Not Engaged Yet

AW: New Puppy!

Hey guys!So, Saturday morning BF and I drove up to MA to pick up our puppy from the breeder's house. She is so cute, I can't even handle it. We've named her Kaya and she has been the perfect puppy so far. She's been good about only chewing on her toys, she hasn't had ONE accident inside the house, and she settles down in her crate at night within a few minutes. Anyways, you can see some photos on the blog I set up for her:Now...I need to figure out how to get work done today with this little furball staring up at me!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: AW: New Puppy!

• Ohmygoodness.  How cute.  She looks like a little fox!
  • Awwwww so cute! She's adorable and looks so snuggly! I'm so glad it worked out this weekend! And Kaya is a really sweet name.
  • OMG she's adorable!!!!!!

• Boo I can't see the website at work. I'll have to check back later.

Anniversary

• Jealous! We decided it is time to get Maggie a sister. We started looking on Saturday but so far nothing. We will be going back to the shelter Thursday night to see if they have anything new.

• She is absolutely adorable :D
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-new-puppy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:997ec322-ba28-4b0e-b5f0-9c8ea3b5679ePost:f28e282d-f17f-4560-b44c-d922a9c45e17">Re: AW: New Puppy!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jealous! We decided it is time to get Maggie a sister. We started looking on Saturday but so far nothing. We will be going back to the shelter Thursday night to see if they have anything new.
    Posted by Stina51286[/QUOTE]

<div>Do it! My apartment is too small to get another pet anytime soon, but I can't wait to have Kaya meet up with my mom's dog or a friend's dog so she has another friend to play with!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SHE LOOKS LIKE A REGAL LIONESS

And give it up, man. You won't get any work today. Puppy time is way more important.

• She's adorable! I love her name; it's very pretty.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wicked cute! Worth the wait, no doubt.

Hi Kaya!
  • Love her!! She is so pretty! 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-new-puppy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:997ec322-ba28-4b0e-b5f0-9c8ea3b5679ePost:e0a75d2f-312c-4443-b3ae-9168139bcb9c">Re: AW: New Puppy!</a>:
    [QUOTE]SHE LOOKS LIKE A REGAL LIONESS And give it up, man. You won't get any work today. Puppy time is way more important.
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Haha - you're right. Nothing is getting done today except for when she's sleeping (maybe). 

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Awww! She is adorable!

• So adorable!!!!!  How is Kaya sleeping through the night?  I know a lot of puppies whine and cry, but she seems to be adjusting well!  Also kong toys are the best!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Tumblr is blocked at my work.  Fron everyone's comments she sounds adorable!  Good luck with her!
  • So cute! She just looks so hugable!!! I miss the puppy stage...enjoy it while it lasts!
  • edited November 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-new-puppy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:997ec322-ba28-4b0e-b5f0-9c8ea3b5679ePost:a81cf69a-4cb4-4517-9caf-edc733f28f2b">Re: AW: New Puppy!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So adorable!!!!!  How is Kaya sleeping through the night?  I know a lot of puppies whine and cry, but she seems to be adjusting well!  Also kong toys are the best!!!
    Posted by buddysmom80[/QUOTE]

<div>She's been pretty good at night. We put the crate on my side of the bed, and she'll cry for the first 5-10 minutes, but then settle down pretty quickly. She's been waking us up at about 6:15am, and BF takes her outside to go then.</div><div>
    </div><div>The only problems we've had so far is that she NEVER wants to come back inside from the backyard. This breed is known to not be very good at "recall", so we'll have to do a lot of training. Unfortunately, she's not very motivated by treats - or we just haven't figured out what she likes. Whatever treats or toys we try to lure her with always seem a lot less interesting than what is outside! </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ohmygosh she's too cute!!!!!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • She's so cute!  Is she a shiba inu?  
  • Cute overload!  What a great little puppy and a sweet name.  

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-new-puppy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:997ec322-ba28-4b0e-b5f0-9c8ea3b5679ePost:26413ce4-6a01-472a-8457-7134b8ba0fdf">Re: AW: New Puppy!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW: New Puppy! : She's been pretty good at night. We put the crate on my side of the bed, and she'll cry for the first 5-10 minutes, but then settle down pretty quickly. She's been waking us up at about 6:15am, and BF takes her outside to go then. The only problems we've had so far is that she NEVER wants to come back inside from the backyard. This breed is known to not be very good at "recall", so we'll have to do a lot of training. Unfortunately, she's not very motivated by treats - or we just haven't figured out what she likes. Whatever treats or toys we try to lure her with always seem a lot less interesting than what is outside! 
    Posted by Hummingbird125[/QUOTE]

We've always had Golden Retrievers and I know from housebreaking them that a LOT of positive reinforcement works with them.  Maybe when the puppy comes in from outside give her lots and lots of attention.  Therefore, coming in after doing her business is a very positive thing.  Also, I don't know if your breeder told you and check with your veterinarian but try plain yogurt as a treat. 

Are you going to bring her to puppy school?

6:15 is not too early at all!  Lucky! 

I'm so jealous of the pink kong!  We were talking about getting a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel puppy since I wanted another girl in the house (cat is a boy) and I got an e-mail from a breeder in northern NJ who wanted to get rid of one of her studs since he's not doing well in the show ring (very clingy to the owner).  He's under a year old and I'm sad, no pink kongs or collars but he's a gorgeous dog.  We are going next Sunday to check him out. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards