New Hampshire

Happy Thanksgiving

Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!!

Anyone have any exciting plans? Anyone else going out black friday shopping like I am?

My Bio
imageWedding Countdown Ticker
image 154 Invited
image 47 Ready to Party
image 7 Missing out
image 100 Need to find the mailbox

Re: Happy Thanksgiving

• edited December 2011
    Well, I'm home in NH for the holiday, which is nice.  I was going to go shopping on Black Friday with my mom and aunt, but my mom told me I can't go because she wants to shop for me.  Oh well...

BUT, I am ordering my dress on Saturday!  Eeekk!

Anyway, I hope all you ladies have a fabulous holiday!
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-hampshire_happy-thanksgiving?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:101Discussion:fdf374c6-404a-4b0e-a233-25eea9d0240aPost:52d38046-f9cf-4dfc-b03d-7ef4f4697ca4">Re: Happy Thanksgiving</a>:
    [QUOTE]my mom told me I can't go because she wants to shop for me.  Oh well... BUT, I am ordering my dress on Saturday!  Eeekk! 
    Posted by cg-pm52111[/QUOTE]

Wow.  I think since I was about 14 everyone in my family knew what they would be getting.  We made a day to go out we had a limit and we picked out everything we wanted.  That way sizes were right and no returns ;)

And good luck with dress shopping!  I only went  twice and I have vowed not to go again until we set an actual date but its so fun!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
  • EDK2010EDK2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I will be missing my family in NH!!!

This is one of the major things that stinks about living in Canada. Unfortunately, Canadian Thanksgiving was back in October (Columbus day is Thanksgiving here). So I have a normal work day tomorrow! FI and I are going to go out for Turkey dinner tomorrow night at a restaurant instead! Oh and no Black Friday here either :(

Happy Thanksgiving Ladies!

TTC #1 Since July 2011
    BFP #1 2/28/12- 3/3/12 CP at 4w3d
    BFP #2 4/1/12- 5/7/12 Missed M/C at 8w4d (measuring 6w3d)
    TTC on hold until December
  • edited December 2011
    i am accross the country from my family, but will make do for the third year in a row celebrating thanksgiving with friends.  cannot wait to just lounge in sweats and eat food all day!  but no shopping on black friday, the designer i work for is hosting a trunk sale so i will be working it all day :( major bummer!  happy holidays to everyone!
  • edited December 2011
    Eat. nap. wake. repeat.  Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!  
  • edited December 2011

Going to see my family tomorrow; working Friday.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!

• ericcaahericcaah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    spending all day tomorrow with some friends and family - eating, napping, and watching football!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!! :)
    Anniversary
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    FI is coming over for Thanksgiving here at my parents...thats about it

and no black friday for me...I am working all day :(

Hope everyone eats their hearts out :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We drove down to NC to visit FI's family and for me to meet them. His sister flies in from Vegas this morning. Lots of food and family! No black friday shopping plans, although the hotel is right across from a target. 
  • ninnypooperninnypooper member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Happy Turkey Day Everyone!!!!

We did one of DH's family on Sunday, then today we do the other side of his family for lunch and my Dad's family for dinner. It's a busy day, but lots of turkey!

As for Black Friday, I have to work at 8am (I'm the only one there in the department tomorrow...lame!), so unless there is a sale on something I really want and I can still make it to work for 8am, then I'd be there.

FYI...I have an email from Michael's with a TON of coupons. They are % off entire purchases, which are great for votive candles and holders (that's what I did last year).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards