New Jersey - South

Merion in cinnaminson???

anyone know anyone or are planning their wedding reception at the Merion in cinnaminson? I was wondering how it looks in person and how much per head it is if possible :)thanks ladies!!!

Re: Merion in cinnaminson???

• edited December 2011
    You're in the right place- we've talked about the Merion and other venues a lot on these boards. If you go down to past topics, you get a lot of information- there's a LOT about the Merion. These boards really helped me make my decision. I visited the Merion, and it was too chaotic for my taste, because I went on a Saturday and saw three brides taking pictures at the large stairs in the entry way (because they have no grounds) and all 3 parties of guests were just standing there watching- SO hectic! As far as pricing goes, I was quoted at $165. per person- not including tax and gratuity. Their menu is like something you could find at a hotel- pretty simple with no flexibility. But it is very overpriced.
  • awatson9awatson9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks you!!
  • edited December 2011
    The Merion is beautiful. It is on the high end of pricing but it includes a lot. There can be up to 3 weddings on the same day but they stagger them an hour apart. I have heard the food is amazing and at our tasting everything was great. I am getting married there in December and everyone has been great and very helpful with the entire process. If you have any other questions let me know.
  • edited December 2011
    I am having my wedding at The Merion in 2011. The prices are high average compared to other places we were looking at, however they were willing to work with us. The staff was amazing and very helpful. I know they have multiple weddings, however I heard they are staggered. The menu is unreal. The selection is far above and beyond any other place we looked at.
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married there in October 2010.  It's where I always dreamed of having my wedding reception.  The skylight room is absolutely beautiful.  I particularly wanted this room because I feel that I will be able to get beautiful pictures as the day changes to night.  Pricing wise, it definitely depends on what month and day of the week you are having it.  At first I was not going to even go look at the Merion, because although I loved it, I thought it was out of my price range.  How surprised was I when I received my quote sheet.  The coordinator that I have been working with there Adrienne has been very helpful so far with recommending vendors etc....  I would say go talk to them.  I am not paying close to the $165 that the other bride quoted.  So if you have any questions, let me know.  I would be more than happy to share any knowledge I have. You can email me directly at Jhsnsonyas@aol.com.  Hope this helps!
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married in October 2010 as well at the Merion and I fell in love when I first walked in.  I was told the same, that there can be up to 3 other weddings that same day, but they are supposedly staggered (unfortunately that is something you will not know the truth about until your day comes).  I am in the Palazzo Room and am obsessed with!  The menu is AMAZING....your guests will not walk out, but ROLL out because there will be so much food and SO MANY options!  I too am not paying near the $165 per head that the other bride quoted, so I would DEF recommend going in and talking to someone.  They were willing to work with me and I am sure they will do the same for you.  Good luck!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm having my wedding at the Merion in August 2010 and I couldn't be more excited!  I currently live in north NJ, but my family lives in south Jersey, so we looked all over NJ at reception places.  The Merion was a bargain compared to the  other (pricier) places we liked, and seemed to offer so much more for your money.   The menu is ridiculous and the place is beautiful.  Our wedding is in the Palazzo room, which is exactly the glamorous atmosphere I was going for.  If you are going for a bigger wedding, as opposed to a more intimate affair, I think the Merion is a great bet.  You can also bargain with them on price and particulars.

Sure, they have 4 ballrooms and therefore can have up to 4 events going at one time.  I won't lie-- that *definitely* gave me pause initially, but THIS IS WHAT THEY DO and I trust they know what they're doing.  They wouldn't still be in business after all these decades if they weren't good at coordinating multiple events at one time. 

My only negative, which isn't necessarily their fault, was that my planner (who I absoutely LOVED) recently quit, so now we have someone else, but she's been very responsive and good to work with.  Also, the general manager Cliff has been incredibly helpful and friendly throughout the process.

I'm probably the world's most indecisive bride, and choosing the reception site was a huge agonizing decision, but thus far, I couldn't be more pleased. 

As long as you've done your homework, and know what you want in a reception site, you will be just fine.  Good luck in your planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards