Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Good Morning!

Morning!

I get to work entirely too early....

the PP about save the dates got me to thinking... i have a family member in CA that I plan on inviting to the wedding.  He hasnt been back to PA in a while but mentioned wanting to make a trip sometime in the future. I am thinking my wedding would be a perfect opportunity for him to kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Is it tacky/too informal to just tell him weve set a date and we hope he and his family can be there?  Maybe send him a letter in the mail or a phone call? 
October 2012 May 2011 Siggy: E-Ring
Photobucket
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Good Morning!

• edited December 2011
    Good morning.  I'm an early bird too :)

I think its a good idea for you to mention your wedding date to your CA family well in advance.  I'm sure they would appreciate it.  I think an informal email would be good until you can send a formal STD or Invitation.  I always put details in writing so they have less opportunity to mess it up!
  • edited December 2011
    I agree- I'd definitely give him a heads up. My uncle lives in Cali and we did the same thing for him.

Not rude. They may take a week to come hang out in PA... only a day or two would be reserved for the wedding.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    good morning!! So I pull up into the parking lot and see that Brinks is already here. wtf.  So I rushed in and did the deposits in record time. I just hope I didn't make a mistake. I'm almost 100% sure I didn't but rushing makes me nervous.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, Northstar, I've had days like that. I was always paranoid that I screwed something up. I'm sure you did fine. :)
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning

I agree with everyone else.  It can't hurt to mention it to them so they have time to plan and save up for the trip. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    ok thanks ladies. i wasnt sure of the proper etiquette.  plus his job is crazy and i know he would appreciate the advance notice.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Good morning everyone! Today is a good day because we're closed tomorrow and I'm excited for NYE! I have my fingers crossed that we will be closing early today (we typically close around 3PM the day before a holiday). Then it's home to make cupcakes for NYE and get everything packed before we leave tomorrow morning for OCNJ...

PS - I agree about letting the CA family know about the date in advance. I think it woiuld definitely be appreciated!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    madam- im going to OCNJ this weekend too!!!!
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    I wish I was off tomorrow.  My FI is "on call" from 8-12, but can just work from home if needed.  I will be in here for a full day tomorrow.... hopefully my boss lets us leave a little early. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'll be in Mays Landing... 20mins from OCNJ  lol.  Hungover GTG?  Just kidding.

We get to leave 2hrs early today (for me that means 1:30), and I'm off tomorrow.  Woo hoo!
  • edited December 2011
    LOl hungover GTG.   im very jealous of your early departure.  our entire printer server went down yesterday so no one in the building can print. (and it is not a small building)  but we got the ok to listen to our ipods all day which is good. 
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Good morning.  My company is open but I'm off today and tomorrow! yay.  DH is at work both days though.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_good-morning-179?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:36092edd-ae5a-4112-b1a1-ab2ea38f70f5Post:79b9feb8-1b18-4fd1-8259-369b9cece27b">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]LOl hungover GTG.   im very jealous of your early departure.  our entire printer server went down yesterday so no one in the building can print. (and it is not a small building)  <strong>but we got the ok to listen to our ipods all day which is good.</strong> 
    Posted by jackiebean26[/QUOTE]

Our office is extremely empty today so I am jamming pandora at my desk :)

Bloody Mary Brunch Hangover GTG, eh??
  • Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    edited December 2011
    Morning ladies!  I'm on the night shift tonight and day shift tomorrow.

Can I get a WOOOOO for 24 hours at work??
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    edited December 2011
    madam and jackie - I'll be in OC as well this weekend!! :)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_good-morning-179?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:36092edd-ae5a-4112-b1a1-ab2ea38f70f5Post:f46032ba-d63a-493d-8a55-1681665e297a">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]madam and jackie - I'll be in OC as well this weekend!! :)
    Posted by Northstar1808[/QUOTE]

Yay! Another Hungover GTGer!

PS - I'm totally kidding because I am quite sure none of you will want to be around me anytime before 3pm on Saturday... Yikes....
  • LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm kinda sad that we're not going to OC, I feel so left out!

Hope you all are doing well this week. I finally got possession of my laptop after DH has been hogging it all week -- his got a virus and is at the doctor to be fixed!

Amer, 24 hours at work is so not cool. Did you get the jet fuel smell off of you?
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    edited December 2011
    Lady J- as soon as I got home last night I stripped my clothes off and threw them in the washer.  They are currently on their second wash.  HOpefully one more and the smell will be out. 

THose were my new #$%%@ jeans.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_good-morning-179?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:36092edd-ae5a-4112-b1a1-ab2ea38f70f5Post:25ea2914-8259-440f-871d-4a3265b36900">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE] THose were my new #$%%@ jeans.
    Posted by Amerbutt81[/QUOTE]

Nooooo! I hate it when new clothes get stained on the first week of wearing! I hope the second washing worked.
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Oh no!!!!

More skeleton crew + construction today... but we're off tomorrow, so the construction guys get the run of the place.  Soon I'm going to be homeless.  They're putting a wall up where there is now a cubicle wall, so when that happens, I'll be homeless.

Fingers crossed that Gzilla doesn't have to come in to work tomorrow?  He already had to work on Black Friday and hasn't taken his comp day for that yet... and now he might have to stay tonight (after working a 12+ hr day yesterday).  I would like my FI back, please.  At least when he's not home, I get more Sims time... but I'd rather he be home.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • edited December 2011
    Good morning. I'm taking off in a few hours here.  But because I'm the HBIC, I'm making everyone else work until 5.  Mwahahaha, the power......
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Morning!

I would send the STD as well.  We send our British/ overseas STD over 9 months out. Many people bought tickets then.  Mind you we do not have tickets yet, we walk on the wild side.

We have our tasting today.  We were supposed to have cake tasting #2 today as well but it was pushed back until tomorrow.  
    We still have a TON to do and we're flying out at 10pm on Sat night.  Ahhh.  
    We will be making invites NYE.
  • edited December 2011
    I have suuuch a headache today. I think it has to do with the glass of white wine I had with dinner last night. Apparently, I can only drink red wines. DD is sick as well and I was up worrying about her last night. I need to go home and take care of her, but there's only three of us in the office today, with patients, so I can't leave.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
  • edited December 2011
    NCV - If you need help with anything let me know
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • edited December 2011
    Morning!

so apparently FIs step dad is not able to help us get a house, long story. So then we will have to get an apt for now and then when we are able to get a house. This annoys me to no end. He wouldn't help anyone if his life depended on it. I could try to get a mortgage with FI being a cosigner after this tax season, but who knows if that would even work.  ugh.
  • edited December 2011
    B2B - You need 2 years of tax returns
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_good-morning-179?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:36092edd-ae5a-4112-b1a1-ab2ea38f70f5Post:35198ec5-3148-4b1a-9ef4-18218a3bfc2f">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]B2B - You need 2 years of tax returns
    Posted by jennyinyellow[/QUOTE]

my boss is going to file my taxes for this year and last year. She was going to put the tax through last year but then did not, but this yea she is going to file. so then that is 2 years of taxes right?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards