118Post:a5299d48-1067-40a5-a802-0577ca3f90ad">Re: What are you guys doing????</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are doing a small Christmas since the wedding will be less than two months from then. We will get each other one gift which happens to be an Ipad, how I got dupped into that I'm still trying to figure it out, darn Vodka! Other than that we want to spend family time together and enjoy the holiday.

Ha! Hillarious. Ipad is an awesome investment though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • definitely an investment..

Platinum... I ALWAYS want a NEW purse... lol...

The time is flying by... you guys will b married before we know it... and then are gonna leave me on hereCry.. me and southern
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_what-are-you-guys-doing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:bcb47023-2c4f-44ef-8063-3835c7891118Post:ee5a8c88-a277-49d2-8dbf-45e9efd1a47c">Re: What are you guys doing????</a>:
    [QUOTE]definitely an investment.. Platinum... I ALWAYS want a NEW purse... lol... The time is flying by... you guys will b married before we know it... and then are gonna leave me on here .. me and southern
    Posted by nursing2u[/QUOTE]

We will be back!  & with reviews.  Also, its engagement season. Time to welcome all the newbies to the board :D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_what-are-you-guys-doing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:bcb47023-2c4f-44ef-8063-3835c7891118Post:9a590029-b910-4832-8ae6-36d590a90b74">Re: What are you guys doing????</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are you guys doing???? : We will be back!  & with reviews.  Also, its engagement season. <strong><em>Time to welcome all the newbies to the board :D
    </em></strong>Posted by PlatinumBride13[/QUOTE]

I know... it's nice to have people you are use to looking for you know... Thats what happens when you plan a yr or more in advance... people come in with less time and come and go and you are still here...lol...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited November 2012
    we are buyign each other a bunch of small practical gifts. id rather have lots of small presents than one big expensive one lol

FI likes hickory farms so ill buy him a couple of those, a sweater, he has been talking about wanting a watch so ill buy him a $40 watch since i know he will never wear it, and whatever else i see that i think he would like
  • I'm coming back especially for nursing and southern as I am highly anticipating their weddings
  • awww... you got me blushin over here!!! 

We both will be back waiting for Yanc... so we will get  to see a lot of brides come and go
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • what happened to my post?
    SoontobeMRsSMITH13
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_what-are-you-guys-doing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:bcb47023-2c4f-44ef-8063-3835c7891118Post:e6357817-0339-4679-a37b-4d58b5dd34ea">Re: What are you guys doing????</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong><em>what happened to my post?
    </em></strong>Posted by cindarelldoll[/QUOTE]

its on AAW
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'll still be planning our second reception which happens in April so I'm sure I'll still be looking for ideas and advice. I want to keep the Vegas vibe going just in Jersey
  • woot woot :) ill always be here :) lol kidding

my guys bday is sunday he gets a happy bday and love you.  i told him i didnt want anything for xmas :) omg in 2 months he will be here to move me, my pit and bunny :)
  • girl your move is your present!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lol im paying to move me :) but i get him
  • Well, considering FI vehicle just broke down and costs us 600 in repairs, Christmas gifts between him and I will be small or nonexisting. Also his 40th birthday is Monday...and I don't have anything yet. He did get to go to South Bend, IL for the weekend and watch the Notre Dame vs Pitt State game a month ago, as a past and future gift, but I still like to have something on his birthday and if its just a homemade cake. The car repair put a BIG frown into my christmas and wedding planning!
  • We're trying to keep it small, and mostly wedding related, especially since we're getting so close! He's buying me custom chucks in our wedding colors with my married name on them for me to wear on the photo tour (no sore tootsies!) He said not to get him anything, but I ordered hima tshirt that just came today and it's got the Vegas sign on it but instead of Welcome to fabulous las vegas it says just married in fabulous las vegas. He is gonna love it! I'll probably get him some cologne too. That's wedding related, right?
    Photobucket photo 899306-2148.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_what-are-you-guys-doing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:bcb47023-2c4f-44ef-8063-3835c7891118Post:e73a9cb0-6fd8-4839-bd3e-f0cca92af625">Re: What are you guys doing????</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'll still be planning our second reception which happens in April so I'm sure I'll still be looking for ideas and advice. I want to keep the Vegas vibe going just in Jersey

<div>We're doing a second reception in April too, on the 20th. Hopefully I have time enough to have wedding photos to show off!</div>
    Photobucket photo 899306-2148.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Every year, we celebrate - a weekend in advance - Christmas only the two of us. This tradition started even before we were a couple and it stayed! So we're gonna basically just have a little loving Christmas with a good meal, a bottle of wine and lots of love! :) We already bought our gifts as we're going to see Cirque du Soleil in Montreal on December 23rd! Yaaaaaay!

On Christmas eve, my family will come over for supper and celebration and on the 25th, we're going to his family's place.

We never really have BIG Christmas. I kinda envy those who have big family. Looks fun :)

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_what-are-you-guys-doing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:bcb47023-2c4f-44ef-8063-3835c7891118Post:1f02b1d7-3a77-4ecb-963e-07c7bc96238b">Re: What are you guys doing????</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are you guys doing???? : We're doing a second reception in April too, on the 20th. Hopefully I have time enough to have wedding photos to show off!
    Posted by coopsbaby[/QUOTE]

Mine is April 20th also
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_what-are-you-guys-doing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:bcb47023-2c4f-44ef-8063-3835c7891118Post:bc7a1bd8-261b-4a1e-ac9d-866a89d37fd7">Re: What are you guys doing????</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are you guys doing???? : Mine is April 20th also
    I think you should just go to Vegas for a wknd and take care of all the sampling and visiting of your wedding spots. The alone time and memories will be a perfect and plentyful gift for one another. I just had my bday this week, and then our 4 yr anniversary this wknd and xmas in 3.5 wks im not expecting much (besides xmas isnt about gifts anyways). With our wedding about 7 months away we are saving for that (and a house in the same year). 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_what-are-you-guys-doing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:bcb47023-2c4f-44ef-8063-3835c7891118Post:b267c221-0486-4111-9f62-3b4b32dc4845">Re: What are you guys doing????</a>:
    [QUOTE]Every year, we celebrate - a weekend in advance - Christmas only the two of us. This tradition started even before we were a couple and it stayed! So we're gonna basically just have a little loving Christmas with a good meal, a bottle of wine and lots of love! :) We already bought our gifts as we're going to see Cirque du Soleil in Montreal on December 23rd! Yaaaaaay! On Christmas eve, my family will come over for supper and celebration and on the 25th, we're going to his family's place. We never really have BIG Christmas. I kinda envy those who have big family. Looks fun :)
    Posted by SnowWhiteMontreal[/QUOTE]

We started a tradition since we got together of having Christmas Eve dinner for our families too.

To answer OP's question...money is super tight this year so we're just doing for our girls. We have plenty of time to spoil each other lol
  • We r kind of putting Christmas on the back burner since our wedding is the 28th. That is more than enough for both of us this year. The best present ever :
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards