Wedding Etiquette Forum

Can we make this the evening thread?

Re: Can we make this the evening thread?

• Hi everyone!  Work was rididulously boring today.  I'm glad to be home, but I should've gone to the grocery store right after work instead of stopping for Chinese takeout.
  • I think I'm going to have half a pound of strawberries and cool whip for dinner. Sorry your advisor sucks, special. That is a good idea about the legal services though! I am taking a legal drafting class this summer for drafting willstrusts.
  • What other legal services should I take advantage of? H and I need to write wills, but I'm sure there's something else I should be doing.
  • Good evening, The Ladies.  FI and I are heading to the giants game with some of our boys  tonight.  Had an insanely stressful day at work and I deserve a gold star for not murdering anyone.

Carry on.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker White Knot
  • wow. by "willstrusts" I meant wills & trusts. Lol.

As far as other legal services... that is a good question. Seems like a lot of legal services only arise when something happens to need them.
  • Hi!  We decided to rent an apartment and I put an application in this afternoon.  Eff the house business.  Anything that's not a dump is either too expensive or doesn't allow big dogs.  Or it's cheap and allows dogs but is in a nasty neighborhood.  
    I like Jillian's Yoga Meltdown.  it's not a big sweat your balls off work out, but I definitely feel it in my muscles when I'm done.  I can't wait to get settled and be able to work out again.  I'm acclimating to the altitude this week - LOL - and doing a ton of running around.  
    I think I'm going to have popcorn for dinner.  I kind of had 2 lunches.  Embarassed
  • Is the apt a decent size Loops?
  • Hi.  Today was stupid, and I want hurt DirecTV.  And I'm staring at a treatment plan review and just drawing a complete blank with one of the objectives, and have been all day, and I want to throw my laptop against the wall.

So I'm eating pizza tonight.  And I'm going to regret it, but I don't care.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • The rodent in the walls is driving me crazy. STFU already.
  • It's the same sq. ft. as our house in Cleveland HA.  But it's 2 BR, 2 BA instead of 3 BR 2 BA.  With a 1 car attached garage with a HUGE apron at the top so we should be able to store our "extra" stuff.  I actually really like it.  They are totally dog friendly, have a dog park inside the complex, they are gated so you can only get in if you have a remote for the gate, have a gate out to a 1000 acre + nature preserve with biking/hiking trails throughout.  It's a 1st floor apartment with a patio and stuff.  I'm kind of excited about it.  If it's too small or 2 BR becomes an issue we can move to a 3 BR after 6 months with a new deposit (and get our old one back).  Oh, and they're brand new and totally eco friendly LEED compliant construction with high efficiency appliances and stuff.
  • God I would kick a baby for a glass of wine right about now. Oh well its almost bed time. I am soooo over busy season at work. I miss being around here :( 
  • Loopy, that sounds awesome! What part of Denver will you be in?
  • Wow that sounds like a really nice place, Loopy! I'm glad you found a place you guys will like and that will work for Autumn too. :)

Why do you want to hurt Directv, J? They have been the most helpful and best service I've had from cable providers so far, so I'm curious.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-we-make-this-the-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f702ded3-d035-43b7-bdf1-6687b34a6ea2Post:3e08c8a2-ba9d-420f-bb63-080b90c02301">Re: Can we make this the evening thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can we make this the evening thread? : This is why I can't stand it when friends/family think they're "doing everyone a favor" by planning a wedding for a holiday weekend. It ends up screwing up everyone's traditional plans (if they have them). Obviously, my friends/family are important to me, so I go, but it still miffs me that I have to give up a three-day weekend of doing whatever it is I love to do that particular weekend, whether it's a reunion, camping, a festival, or whatever.
    Posted by eirwyn[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Cool thing is you don't have to go to the wedding if you would rather go to your better plans. </div>
  • I miss you Rosie!!  So come back...  I'm sad I didn't get to meet the EC knotties before I moved :(.
  • I get super stabby about people complaining about holiday weekend weddings. We chose our date (May 28) because it was available and not because I wanted to be the memorial day weekend ruiner. 
  • MuSu, they're trying to charge us over $75 for moving our stuff when we move, and they couldn't explain to me why we have to pay this time and not last time, and they spent 15 minutes trying to sell me shiit I didn't want, and...well, let's just say the phone call ended with me interrupting the person's 7th (seriously) sales pitch by saying "I would like this conversation to be over before I swear at you, is that possible?"

• Seriously work has exploded. Our big training (around 3000 people) is almost here holyfuckholfuckfuckfuck and things are getting so busy and its overwhelming. thus the need for wine. 
  • Hi!

We just went out for Mexican food.  It was mediocre.  Maybe I need wine now to make it all better.
  • I am so ridiculously excited for my tv lineup tonight.  I think it's the most excited I've been in a while for tv.  New Glee, New Girl, Private Practice and Fashion Star!

Yeah, i'm a dork.  I'm aware.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-we-make-this-the-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f702ded3-d035-43b7-bdf1-6687b34a6ea2Post:6741424e-6c50-4db2-abac-8c548eb23ca2">Re: Can we make this the evening thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]MuSu, they're trying to charge us over $75 for moving our stuff when we move, and they couldn't explain to me why we have to pay this time and not last time, and they spent 15 minutes trying to sell me shiit I didn't want, and...well, let's just say the phone call ended with me interrupting the person's 7th (seriously) sales pitch by saying "I would like this conversation to be over before I swear at you, is that possible?"
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

Yikes. :( I haven't had to move with their service yet. That sucks. I hope someone will work it out for you -- usually if you complain up the ladder enough, someone will.

All I know is that Comcast is the devil incarnate. and Dish network isn't much better.
  • I just figure the couple chose a holiday weekend because it was the best choice for them and their immediate families. I have never expected anyone to plan a wedding around my plans. If I can't make it, I can't make it (which goes for both long-standing plans and weddings).
  • I just saw that Western Sky loan commercial again. 116% interest rate. I just don't fucking get the desparation that would make someone do that.
  • Yeah, I'm going to call back tomorrow.  I couldn't even think straight I was so angry so I just had to stop talking to the person I was talking to because she was terribly unhelpful and I was terribly angry.

So I'm calling back tomorrow and I'll find someone to at least explain it to me, and if it makes sense, that's fine.  Otherwise, we have no qualms with threatening to switch.  We have enough time to wait to see if they'll actually call our bluff.  I don't think I should have to pay because we're moving when they did free installation when it was originally installed and when we moved last time.

• J, a lot of places only give you one free move. I really hope they don't make you pay. I also hope I'm able to repeat what you said, rather than swear at the next incompetent customer service representative I encounter.
  • Uh oh... The cable we will have at this apartment is Comcast.  We're considering just doing internet though and skipping the cable.  There's really not anything I watch that I can't get from Hulu+ or the network websites and our TV and my laptop have HDMI cable hookups.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_can-we-make-this-the-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f702ded3-d035-43b7-bdf1-6687b34a6ea2Post:2b42c174-0e47-4596-acdf-223896b10665">Re: Can we make this the evening thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]J, a lot of places only give you one free move. I really hope they don't make you pay. I also hope I'm able to repeat what you said, rather than swear at the next incompetent customer service representative I encounter.
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]

I was using every coping skill imaginable.  I'm surprised she understood me through my gritted teeth ;)  That would be fine, if that was their policy, but she kept saying it was because it's been less than a year since we moved, but it HASN'T.  So someone is confused.

• I know some people have no problems with comcast but seriously I have never had worse customer service, and we constantly had internet problems. We lived in the middle of the city (St Paul) and paid for 20 mgb/sec (which is freakin fast) and whenever we tested it, we NEVER got faster than 1 mgb/sec. We had people come out 3 separate times (aside from the two times that people called to say they were coming and never showed up...with no apology or explanation later), and no one EVER could give us an explanation for why we were not getting the internet speed we paid for. They suck.
  • Ugh.  I hope I don't have that problem.  Our broadband is Cardinal Broadband, but it's the same phone number as ComCast to set it up.  
    J&K, I probably would have cried on the phone with that customer service person.  It's my way of dealing with stress/frustration - and I'm a little stressed right now :).
  • I like when people have weddings on holiday weekends. I like having more travel time and not having to take off from work.

I am starving but I ate dinner already. I'm craving snack foods.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards