Wedding Etiquette Forum

S/O of Squirrly's post

What do you do that's weird, that bothers other people?

I have a friend who can't stand watching me eat.  Its not that i'm gross or anything, but I eat everything by layers.

If I get pizza, I eat the toppings first with a fork, and then the crust with my hands.  When I eat tacos, I eat the inside of the taco, and eat the shell last.

Same goes with cupcakes, and cakes.  I eat the frosting and then the cake.

You get the idea.
Photobucket

Re: S/O of Squirrly's post

• NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I like to eat everything mixed together, if I can eat it in a bowl im happiest but I will accept just having a bite of everything on my fork at once.
  • I, for the life of me, can NOT wrap my mouth around a fork full of food. I have to scrape the food off with my teeth. It makes a noise, and it weirds people out. I try SO hard not to do this, but I can't, I just can't.
  • I can't wear mittens, or have anything on my fingernails. AT ALL.

Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • I sniffle a lot.

I always have some form of allergies invading my body so I'm always drippy.  My sisters are always like "Just blow your noise" but it's almost habit and not actually cause I need to.

I don't notice I do it.
  • I also must eat my mac and cheese in a circle.

Like...I flatten it out across the plate and eat from the outside in, going around in a circle.

The Margarita Evolution
  • IF I'm in my own house (I promise I keep it under control in public), I tend to shun silverware in favor of my hands as much as possible. If a food item is especially large - like say, a big burger - I pull it apart to eat it. I don't have a ton of control over/strength in my hands and  silverware can be difficult for me to control and really just makes dinner much more frustrating than it needs to be.

I promise I use silverware if I have to in public.
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_of-squirrlys-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:171b4e3a-c7be-488b-8ca7-74ec09c528acPost:ea019538-5c90-4a3d-bc9a-072bde1604ce">Re: S/O of Squirrly's post</a>:
    [QUOTE]I also must eat my mac and cheese in a circle. Like...I flatten it out across the plate and eat from the outside in, going around in a circle.
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

<div>I do that with pudding and like desserts, but I'll start from the middle and work my way out.</div>
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • I have really crazy flexible fingers, and I'll just sit around and bend them backwards.  I don't even think about it, but I've been told it's gross.

For weird eating things, I eat all around the edge of sandwiches and burgers, and eat the center last.
  • I'm a salad dressing on the side girl. I don't like ANYONE but me to dictate how much dressing goes on my salad. Any salad. So I dip my fork, then grab some lettuce, but if I'm home by myself, I'll just eat it with my hands. Pick up a piece of lettuce, dunk it in the dressing, and scarf.

The Margarita Evolution
  • When I eat burgers, or any kind of sandwish really, I eat it into a half moon shape. By the end of the burger, I've probably got ketchup somewhere near my jaw.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_of-squirrlys-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:171b4e3a-c7be-488b-8ca7-74ec09c528acPost:df764b49-3b8d-4007-8a59-e476ead0b8a5">Re: S/O of Squirrly's post</a>:
    [QUOTE]IF I'm in my own house (I promise I keep it under control in public), I tend to shun silverware in favor of my hands as much as possible. If a food item is especially large - like say, a big burger - I pull it apart to eat it. I don't have a ton of control over/strength in my hands and  silverware can be difficult for me to control and really just makes dinner much more frustrating than it needs to be. I promise I use silverware if I have to in public.
    Posted by temerityjane[/QUOTE]

haha! I love this!
    Photobucket
  • I cut up my cranberry sauce into tiny tiny pieces before eating it. 

I'm always trying to share food or drinks.  It weirds out some of my friends.
  • Mine is very similar to Alexia- I have allergies and am always sniffling during this time of year. I carry around Kleenx though and am always blowing my nose. I am kind of paranoid that my students think I am this gross teacher and I always apologize to them when they are acting up. I drive Dan crazy because I sometimes forget about the Kleenx and leave them in random places all over the condo, especially underneath my pillow. I also leave them in pants pockets and it sucks when we do laundry because the little pieces get everywhere.
    7/10/10 imageDandy
  • FI and I rarely drink out of seperate glasses at home. It's weird and we definitely don't do it in public, but "Hey let me have a drink of that," turns into us just sharing a glass and taking turns refilling it.
  • I eat pickles seeds-first.  I twirl my hair around my finger without noticing it.  Sometimes I put my fingers under my arms and then I smell them...because it's bad.  No, wait...that's not me, that's Mary Catherine Gallagher....

Stop The Drama!

image Love people. Use things. Never confuse the two.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_of-squirrlys-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:171b4e3a-c7be-488b-8ca7-74ec09c528acPost:ca008942-9ba4-49e0-b3c2-6a5a1d8ee572">Re: S/O of Squirrly's post</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm a salad dressing on the side girl. I don't like ANYONE but me to dictate how much dressing goes on my salad. Any salad. So I dip my fork, then grab some lettuce, but if I'm home by myself, I'll just eat it with my hands. Pick up a piece of lettuce, dunk it in the dressing, and scarf.
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

I always as for it on the side!  Restaurants use too much dressing anyway.  Soggy salad is nasty.

Another weird thing is I'm a picker. I pick my nails, scabs, dry skin, whatever.  I'm starting to get comfortable picking in front of Nick, and he is disgusted :(  At least I don't pick my nose.
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_of-squirrlys-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:171b4e3a-c7be-488b-8ca7-74ec09c528acPost:0a1e5bb7-839a-4ca9-afe8-b89660e58016">Re: S/O of Squirrly's post</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: S/O of Squirrly's post : I always as for it on the side!  Restaurants use too much dressing anyway.  Soggy salad is nasty. Another weird thing is I'm a picker. I pick my nails, scabs, dry skin, whatever.  I'm starting to get comfortable picking in front of Nick, and he is disgusted :(  At least I don't pick my nose.
    Posted by shellydiane820[/QUOTE]

FI is a constant picker too. It drives me up the wall. He picks at his cuticles and I can hear it. It was really bad when he had stitches in his leg last summer. He was incapable of leaving them alone. He ended up with a pretty gnarly scar and I think it's because he fucked with it so much.
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Im a picker too shelly. Scabs are my weakness, but I will compulsively scratch areas too (mosquito bites, my back, my head). Im a scratching picker.
  • One thing I do that bothers FI is that apparentlly I hold my breath a lot. I don't notice it, but he says that I do it all the time.
  • I'm a picker too! I pick FI. He hates it haha
  • Nebb--are you a popper too?  If I have a blister on my foot, I have to pop it.

Photobucket
  • I like to pop blisters. I have to really love you to do it for you.  I do it for H all the time.  He comes home with blisters probably twice a month.  I also like to pick scabs.  I'm disgusting.  I do it in my own home though, preferably alone.

I am weird about food.  Burgers, sandwiches, etc... I will get them plain and then dip them in ketchup or mayo.  I like some bites with ketchup and some bites without.  I'm so weird.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • I'm a picker too.

And Robert makes fun of me and then acts like a Gorilla and starts picking at me until I stop.  It's pretty amusing.
  • I will not share milk with anyone.  I have on occasion shared with H, but this is new. 

Oh and you cannot open a can of pop the whole way.  Just a crack.  It tastes different if you open the tab the whole way.

I rip the crust off my pizza and eat it first.  Then I eat the rest with a fork or my hands.  Depends on where I am,  how gooey/messy it is, etc.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_of-squirrlys-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:171b4e3a-c7be-488b-8ca7-74ec09c528acPost:74a69c24-2bb9-42c3-9b50-6d4992c85f44">Re: S/O of Squirrly's post</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like to pop blisters. I have to really love you to do it for you.  I do it for H all the time.  He comes home with blisters probably twice a month.  I also like to pick scabs.  I'm disgusting.   I do it in my own home though, preferably alone.
    Posted by mandysmear[/QUOTE]

I always pop FI's pimples. They drive me nuts and I can't stop looking at them unless he lets me pop them!
  • :::raises hand::: My name is Allison and I'm a picker too.  FI can feel if we're sitting together and I'm doing it and he'll slap my hand (not hard, obviously).

Lauren, we don't use separate glasses at home either unless he's having a beer or something.

My mom says I touch my face a lot when I talk, but I don't notice.

I do the fork biting thing too and my mom told me when I was little that no one would want to go on dates with me if I did that, haha.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • I'm not a picker or scratcher, but I like to pop zips. It's disgusting but I would pop my college roommates' zits and now I pop Dan's. The back ones are the best. It is just so satisfying.
    7/10/10 imageDandy
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_of-squirrlys-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:171b4e3a-c7be-488b-8ca7-74ec09c528acPost:74a69c24-2bb9-42c3-9b50-6d4992c85f44">Re: S/O of Squirrly's post</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like to pop blisters. I have to really love you to do it for you.  I do it for H all the time.  He comes home with blisters probably twice a month.  I also like to pick scabs.  I'm disgusting.   I do it in my own home though, preferably alone. I am weird about food.  Burgers, sandwiches, etc... I will get them plain and then dip them in ketchup or mayo.  <strong>I like some bites with ketchup and some bites without.  I'm so weird.</strong>
    Posted by mandysmear[/QUOTE]

That's not weird, I always get two dipping sauces for french fries bc I am incapable of making up my mind, and I use both.
    Photobucket
  • I'm totally ok with eating the same food every night for days. I get hung up on foods and don't get sick of them for a while, but once I do get tired of them then I don't get them again for like a year. Right now, I'm addicted to eating Subway and Bob Evan's. If we could go everyday, we would, and I would eat the exact same thing.
  • Ohdearlord, the picking and popping talk is making me feel vomity.  I don't think I can come back in here.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards